Assistance Requested: Raid Boss Respawn Times

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torven, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Respawn times on EQLive for many raid bosses are much shorter than they were on Al'Kabor. It seems SOE went around and halved the respawn times for various things, like Temple of Veeshan. (from 7 day to 3.5 day spawns; I assume they changed that after PoP?) So Allakhazam's list of respawn times is sort of useless.

Since Al'Kaborians would be the best people to ask, I'm asking: if you know with a high degree of certainty what a raid mob's respawn time is, (both after kills and after reboots) please post here. I will record this info in my spreadsheet.

Thanks

2. Esildor

Esildor Member

Unfortunately I threw away my spreadsheet that tracked respawns -- I'll look around through my PC's though, might have something listing their respawns.

I know for a certainty Cursed event was 6 days on AK, but, many knew that one.

3. layonhands

layonhands Active Member

General respawns for PoP gods were 3-3.5 days

4. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

VT was a server reboot pop, as well as VP. The euro crews always got first pick.

All of Luclin 24hr variance minus VT.

All Velious had a 24 hr variance

PoP had a 24 hr variance as well on bosses

Ring events were server up....ie Bertoxx, Saryrn

Fear/Hate/CT ring- 24 hr variance on bosses

Fear golems were also on variance

5. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

6. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

There ya go for AK....this was not classic EQ timers....so use those!

7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I already have that page saved to my disk; it was copy and pasted from a steel warrior post written in 2003. It's also very far from complete and may have errors.

AK players have been killing these things for 10 years so you guys would know better than anybody. I've seen enough completely wrong posts on Allakhazam to know that old posts aren't gospel and that multiple sources of information are preferable.

8. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Five days on old/offnight/farm targets - basically all the juicy Velious and Lucin mobs - Doze, Sleeper's, KT, AoW, Yeli, LiS, Cursed, Emp, VT. 3 days in the EP's, as well as most other PoP targets. Zlandicar, another popular target (custom helms made a great haste item), I don't recall.

I never paid too close attention to the variance - it seemed weighted much more towards the end of the scale than something truly random. Most seemed to be +/- 12 hours.

9. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Some of the numbers on that page make me question the accuracy.

1-3 day spawn after server boot for Sont? 3 days is longer than Sont's listed respawn time of 2 days. It also lists KT at 7 days, not 5, and Kland and Zland at 3-6 days, which is a very wide variance.

10. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

The above was live spawn variances, Sont was notorious at taking days to pop after reset.....but I doubt it was up to 3....more like 0-48 hrs. The 7 days on the big bosses were the live spawn timers......and EQmac was for sure different....coming later to EQMAC I had to relearn spawn timers.

11. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

VT was all 5.5 days iirc except the TVX's which were 3 days. Emperor was 7 with a 24 hour window.

12. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

The mobs all have a fixed and variable component if you think about it. For some, the variable is 0. For others the fixed is 0 and it is all variable. Most of the raid mobs had either a 5 or 6 day fixed timer plus a 0-24 hr variable component.

To my knowledge, SSRA, Seru, and VT were all a 6 + 0-24 hrs. UP was a 3-day fixed. Rhag 1 was a 3-day.

Mobs with no variable components tended to be up immediately upon reset. Mobs with a variable component will first spawn after that random period is over.

13. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

one thing that we had discussed about within the team is the instant spawn at server reset. To me, it's an unfair advantages since certain guild at certain time would be ready to knock it out at server reset so it's always predicable. Not sure we want to have that for this server, but I would leave that up to the rest of the team and the community.

Mambo likes this.
  14. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Ok, this thread is already a good example of the problem I having with this.

Take VT for example:

We have one person who claims VT is 5 days, another 5.5 days with some being 3 days, another still says 6-7 days, that pathfinders page says '~6.5 days' and instant spawns on boot, and Allakhazam says 6.5-7.5 days for 'all spawns'.

One person says VT has no respawn variance, most others say it does. Note that first/boot spawn variance and respawn variance are different things.

15. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

I would be for a variable +-24 hour on all bosses...this way there is a random chance for guilds to have a chance at mobs and tracking would be an important piece such as it was on EQMac. This it would simplify things for devs as well. There were very few mobs that had the instant pop anyhow....and these were a blemish for eq....because the same guilds could camp the same mobs at the same times every week since they knew exact times of death.

Mambo likes this.
  16. Lyrad

Lyrad Member

+1

17. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

If you want to think of it in +/- terms, then 12 and not 24. A number of encounters could be messed up at 24. In VT (how I dread that place), you would have a major problem with warders i think if some mobs were spawning closer to 5 days and others at 7.

In code terms though, hence how I wrote it up before. It's really fixed days + variable hours. Easier on the logic.

I think that is what leads to what appear to be the contradictions. Some posted as a minimum (e.g., 6) others the max. (e.g., 7) while others just took the midpoint (guess).

18. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

VT would be fine....just don't touch the place until it was full pop.

19. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Wing mobs, I believe, were 3 days. They didn't have warders, so were skipped a lot. They were also not part of the server rotation. Zamiel or anyone from his crew might know best - they farmed them extensively (I believe a combination of short respawn + FiF + everyone else left them alone = juicy!).

There were some occasional times where we got in 3 rounds of VT in a single reset period, but this was rare. It could have been done more, as it was more a lack of motivation than waiting for proper luck on the spawns - I don't think any of them were more than 7 days.

20. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Is the allakabor info insufficient? I thought all this stuff was on there

21. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Allakabor was never accurate. Its data was imported from from project EQ, which was/is full of made up numbers.

22. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

If by wing mobs you mean TVX's they were 3 days, and the only 3 day spawn in VT. DXX/DXV/DXXT/DXVT/TVK and the rest of the acronym/blob level army were 5.5 days on AK. On fippy/live they were 5 days with a 12 hour window. On AK for whatever reason the variance in VT was off and could almost be counted on to the minute. Thats why in a 2 week period if you killed everything on the first day (since VT has always been a full repop on server up) you could get 3 spawns worth, if you stayed on top of it.

23. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Pras Faults.

That is all.

24. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Faults knows his VT and Allakhazam comments also claim 3 days for TVKs so I will use his claim, thanks.

Now can anybody bring some certainty to ToV variances? ST?

25. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

Tov variance and ST variance was 100% 24 hours. We did a pile of Velious on EQMAC....and the night of patch would have some mobs up...many not.......one night we were sitting in Dagarns cubby pulling drakes when he spawned......it hurt. The same goes for the named flurry drakes...they have a 24 hour timer as well.

26. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Could you be more specific please. Is that after server up variance or respawn variance or both? I know NToV is about 7 days, but is it 6-7, 6.5-7.5, or 7-8?

27. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

Ohh gotcha, from server up it is up to +24 hours .....once dead the mob will respawn 6 days+ up to 24 hours after death....so a max of 7 days after death.

28. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

Some friends and I left a wizzie to eyeball HoT for the better part of a year. The nameds could re-appear in as little as 5 days. People who camped these often knew about the potential for an early spawn, making it tough on anyone who waited 6 days. So fixed is 5 days afaik. The variable was at least 24 hours, it could have been even longer. But it was hard for me to ever know for sure with how many others were camping.

29. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

So it sounds like 6+-24 for TOV

30. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I've been tracking some spawn timers on EQLive and I noticed that EP mobs seemed to be 2.5-3.5 days, not 3-3.5. Was AK for sure 3-3.5?