1-6-2023 (anniversary hotfix)

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jan 6, 2023.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

added Silver Sword of Ralos to more various Named
    adjusted drop rate on multipled spawn of the same Named.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    Ripwind, showstring and Radda like this.
  2. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

So new additions - not changes to drop rate for existing named, correct?

Looking forward to hunting down some more mobs!

3. Azzno

Azzno Member

adjusted drop rate on multipled spawn of the same Named. what does this mean?

4. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

some of the long respawn stuff had drop rate for event weapons increased to 100%

Ripwind and Smudge like this.
  5. giantfortt

giantfortt Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the effort being put into these anniversary events!

I feel a little silly for mentioning this, since I started playing here after he passed away and I never had a chance to meet him -- so it's not really my place. But seeing all the Chicken Rings being awarded has made me think of Speedz and his family. I've noticed that since the illusion patch a month or two ago, his swords aren't displaying for me? Using Classic and Luclin models:

It could just be some settings on my end...

But if not, I wanted to bring it up since I figure we want to keep the flames lit for him both in spirit and pixels :)

Neealana and pakman like this.
  6. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Turn on your particle effects ;)

giantfortt likes this.
  7. giantfortt

giantfortt Well-Known Member

:D LOL. I play with all my spell particles on (enjoy the MGB sparkles) and my eqclient.ini has been Read Only for months, so not sure when/how it was changed on my end. Modifying "Other Particles" to High brought the flames back. I got sad running by him and only seeing the handles!

Radda likes this.
  8. Radda

Radda People Like Me

you have to have the [other particles] - Density on High

9. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

10. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

fixed Gullenback spawns on anniversary. there was 2 variant of Gullenback making it much more common and the weapon dropped on those 2. It was made to drop only on a rare version.

Mokli and showstring like this.
  11. Azzno

Azzno Member

I was one of the ones camping gullerback. If you are looking for feedback Rob, we had a blast getting swords at that camp. We got no guise, but probably the most fun I have had during any years event. Working together as a team and getting drops and getting all hyped up together.

12. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

This sounds similar to the Langseax quest cooperation that went on in the infancy of the previous year's anniversary event. I was a part of that and had an absolute blast, however the problem lies in that camp devaluing the rest of the event camps as they would be quite bad value propositions for your time. The langseax quest was at least nice in that the only limiting factor to being able to do it effectively was transportation. Not sure how many people could be doing gullerback at once, but langseax was scalable.