RIP Pouky

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrontaur, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Dane

Dane People Like Me

I didn't know Pouky very well, but I've heard from many people that he was an amazing person. I hope he is resting in peace. That said, I agree that the memorials shouldn't be in a high traffic area. In addition to the emotions that the memorials may evoke, having them in one of the most popular gathering areas of the central hub city takes away from the authenticity of a server that is replicating AK. Many current players didn't know the deceased players. While I know many who did may want to recall on the nostalgia of seeing old friends, I think it would be more appropriate in an isolated area or room in Plane of Tranquility. Even the zone name Plane of Tranquility seems apropos for a final resting place.

My opinion is given with the upmost respect for any and all of our memorialized former players. It is not based on any personal feelings, but rather what I wish to see (or not see) while playing this extraordinary game.

Tesadar, Slayzz, showstring and 2 others like this.
  2. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Dark bank has basically become unusable to me and I'm sure some others. As much as I miss mafia, elora, jazper and pouky it's too hard having them all right there. Any room around there you enter has one of them and now pouky right out in the open. I highly support the idea of having a secluded space to visit them. I like this not just so it's not a reminder consistently of who we have lost but also so when you do visit them you are able to in peace. Right now if you were to want to visit and reminisce you are doing so in one of the main financial/hang out spots in game. It would be like having a cemetary in the middle of wall street or a mall.

Devour_Souls, showstring and Beaaden like this.
  3. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

There's still that big empty hall in one of the trainer buildings.

Thank you for doing this. I think memorialization is a wonderful way to pay our respects, however the details get sorted.

4. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

the one big building near GD and Shar Vahl Stone in PoK only has 2 trainer in it. Bard and Ranger. Could put them in there.

Tesadar and Tuluvien like this.
  5. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Maybe impossible and too custom-y but there is a stone near sol ro, valor etc that is not in use. Maybe could have a memorial type zone there?

6. robregen

Plane of War is accessible using a PC Client but not the Mac Client. The area in the far north of PoTranquility behind Plane of Disease Entry would be a good spot since it's out of the way and no one ever noticed anything there.

Dane and actualspaide like this.
  7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

One of the empty buildings in POK seems like a nice choice.

On the beach of Plane of Tranquility at the north end of the island would be another option as it’s out of the general traveled way but it would be a nice peaceful place to visit when you want to stop by.

Tesadar, Neealana and showstring like this.
  8. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

+1

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    showstring, Thunderace and Haynar like this.
  9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Another suggestion when/if these NPCs are moved to an area:

Could there be another NPC that stands nearby that explains what these chars are for?

These player-looking NPCs must be very confusing for new players to the server. They immediately appear like some kind of custom quest givers, but they don't respond to hails.
    I would suggest some kind of in-game explanation via a quest-like NPC dialogue that explains these are ex-player tributes, or the like.

10. robregen

that is a good idea. On next server update, They will be moved to almost empty big building in the neutral area of PoK near Shar Vahl and GD Stone. There are total of 6.

When PoP goes live. they will be placed in their final resting area in the north side of Tranquility.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    hurikane, Elroz, Mechaike and 11 others like this.
  11. necra

necra People Like Me

I agree with all that has been said, it brought up so many emotions seeing Pouky back in his spot, I think for 2 weeks it will be a great spot but moving to a dedicated area is for me for the best, it makes me happy but also breaks my heart seeing pouky in his spot.

Slayzz, Oiwon and actualspaide like this.
  12. Merriam

Merriam Member

So I knew Pouk on AK from the day she joined the server. I had been in Destiny for a little bit with my bard, so I was able to gift her young pally a massive dragonclaw shard I had earned on a ffa roll a few days before.

Ak had just gone sub free, so my multiboxxing had coincided with her own dreams of 3 boxxing her team. Every time she logged in she would immediately judge the progress of her team versus mine and it became a fun back and forth all the way to keying for PoP raids.

Im not going to lie, she, along with many other friends was a big plus to logging in everyday. As I played more and more sporadically through the years, whenever I did log in, she always reminded me about that sword I gave her and told me that was reason she joined Destiny. And I always told her "Naw, you would have eventually made it to us. We're family."

I didn't even know I missed you, Pouk, til I logged in just now. Dammit, I wish I could have said goodbye. You belong in the Plane of Honor, my friend. I'm sure you're there.

Bum, actualspaide, Amodeo and 3 others like this.
  13. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Somewhere in PoTranq might be a good place for Pouky. Its a big zone. Somewhere down the beach. Looking out over the ocean.

Slayzz likes this.
  14. Beaaden

Beaaden Active Member

Maybe we could dedicate an area to all who are no longer with us.

Slayzz, actualspaide and bruceh like this.
  15. robregen

looked like you didn't see the post above.

16. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Ya I’m in agreement with all. I think in theory it was a wonderful idea but in practice it has its drawbacks. Not just from a functional standpoint but from an emotional one for many people. I too like the idea of moving them all to some building all together that people can go visit and see them all. And when plane of tranquillity arrives having an area for them to all stand together would be cool

17. Denzal

Denzal Active Member

I learned of this yesterday. Pouky and I went back to AK days and I always enjoyed his company and chatting with him. I knew he was sick, but not to this extreme. Condolences to Destiny and his family, the server lost a truly kind hearted individual.

18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

No bickering in this thread.

Can try to keep it open. But if people get disrespectful. Then will shut it down.

Tiny, Oiwon, lurari and 2 others like this.
  19. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Actually, there is already an EQ Memorial post where a lot of this stuff would probably be better discussed. Just seems a little inappropriate to hash out the details of 'where to stick the toons' on a post where many have and will come to learn of Pouky's passing.

Respectfully,

lurari and Barnd0g like this.
  20. Trisi

Trisi People Like Me

As much as I miss Pouky, it is very hard to see her in my normal "hanging out spot" near the DB. It is equally difficult to see people hugging her constantly throughout the day.
    The only other memorialized player I knew was Jazper. I still go upstairs and visit him regularly to "talk" even though I don't see out in the open. I smile when I go up there and see another person "visiting" with him.
    While it is convenient that Pouky's memorial is so close, I feel those who were close to her and knew her well would make the effort to "visit" wherever her memorial will be.
    I like Haynar and others idea of an out of the way spot on the beach near the water in the Plane of Tranquility. I always found that area to be very peaceful and when I was bored or upset found a few minutes there helpful.

Whatever the developers decide, I'd like to thank them for taking the time and effort to do this for our friend. And another thank you for them taking everyones thoughts and feelings into consideration when making their decision.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  21. hurikane

hurikane Member

RIP

Mascha and Oiwon like this.
  22. Exoslife

Exoslife Member

Rest in Peace Pouky, I will miss your presence.

23. Hyacinth

Hyacinth Active Member

It's funny how you can still miss someone you haven't talked to in 3+ years from a game you no longer play.

This is very sad news to hear. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

Suiddaru, Tesadar, Mascha and 4 others like this.
  24. Otto_Martin

Otto_Martin Member

I am just returning to game. Pouky and I were good friends online. Many of late night chatting and raiding. Once I saw the Pouky memorial I started to cry. Pouky was one of my close friends online and forever holds a place in my gaming history of one of the nicest players I ever got to enjoy a game with.

Forever in our hearts...

Utu~

Mascha, actualspaide, Oiwon and 4 others like this.
  25. vannari

vannari Well-Known Member

Very sad to read that. Pouky was a good soul, and kind player.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Tesadar, Mascha, Bum and 2 others like this.
  26. Mitya

Mitya Well-Known Member

I've been away for a long while - I had no idea, this is insane. Pouky had helped buff me so many times... my sincerest condolences.

Mascha and Oiwon like this.
  27. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

I've clearly been away too long... so sad to hear of Pouky's passing. I'm at a loss for words.

Mascha, Oiwon and actualspaide like this.
  28. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Go find Pouks in pok and give her a hail, shes got something for you!

Tesadar and Mascha like this.
  29. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

Omg. How did i miss this? I was only logged in not long ago talking to him. He really was an amazing person.
    Im really sad about this. Whats up with our beloved members passing away here? :(
    Pouks and I had many an adventure on old ak and new. How many times did we explore very dangerous places together and get into trouble. He would always managed to get us out safely somehow. And he also always buffed me when he was passed in or sitting in his spot at the bank in pok.
    Deeply saddened by this. Jeez.
    Rip pouks. You will be missed always. :(

30. Suiddaru

Suiddaru Member

just returned from the wastes I entered when the real AK closed. Heartbroken to hear Jazper and Pouks are gone. Met Mafiaa in RL a couple times too. Just... bleh.

Thankyou for the memorial. Long live destiny. :( *hugs* to you all

Oiwon, actualspaide, Tesadar and 5 others like this.