1-30-2016 (hotfix)

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jan 30, 2016.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Haynar

* Teleport door fix.
    * Made Z adjustments for fixed size dragons. This will help prevent them from hopping while moving or falling below the world.
    * Fixed some spell interrupts which were incorrectly triggering spell gem cooldowns.
    * Netcode Update.

Database:
    Robregen

* removed Tarnished and Fine Steel conversion recipe
    * celestrial essence recipe changed to use appropiate container and skill for the era.
    * herald Telcha in Chardok should no longer aggro.
    * added burn wood staff to other golem loottable in Chardok that were missing it.

Script:
    Robregen

* Fixed the enchanter epic script in Kaesora for Freed Soul to AE upon death.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  2. vannari

vannari Well-Known Member

Regarding the networking/stability: I have had 1 client lockup on zoning, and several desyncs on zoning where I zone with all 3 clients, and they all make it but one of them doesn't show up in group and can't be targetted by anyone, so I have to relog him to fix it. This might not seem unsual for most people but for me this has never happened in all the time I've been playing on the server. I almost never LD or desnyc and never had desyncs on zone before. Makes me wonder if the latest patch or two might have done something to cause that for me.

3. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

If you are using an early version of my dll mods, it had issues zoning. The latest is stable.

vannari likes this.
  4. vannari

Ahh I forgot about that one, I'll try it.

5. vannari

Do you know if that will work with Secrets' latest tweaked client? I don't think that version uses eqw.

6. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I have not tested his version with it. I will try to do that later tonight. It should work though.

H

7. vannari

Ahh cool thanks, I gotta sleep now but I'll try tomorrow. I'll take a backup in case.

8. badfish

badfish Member

I also have seen this type of dysycned group member on zoning and have heard quite a few others mention such an error. Hopefully the updated dll is compatible with secrets client

9. Krieger

Krieger Member

Post patch zoning with three OS X 10.11.3 clients using two different machines results in the "ghost" party member as well.
    It seems like zoning each client separately works better vs. all at the same time.

OS X client zoning lock-ups are also much more frequent now.

10. vannari

I think that updated dll worked for me! I played for a while and only did about 3 or 4 zones but all worked perfectly. So far so good!

11. vannari

Getting some rubber banding with the mobs. It's not 'actual' rubber banding but the mobs (and I think players) sometimes vanish and then appear somewhere else. It is as though location info stops being transmitted for a couple of seconds and it removes the mob/character and then they appear somewhere.

12. vannari

^ Never had it before the patch. Also on a raid the entire raid (or most of it) disappears for a few seconds.

13. vannari

So I tried again today with nothing in the background and still getting hitching and some occasional lag. The strange thing is that a guildy also has the same issue and yet he is on a Mac. It makes me think that the .dll tweak is not to blame and it might be the new patch that did something. I don't remember having these issues after the patch and yet before the dll though, but maybe a combination of both makes the PC client more like the Mac client and that's why we both have the same issue? Either way if you want me to help in any way, let me know. For now I think I might use the old dll for playing and the new dll just for travelling.

14. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

The hitching is not dll related.

Its netcode related. There is another netcode change coming that might fix it.

15. vannari

Ahh cool! Great work.

16. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

same thing happening to me(on mac) just started today, whole client freezes 5-15 secs then catches up, its weird

thx for fixin

17. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

There is another fix gonna patch later. If it doesn't fix the hitching, I have to figure out some new stuff. But thats why they pay me the big bucks!!!

H

surron likes this.
  18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Latest netcode changes patched.

Hoping it fixes the hitching.

I have 3 more different changes I can try. This is not an easy one to test by any means.

H

19. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

im still doing it(locking and unlocking)

20. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

You said you just recently started? When did it start exactly?

Are you on multiple chars on same computer? Wired or wifi?

H

21. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

today, never a problem til now, yes multi and each session is locking randomly, at different times, seems the most when i send stuff to server(/ooc, /gu etc)

22. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

and on the wifis

23. vannari

Still hitching too although it seems a bit better since that hotfix earlier.

24. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

There are some areas on east coast that are experiencing lag and packet loss. I hear its in the DC area. Dunno if its internet causing ur probs since it just recently started.

25. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Srsly I'm no Yankee.

It could be something else on my end as well:

Failing hard drive

Luckily I have plenty of new ones on a shelf behind me to test it out on

26. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I have another fix. I refuse to give up until it works right.

vannari likes this.
  27. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Hard drive test good, but getting system freezes, I'll dig more into it since it's what I'm paid to do ;)

28. vannari

Your patch made it great for me! No more hitching or lag. My frame rate even feels better but not sure about that one. It seems back to pre patch stability for me now.

29. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Back to 10 LDs on Trak raid, Win10, VPN, good connection. For me it got worse then before.

30. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

There is some lag and packet loss to the datacenter from some areas. It may not be patch related. I was there watching track raid for awhile. The LDs seemed minimal.

Are you on wifi? Are you using my new eqgame.dll?

I really cant understand why some people need vpn's. I have not needed one. And have no LD issues.

Maybe there is something else going on for you. What kind of modem you use?

Boxing multiples from same pc? Mac?

H