Discovered weapons so far on NPC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robregen, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

Why not Jelquar? Previous good weapon dropper.

2. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I got him once or twice last year and nada. He's tough because you essentially need two toons to lock down PH's.

3. dalidali

dalidali Member

I spent a bunch of time in Velk today killing all the nameds in n' around the castle. Nada. I wish there was a mechanic so the first time a weapon dropper dies they have a 100% chance of dropping a weapon then it can go back to normal drop rate %. Spawning rares in weird places you've never been is pretty fun but with no idea if you should keep doing it or not to test RNG it can be hard to convince yourself to set up there for a day.

FYI the PoGrowth one is Prince Thirneg - tip of the cap to whoever kills him! I hope drop rate is 100%

pivoo and Break like this.
  4. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

It would be nice if there were 100% chance of some kind of sword dropping, even if it's mostly Negerbor swords, just so people know if they've identified a dropper. In lieu of 100% sword rate, even a small token that can't be turned in would be nice and help fuel the adventure/discovery.

Break likes this.
  5. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

Was Koxiux one of the ones nerfed? His drop rate has been abysmal.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  6. RedFerno

RedFerno Member

Was that a confirmed weapon dropper? Rob mention that Stonebrunt hasn't been found.
    48 PH killed - 5 Jelquar slayed - 0 swords ... might do one more session for the glory but it's NOT worth the time investment...

Manstache likes this.
  7. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

Under the old system yes.

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse. Sounds like he's got nada now.

A+ for effort!

8. hemper

hemper New Member

Well after a few hours busting around Sirens I have killed every named on the list but no swords yet, will keep trying!

9. dalidali

dalidali Member

I found the one in Netherbian's Lair: The Trog King! dropped a Rob sword as well as a soiled breechclout (i.e. a dirty loin cloth). 25% chance of spawn on a 20m timer. Not bad.

Elroz, Pithy and pivoo like this.
  10. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

2/3 Stomples dropped a sword of ralos. 1x 10 dose fob port potion, 1x Guise of the Deceiver. I'm not sad.

But I do keep thinking, "there goes my `a white crown` RNG."

Break, Kithani, Pithy and 2 others like this.
  11. dalidali

dalidali Member

Nice! Congrats. Any excuse to spend more time in PoM is a win too. I'd trade you a white crown for the Guise if possible lol.

12. dalidali

dalidali Member

Found the Grimling one: Zorle blade from Overseer Gnerpokkel.

Mechaike and Frosst like this.
  13. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Found a Silver Sword of Ralos on the Brood Master. I bet Brood Mother drops it too. But they are tough ones to get to pop. I remember camping the Crystal Chitin Pants and BP from these two a few years ago. It's definitely a slog!

Mechaike likes this.
  14. dalidali

dalidali Member

The Brood Master was already on the list from last year. I assume there's a second one in Velketor from Rob's list this year which is why I was trying for the castle mobs. Maybe it is Brood Mother?

15. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

I bet it’s lord bob.

16. S9Forever

S9Forever Member

Ripwind, hemper and Elroz like this.
  17. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

I like it. Except both Stomples and Brood Master were listed from last year (I missed seeing Brood Master on the list), and I don't deserve credit for Prince Thirneg either : )

18. dalidali

dalidali Member

I only mentioned Prince Thirneg because it seemed obvious based on Elroz's hint of "phat lewts" from last year. I'm not sure if someone has actually killed him and looted a blade yet although I am certain it would be a Ralos one.

Here are my guesses based on my own and my guildies deductions and failed attempts for the remaining zones if anyone wants to venture out for those kills (or suggest their own):

Stonebrunt - ???
    Rathe's Mountain - Grazhak the Berserker or Mortificator Syythrak
    Plane of Disease - Rankle
    Velketor - Lord Bob
    Western Waste - Icehackle
    Siren's Grotto - ???
    Karnor's Castle - ???
    Plane of Growth - Prince Thirneg
    Plane of Innovation - Junk Beast
    Hole - Retseth Tretse

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  19. Break

Break People Like Me

I helped with a Lord Bob kill last year, and he did not drop a sword. He could still be a dropper, and we were unlucky.

20. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

for tomorrow's patch / reset. We will add 5 to each tiers meaning 5 Negerbor, 5 Zorle, and 5 Rolas to mobs throughout the zones. so more for scavager huntings.

Break, giantfortt, pivoo and 4 others like this.
  21. hemper

hemper New Member

Cool! On my 5th kill, Ulth the Enraged dropped Zorle's sword.. no telling if thats the one from before or a new one, but add it to the list!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  22. dalidali

dalidali Member

Awesome. Thanks Rob! Any hints like if all these 15 are found in zones where a sword hasn't dropped yet? Looking fwd to further scavenging!

23. Domni

Domni Member

Tantor in WW dropped a Zorle - nothing off Icehackle, didn't try Strong Horn

24. Break

Break People Like Me

I know that Strong Horn's horn was a token turn-in prior to the GM swords. He could probably drop one.

25. dalidali

dalidali Member

Most mobs in the event now are not ones that previously dropped weapons for the event in the past. I would guess Tantor is the only one in WW that drops it.

26. Tecmos.Deception

Tecmos.Deception Active Member

[Wed Jan 03 16:00:24 2024] Crystal Eyes has been slain by a crystalline hunter!
    [Wed Jan 03 16:00:50 2024] --You have looted a Negerbor's Blade.--

Ran into a weapon dropped incidentally while getting thread for the WR bag quests.

Elroz and pivoo like this.
  27. Domni

Domni Member

Skeletal captain in KC drops Negerbor's

28. dalidali

dalidali Member

Nice work all! Feel free to add your finds to the wiki: https://wiki.takp.info/index.php/Anniversary_Events#2nd_Year_Anniversary_Event

So remaining ones where we know the zone are (my guesses):

Stonebrunt - ???
    Rathe's Mountain - Grazhak the Berserker or Mortificator Syythrak
    Plane of Disease - Rankle
    Velketor - Lord Bob
    Plane of Growth - Prince Thirneg
    Plane of Innovation - Junk Beast
    Hole - Retseth Tretse

Then there's 15 new ones out there somewhere w/ no hints of where. Not sure if anyone has stumbled onto any of those but kill any Nameds you see up as you run through zones!

29. S9Forever

S9Forever Member

dalidali likes this.
  30. Pugnacious

Pugnacious Member

Hey all, found a Zorle's Greatsword on Vereor Primorus in Griegs End, didn't see that mob listed on the wiki so thought I'd share =)

Ripwind, Sycamore, pivoo and 2 others like this.