11-1-2017

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Nov 1, 2017.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Cavedude

* Removed numhits as the spell data and Lucy history suggests no spells in our era used it.
    * Removed some unused columns from out buff struct.
    * Added a IsGroupSpell() check to CheckSpellLevelRestriction() when a clicky is used.
    * Moved the combat zone check to the end of the spell casting phase.
    * Clickies will no longer check spell level restrictions.
    * AE spells with AEDuration set will now do a second range check at the end of the cast.
    * Pacify will now always land on NPCs assuming all other spell checks are met. If the NPC is immune, the buff will simply have no effect.
    * Applying spell effects and bonuses are now done after the second spell action packet is sent. The method was split into two, AssignBuffSlot() which is still done in the same spot, and SpellEffect() which was moved to the end of the SpellOnTarget() method.
    * Due to the above change, the Lua method SpellEffect() has been removed.
    * Removed several redudant bonus calculations done while a spell is cast.
    * Spells will now only check level restrictions at the beginning of the cast.
    * Fixed the issue causing the greed field of the trainer packet to be reversed. Training costs will now go down as your CHA goes up.
    * Removed the "Invalid spell proc" message that occured with weapons that have an invalid proc id.
    * Added eq.get_timer("name"); method to Lua which returns how much time in milliseconds the given timer has left. If the timer doesn't exist this will return 0.
    Torven
    * Harm Touch now has precise damage scaling: 1 + level * 10, with an additional bonus of (level - 40) * 20 (max 400) after level 40. (this is an increase over previous scaling for SKs above level 50)
    * NPCs now use the same HT as PCs and do the same increased scaling damage.
    * Harm Touch was previously using the disease version for all HTs after level 40 and now properly uses MR for non-disc HT and disease for disc HT.
    * Unholy Aura discipline now always increases damage by 50%.
    * Wizard innate crit damage is now a random 1-50%, down from 20-70%.
    * Spells cast (not weapon procs yet, that's next patch) from items now do full hate if the spell is available to the class of the item holder.
    * Bash without a shield now does 6 hate, which is far less than before.
    * Bash hate with a shield is now equal to the shield's AC and is capped at 25.
    * NPCs granted the ability to stun players for 3 seconds when the player is facing away from the NPC and the player is running or walking. This chance is 10% on hit.
    * Shadowknight, Paladin and Ranger NPCs will now cast spells at a much reduced rate.
    * Cleric, Shaman and Druid NPCs will now cast spells at a slightly reduced rate.
    * NPCs will no longer cast AoE spells unless they have multiple targets to hit with it.

Database:
    Robregen

* Brother Q and Z should now drop their items at the correct drop rate.
    Torven
    * The magician epic pet's proc rate has been reduced down to the correct rate. (10%)
    * The warrior Aggressive discipline now lasts the full 30 ticks. It was previously only working for 10 ticks.
    * The warrior Aggressive discipline now increases damage done by 30%, down from 35%.
    * The warrior Aggressive discipline now increases damage taken by 30%, up from 15%.
    * Wizard innate crit rate is now 2%, down from 7%.
    * The Herald of Vulak`Aerr now has a precisely accurate min and max hit, which is significantly higher than previous.
    * The Herald of Vulak`Aerr's attack delay was increased.
    * hole: The common MR level in the zone is now 80 MR, up from 70.
    * hole: Rock golem MR reduced to 80, down from 100.

Lyrina likes this.
  2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

So we actually have to pay attention through the final wave of Vulak ring. This sounds fun!

3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

What was the epic proc rate?

4. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Darchon: His attack delay was also increased, so while the damage may be spikier, average damage probably won't be too dissimilar.

Faults: way too high

5. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Epic pet rate feels correct

Got numbers from AK or just magician hate?

Dane and Hove! like this.
  6. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Aren't wizards supposed to have a higher innate crit rate than other classes? Is that the 2%? There was a post floating around on the eqclassic boards with patch notes that read as such:

http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=702

While 7% seems high, 2% seems punishingly low.

7. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Someone on AK actually pulled the innate crit chance directly from the client, and it's (((INT + DEX ) / 2 ) + 32 ) / 10000, with INT and DEX both capped at 255. So with maximum INT and DEX, the chance should be 2.87%.

Elrontaur and ingwit like this.
  8. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I summon pets to test lots of combat related mechanics and noticed that the proc rate was rather insane. I understand that you're trolling, but I don't hate any class, that's silly. I used to play mages a lot actually anyway.

Although making me think about this again made me realize that I made an error in my calculations. I'm going to bump it up to 15%. It was 35% before I modified it. I have a log from somebody who had other's hits on in a raid with an epic pet, so I can snip pieces of it and do searches and line counts and do some math to get estimates.

Thanks for this. I'll implement this in my already large pending commit immediately.

Ravenwing, Elrontaur and Draeko like this.
  9. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Wasn't trollin, but thanks for the answer

10. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Did archery hate get fixed again after projectile code was updated?

Trollololol

Love u

11. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

after patch some chars aren't getting rez effects, if you want to check that out

12. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Haynar did the projectile stuff, but since I'm in the middle of refactoring the combat code, I'll take a look at it

Lenas likes this.
  13. Amirite

Amirite Well-Known Member

I believe the cause was a cleric was casting death pact on everyone who was just rezed, it removed the effect (not sure if it should)

14. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

HAX

15. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

We greatly appreciate all you and the other devs do, Torven. Just wanted to say that again.

16. Aleatha

Aleatha Member

Can you elaborate on this? Obviously you can't summon pets from live to test because pets are way different there than any older expansion. Just wondering if this was actually based on data from AK or just "oh this is insane".

17. Aleatha

Aleatha Member

Since I cant edit my post for some reason I reread your post and saw you did use AK data. That was what I was wondering. Not sure how I missed it first time.

18. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

I'll look at that.

19. necra

necra People Like Me

is this definitely AKurate?, so far in KC pulling small trains of up to 10 mobs i have ended up stun locked multiple times, this also happened in pofear with our pullers, i don't remember being chain stunned in place on AK, i could be wrong but this one just feels wrong to me.

Nilduz likes this.
  20. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

ya is have the same feeling that those 3 sec is way off... i remember doing trains on AK aswell never experienced stun locks either

21. Bornex

Bornex Member

Hmm as a druid on alkabor i massed pulled all the time, used instant evacuation to clear argo , places like up, fear, maiden act. Id get beat on lots but was idea way to clear a path so another peep could pull the target, seldom ever stunned, took some ht's now and then in up , giants were a different story they did stun now and then but not often in keel, certainly no 3 second stun. worked pretty much same way on live as well, id pull whole zone doubling back on lost mobs getting beat on, never stunned.

22. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

23. Bornex

Bornex Member

yea and sandi would pull the whole island of wolves in iceland never stunned, this change for change dont make sense i realize the developers have a hard job, but this is why im not playing here atm, i was in CS with my 3 peeps, pulling lb and about 20% db mobs, 7 percent xp on 8x5 mobs thats 40 mobs, 2 hours work, thats not right as bornex i pulled lb and db mobs in maiden beside zoning all the time to level boxes, never was like that, and maybe you logs do show those stuns dont know, but its wrong, any druid will tell you that that played a long time on alkabor

24. gardnerjens

i just tested some pbaoe pulls in the Hole, its still very doable. though i didnt experience those stuns that often.. So i can live with it, to me it seems okay that the risk of running thru the train is there now. wheres before you could do it easily. But i still think 3 sec is too much id say 2 sec more likely

25. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I don't really see much room for argument with the logs Torven posted above.

For what it's worth, though, I do remember that pulling huge trains in Droga on my level 65 enchanter could be dangerous if I let the mobs catch up to me. Since I could cast a 1500 point rune instantly, the only really plausible way that's true is if mobs stun me a lot.

26. gardnerjens

Well you could argu that we need to be 100% sure how the log files store Time, lets say its incremental and rounds up everything. that way a 2.5 sec will allways be 3 sec

27. gardnerjens

okay when casting a 1.5 cast time spell it shows at 1 sec in log
    so could posibly be over 3 sec then sorry Torven.. :)

28. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Do any of the logs show chain stuns? I see the logs you posted have stuns, but do any of them have stuns to stuns to stuns to stuns? I remember a flee stun but this is a bit much, as if there was some sort of hidden immunity that you could only be fleestunned so often?

I was just stunned for about 45s by 3 seahorses in CS - could be unlucky, but something feels about off about the chain nature of the stuns, not the stun itself.

29. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

If you mean "could you be stunned for longer than 3 seconds if a second stun landed before the first expired," I think the answer is no. I don't think there was any mechanism by which mobs could "chain stun" players.

If you mean "can you be stunned by the very next hit when the old stun wears off," I'd imagine so. That happens in Torven's log:

[Tue Feb 05 03:28:02 2013] You are unstunned.
    [Tue Feb 05 03:28:02 2013] You are stunned!

30. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Yes, stuns aren't supposed to land while you're stunned-- there should be at least one hit between every stun. If this is ever not the case, please show me a log.