1-30-2016 (hotfix)

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I 3 box regularly and don't often have disconnects. Did have one CTD on a box while sitting at raid.

OSX El Capitan, using wifi, no VPN, apple time capsule router, motorola surfboard modem.

2. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

i almost never crash now a days on my macbooks #niceworktakpteam

3. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

I three box on a PC (Intel Core i5-3470@3,20 GHz, 8M RAM, NVIDIA GFORCE GTX 660), WIFI, Router in de House is AVM Fritzbox 6490, which is considered a reliable cable modem here. Without VPN, I can boot to character select, but very often never enter the world. With VPN, it works fine (mostly),
    I used a network LAN cable to make sure it is not the WIFI, it became somewhat more stable, but didn't help against the LD while zoning - I will try to install cable next week.

The funny thing is, I use another PC in the cellar sometimes, much older and with less power, and the performancxe is lower, but the LDs while raiding are pretty much the same. Both PCs use Windows 10.

Yesterday one of my accounts went LD most of the time, when I left one out, it became better with the remaining two accounts.
    I have not used your new dll since I cannot find it on the Wiki - where can it be downloaded?

4. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Quoting myself, bad form I guess. Anyway, I found the download link in another post, here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uj4hwof9xk7znbl/eqgame.dll?dl=0. I saved the old dlls (I have three folders of EQMAC, one for each account) and pasted the new dll - we will see how it works!

5. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Ok, I used your latest dll and it helped. Not perfect by any means, but today on Trak raid, only had 1 LD during 1 hour, so it is a huge improvment, And, the network bars look much better, faster connection, less spikes and over the day, only on emore crash, but I think that is WIndows related (I get a Windows exception then).

6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I think the big thing that a VPN will do is eliminate many issues on their local network, from needing ports triggered or a buggy modem/router since the router and modem will just pass all VPN traffic (if allowed) to the VPN server on the internet. It also elliminates any filtering that an ISP might do as well that could be causing a problem.

When I first started on this server, the LD's were bad until I triggered my ports that TAK needs. Since then, its been pretty stable, even through this past week's issues. So, for me it was an ISP/modem/router issue, nothing on TAK's end.

I think a TAK bug here or there might exacerbate the issue for some, while other's equipment/ISP don't have an issue with said bugs.