11-1-2017

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I did do pulls on Live. Scroll up and you'll see a video of one of them. The difference between TAKP and AK is here, you don't have run3. I did AoE pulls on TAKP too, and I made sure to have SoW on for them. I still had to go fetch mobs 2-3 times per AoE burn because pulling more than a dozen was far too dangerous. (I did have shit for gear though)

I wrote the code to calculate velocity just for the flee stuns. All I did was track position change and divide it by time, which is why getting summoned causes a split second period of time where the server thinks that you're moving. We still don't have the packets 100% decoded so I couldn't do it the proper way, and that's beyond my expertise.

I posted the data in this thread, so you can play with the numbers as you like. Demonstar's data also came up with ~12%. Currently it's 10% here.

I took the AK log snips of my being stunned and removed some of the non-relevant text. I urge you all to take a look at it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iN650fw4-rn83BlazaFAzoo1zcFWe-ac

Go look at how many hits it took between stuns. The more I look at this, the more I think 12% is accurate.

2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I don't have run 3 on live either. Its just a forage bot mostly. Something does not line up. Its not ruining the game or anything but it isn't replicating the experience either. We're closer but not to the whole cigar.

3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Some factor in the environment/character/statistics isn't being displayed in the text file alone. Something is off.

4. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Here's another video I just made on Live: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZugtwSx8aCQgg3lQEQOGKQJfNDVLqwcC

Level 65 warrior with max skills and no AAs vs. 4 Maiden's Eye mobs that I SoWed. That was the first and only 2 minutes of video I took, no cherry picking.

Note that one of them was casting some spells, and one stun was resisted at the end.

5. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Is there anyway you can repeat the same video on TAKP and you tell me if you feel like those 2 mins of 4 mobs gives you the same results. I have no doubt live is functioning correctly.

6. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

It looks more like kicks stunning, rather than any melee hit.

7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Here, I even side-by-sided it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NmlUWARYqHxc9Zd_cyEjh6uypJM0-lOm

Note that I didn't parse their attack rates, which may be different (doubt it's by much if it is). Also the TAKP warrior has less avoidance due to smaller skill caps.

Bash/kick stuns are rare when the level gap is wide. These mobs are in the low 50s or so, so bashes won't stun much.

8. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I guess it would have been better to ask if you just stopped, with them behind, what stun rate was.

I will try to get on eqlive and do some parses, to back up torven on this. See if I can refine method in code for moving away (and facing away).

H

9. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I also have an Ogre I can test with, to see any impact on stun immunity.

10. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Thank you- also appreciate the side by side on same screen - makes for easier comparison.

11. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Bash/kick stun chance is 45% (or 40% for >level 60s) modified by levelDifference * levelDifference / 2, with a minimum of 2% chance. I parsed this a long time ago. (incidentally that's the same reduction/gain as the resist algorithm) So those NPCs would be bash stunning at 2%.

12. mackal

mackal EQEmu Developer

You can tell they're not bash/kick stuns since they're 3 seconds rather than 2 (well, I only counted a few in the video and they were 3)

13. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Mackal/Demonstar, Cavedude and Haynar came up with a flawless solution to check for forward movement, so next patch will not have the reduction to 5%. I am however content to leave it at 10% because mobs hit through walls here and the pathing is generally superior so it's harder to lose NPCs. The issue with stuns after summons is gone, and no flee stuns are possible unless you're holding the forward key, so purely lateral strafes and backpedaling won't cause them under any condition.

I'd also like to point out that in PoP, warriors got a stun resist AA, (which is 75%) so that's another reason why people may not remember these being as common.

Mokli, Pithy, Nilduz and 2 others like this.