250 jewelcraft!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elroz, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

You could, but when you were level 65, and could sell Flawless Rockhopper stacks for 5k, Ornate patterns for 10k+, etc. The plat loss from JCing was negligible. At least for most people with a few 65s. It never dawned on me to try enchanting before combining when I got my druid or my enchanter 250 JC. Infact I think the only time I used the enchant spells on my enchanter were for non-Jewelry-item combines. Silver Chain for the Solstice Robe, the Pottery Golden Idols, enchanted velium for Artisan seals etc.

Without mass-enchants this would be the most boring thing in the world.

I do have logs of all the non-enchanted prices at max CHA if anyone cares to review them.

June 2003 JC Guide on EQtraders:

This is functioning as intended. So long as people aren't automating this to auto-bot their way to plat, its fine. No sane individual would sell enchanted pieces as a means to gain plat.

2. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

Congratulations on 250! Also good job saving some money by enchantiong the metal. Personally, to me it would have not been worth the extra time it would have taken to enchant the metal (no mass enchant here) not to mention the extra time medding; I would have saved myself the time and not enchanted the metal and I would have simply lost more money selling the finished product to the NPC. Hopefully, you do not have carpul tunnel (sp).

3. Cutty

Cutty Well-Known Member

Just ran into this thread... not intentionally meaning to necro an older post but it is motivation to take up JC on my enchanter. Elroz the guy who did this, though... clearly an e-criminal. I bet he uses coupons at the grocery store to steal money from the business 25 cents at a time...

For real though... it's sad to get mad at somebody because they thought of a more efficient way of doing something. That's the definition of being a hater... I only mention that now because hopefully if people feel some kind of way about things in the future and they've read this post... they'll reflect on how salty they're looking, lol. People laugh when you get like that... don't be that guy.

Either way, Elroz is one of the nicest dudes I met in game... plus he takes a lot of extra time to test things and help out in the development of the server. I know it's mad late... but good job man.

4. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

100% correct - Elroz is one of the nicest guys I have met in EQ.

Mokli, Ghakim and Neealana like this.
  5. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Y'all are crazy. Elroz sucks.

He also uses dial up to play eq.

6. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I just have to say, after reading this that if you are comparing Elroz at 5k cost to some unnnamed person you claim spent 50k to get to 250 then you are just comparing apples to.... Morons?

7. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

if you're suggesting there's a different way to connect to the internet then you're ruining my nostalgia / preservation / immersion and I demand your resignation.
    and a refund.

8. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

lol I'm still 250 JC skill and I hang out behind the dark bank in the alley most of the time. If you need JC combines hit me up, just don't ask where the materials came from or anything that might jeopardize my "clean" business, thanks!

Last edited: May 22, 2015