250 jewelcraft!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elroz, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

Lookin' for work
    [​IMG]

2. Smackage

Smackage New Member

!!! GJ

3. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

Woohoo, free jewelry for Destiny! ;)

4. Elroz

(funded by sturmm) u forgot that part!

5. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

Doh!! :eek: Wonder if the Main Bank gives loans, and at what percentage?!
    Seriously, congrats!!

6. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Major gains ! Grats to Elroz !

7. Circe

Circe New Member

Congratulations!

I'll be there myself, in a year or two ...

8. iance

iance New Member

4 to 5k to get JC to 250? :?

9. Lab

Lab New Member

Impressive ! Congratulations !

10. Elroz

Yeah think I lost a total of about 5k plat. If you enchant each bar before you combine it, the item it makes sells for more than the unenchanted version. I may have spent more than that, I was pretty much just sitting there selling jewelry as I went and spending the money as it came in.

11. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

^ Congrats on exploiting I will be awaiting the removal of your skill.

12. Reiker

Reiker New Member

Yeah, kinda disappointing that this skill was achieved with a plat dupe. Lucky this isn't P99, you would lose your account not your skill.

13. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'm showing my ignorance here but I never enchanted anything in the 5+ years I was on Al'Kabor...... should an enchanted bar not sell for more than an unenchanted one, or something?

14. Elroz

it's not exploiting, if you look at allakhazam's live pricing it's exactly the same. The enchanted version sells for like 4% more than the unenchanted version. There was actually 4 combines that weren't priced correctly here and I reported them to robregen and speedz right away before they could be exploited. Didn't think I'd have to defend myself on something like this but here's links to enchanted and unenchanted JC items:

Platinum Malachite ring (enchanted) = 105p vendor price / http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1682
    Platinum Malachite Ring (unenchanted) = 100p vendor price / http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=49293

Every single JC item follows that same pattern. You lose big chunks of money when you fail combines and you stay even with successful combines.

15. Reiker

Reiker New Member

5K for 250 jewelcrafting is most surely an exploit.

I gave Gigi 3k when he was about 202 skill and he got zero skill ups.

16. krenar

krenar New Member

I dont get how people can call this an exploit, he has lost 5k, if he makes a ring and sells it that combine costs nothing. Gratz elroz!

I only did JC to level 50 or something but it didnt loose me more then 3-4pp. that was it. it seems here combined dont fail that often as well!

ignore the haters, well done!

17. pouky

pouky Active Member

OMG .. 5k for 250 skill is perfect possible ... i did it on EQMac before sunset ,, i didnt enchant stuff to get more money returned, i had a million there so i was careless and made higher combines, and it still didnt cost me more as 7500 a 8k .... so 5k is perfect possible ..

Anyway , Big gratz for your hard work Elroz ! Well done !

Don't accuse people if you just assume things lol . .. pathetic
    My experience is based on facts !

hugs,

Pouky

18. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

We'll see, logs are being combed.

19. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

*shudder*
    "Welcome to NBC Night News, I'm Brian Williams. Our top story tonight is the suspicion of an "exploit" being potentially used right this very minute in an EQ server by a toon reportedly going by the name of "Elroz". He is wanted for this reported exploit, but as of this time no charges have been filed. Logs are being combed over, much like 85-year old men's hairdos, so rest assured the truth WILL be discovered. Please rest easy, good people, just rest easy."
    :roll:

20. Reiker

Reiker New Member

What's being assumed? He admitted it.

If getting 250 Jewelcrafting on AK was possible with 5k (I doubt it) it's still irrelevant. If it takes someone 50k on this server and another guy 5k because he was getting too much for certain resales, that's a problem.

21. Elroz

i think this is the first time I've successfully been trolled, congrats on that.. and good night!

22. Numb287

Numb287 New Member

Maybe some people are still bitter about Kithicor ;)

23. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

Please view:
    viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2305

24. Smackage

Smackage New Member

Elroz did tell me as soon as he know of the exploit same as on p99. Said he had reported it and wasn't make any use of it bar the combines he had to do for the skills where it was needed. Think he has done everything he could do correctly

25. Mipa

Mipa New Member

Congratz Elroz!

26. Suriinya

Suriinya Well-Known Member

Speaking as someone who was a 250 Jewelcrafter on AK, I can attest that it cost me around 4-5K plat there as well. Also, I discovered early in my JC career on AK that if you enchant the bars before you make combine attempts, the result from a success DOES sell back to the vendor for a higher price than the unenchanted version.

Does this give Enchantresses a slight advantage at Jewelcrafting? Do I need to remind everyone that Enchantresses have AAs specifically FOR JC? It looks like it's exactly as designed, and mirrors my experience on Al'Kabor.

It's sad how people who don't have any experience in a subject can jump to conclusions and call foul when the truth is they don't understand at all.

27. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

My opinion

I believe that in general, we do not get enough fails in trade-skilling on this server. ( I did the Aide Grimel on Al'Kabor )

In alpha, successes were probably too low. See
    viewtopic.php?f=33&t=144

Possibly successes got adjusted a bit too high.

So, I could see a combination of low fail rate, and being able to sell back enchanted jewelry for higher than your cost = 250 Jewelcraft.

28. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

From my experience thus far on this server, I would argue the opposite Neea.

I have had a ton of fails in TS, though I haven't done a huge amount of Tradeskilling on this server yet. I did hit 250 in all 7 on Al'Kabor, I don't recall failing that much early on doing Jewelcrafting. I'm sure I could double check my logs though.

29. Lance Henriksen

Lance Henriksen New Member

Re: My opinion

People have said that enchanted jewelry sells back for more than non-enchanted jewelry, I don't think anyone's said it sells back for than it's cost.

30. Circe

Circe New Member

As I remember from GMing jewelcraft on Al'Kabor, you *could* turn a small profit if you were willing to take the time to enchant platinum bars before doing the combines.

It never remotely occurred to me that this was any kind of exploit ... Given the number of combines required for skillups, you had to have a very high boredom threshhold indeed to cast the spell over and over until the mana bar was empty and med back the mana, and repeat, before actually making the attempts. And of course you can still fail the attempt, which loses you a huge amount of cash.

Wasn't there a tinkering combine where the result sold for more than the cost of the combined ingredients? But I still don't think it was in any sense easy money. The expenditure in time and boredom must have been at least comparable to the difficulty/challenge of farming hill giants, say.