8-16-2023

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

i fixed the canyoneer spawn, next patch he'll be in droga at the locations magelo shows (2 phs total)

Manstache likes this.
  2. Zanti

Zanti New Member

I don't know what it was like on AK but on pc live in chardok when you zoned in and hugged the wall behind you then you'd be out of range of the roamer that visits the zone in. Currently he agros.

3. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

It appears that resetting the attack timer for spells also affects Warriors, so probably also Monk and Rogue too. Which is to say, if I click my 3s Symbol of the Planesmasters, wearing a 2 hander, the spell lands, and then I have to wait out my weapon delay.

So, after re-reading the thread, everyone's talking about Hybrids, Priests, and Casters, so I'd like to know if the way it affects pure melee classes is intentional too.

Cadsuane and Radda like this.
  4. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

It doesn't do that for me, are you sure?

5. Aithne

Aithne Member

6. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I just tried a bunch of instant clickys and short cast time clickys with my warrior and didn't seem to have a delay in attacking.

I think the code requires you to have spell gems? which melee classes don't, so it should skip the routine?

7. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

That was the idea, I'm unsure if that's 100% correct, but spells from items don't fizzle either.

Think of it this way.. everybody has their attack timer reset when they cast a spell. Hybrids have an ability that replaces this behavior so they suck less. Consider that originally before all the expansions hybrids didn't have their own spells, they just cast lower level caster spells. So we're talking about like 4-6 sec long cast times on some of these necro spells, trading several melee rounds just to channel the spell. A shadowknight is using a yak the same as the warrior, but he only has one. In theory it's balanced so that if he uses both his spells and his melee attack, he can sortof do as much damage as the warrior with 2 weapons and no spells. They realized that this was making hybrids suck even more, so their attack timer isn't reset and it makes sense to do both melee and casting DoTs for example. Now fast forward a few expansions, and there are special hybrid spells with short cast times as well as hybrid weapons that make up for not having dual wield, as well as caster weapons that have a proc so good that it's worth swinging. The classes that sucked the most at the beginning kind of became better than the rest over time when they fixed the stuff that sucked about them, while the classes that were already good didn't get much else and fell behind (poor magicians), though this could be debated endlessly.

Tecmos.Deception likes this.
  8. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

I will take Solar's and Rimidal's experimental rigor over my "I tried this two or three times in the middle of a raid" anecdote. Thanks for looking into it for me, and sorry for the noise.

Tuluvien and Tecmos.Deception like this.
  9. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

the AK logs seemed like clickies didn't cause the attack delay, even for clerics using mark of karn BP clicky (a spell they can scribe). It might be working that way now, just thought i'd mention it in case it wasn't!

kai4785 likes this.
  10. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Ah, I think it's the attack animation that I don't get, duh. Cause the clicky has a cast animation when it lands, so no attack animation while the cast animation is going. Drrfff...

11. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

This well-timed change is sooooooooooo brutal for new players on Project Quarm.
    Not complaining, just saying.

12. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

brutalizing you guys makes my day

Neealana, Pithy, Mechaike and 7 others like this.
  13. Rexas

Rexas Member

charasis: 'bile sentinel' renamed to 'a bile sentient'.

Was this renamed on AK? Every other mention of those keywords points to Sentient Bile being the name. Unsure if he summons on TAKP, but in the alla comments for Sentient Bile he is mentioned to summon in 2005.

14. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

'a bile sentient' is what it was called on AK, yes. They did a mini-revamp of the zone in 2003 which renamed some NPCs.

Mechaike and Rexas like this.