The slap in the face that is RMT.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Speedz, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

You're only seeing one side of it, the side where low end players are able to buy high end items, without having to go through the content. I'm not talking about all the trash gear drops, that you see in bazaar every day, I'm talking about items that maybe only 3 or 4 players at any one time on the whole server should be able to get through normal play, because the spawns are so rare or difficult. The other side is that you end up with all the best mobs being perma-camped by players who are farming them for money, excluding everyone else from progressing through that content. That's how it works on the live servers, it's not something that we want here. We come here to get away from that crap.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
    DeadSurvivor likes this.
  2. DeadSurvivor

DeadSurvivor Member

I think it's about lazy players who don't want to put in the time to get the gear they dream of wearing on their characters. This applies to new players who want to skip the line to have what many consider high end gear. For new players, this makes the game easy to level quickly. I wonder if players who get to end-game content quickly, wouldn't they get bored and eventually stop playing?

I don't think there is an issue passing high quality gear to their Alts if they achieved the item(s) with their first or main character. However, new players purchasing gear from websites robs them of the gaming experience Everquest has to offer. Why would anyone play a game they'll eventually quit playing a few months later?

When I play a game, I plan on playing for years, not months but that's just me.

pivoo, Elroz and CTroi like this.
  3. csweatter

csweatter New Member

What about someone like Derubal who used to be a GM and would "allegedly" go on to already banned accounts and steal all their droppables to rmt? Someone said he made around 60k$usd before being caught and banned crazy... I worry about that more then random players trying to rmt

4. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Sounds like p99 drama that should stay on p99.

Palarran, lurari, Braven and 6 others like this.
  5. RossGuy

RossGuy Well-Known Member

Given the large influx of P99 players due to PQ, is there anything being done currently to ensure that there's no RMT going on? (Would suck really bad if a small group of d-bags on PQ get TAKP shut down)

Break likes this.
  6. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Did p99 get shut down for some reason? If not, why would we need to worry about that?

7. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

What bearing does anything done on PQ have on TAKP? This, like almost everything PQ related, needs to GTFO the TAKP forums and discord in my opinion.

Aithne, pivoo, Lyrina and 5 others like this.
  8. RossGuy

This is what the antagonist in every disaster movie says...

9. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

That's misdirection. Is there actually a valid reason for concern, based on any evidence that has been seen anywhere? I'm not dismissing you, I'm just asking the question -- p99 seems to have been solid from an infrastructure perspective for a very very long time.

10. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Hear! hear!!

11. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

I paid gadzooks in erotic master splinter fanfiction to win most of my gear. Does this fall under rmt?

Kithani likes this.
  12. RossGuy

As expected, it looks like PQ is having issues with RMT... Screen Shot 2023-10-25 at 5.39.45 PM.png

Smudge, Cadsuane and Break like this.
  13. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Is that 50 forum accounts or 50 2-3 boxed game accounts on vpns?

Braven likes this.
  14. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

The real question here is - why is the TAKP reaction game so weak?!

Tesadar likes this.
  15. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

because our population and playerbase is small enough that it's been a nonissue, basically. And people who are prone to RMTing aren't attracted to the server.

16. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

i think the comment may be referring to all the emoji discord reactions

RossGuy and lurari like this.
  17. Break

Break People Like Me

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

RossGuy likes this.
  18. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Serious question, though... is there any concern of Project Quarm's RMT-ness affecting TAKP if/when Daybreak catches wind of it? Given that we share a login server and they wouldn't exist without our codebase.

That "punishment" in the screenshot is pretty weak. "You will not be given any warnings! Except that you can freely do it until you get caught and receive a gentle 1-week suspension. But no more after that!"

Tesadar, Radda, Ripwind and 3 others like this.
  19. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

I think it's like the rules at a brothel or crack house. It's a little more lax than a church or school would be, long as you don't piss off the guy in charge.

Manstache and kai4785 like this.
  20. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I don't think we need to worry about their issues much, but they did clarify that the 1 week suspension would be for people talking about RMT'ing, the ban is for anyone who participates in RMT'ing.

Cadsuane likes this.
  21. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

At the same time, p99 has existed with a lot of RMT for a long time and Daybreak didn't seem to care. They even promoted p99 at one point before their PoP TLP's were going.

22. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

I'm fairly sure Daybreak has no idea how much RMT is going on over on the Project 1999 servers and without any actual data from P1999 provided to Daybreak, its all conjecture isn't it? No company in their right mind where they have to protect their intellectual property would endorse RMT without RMT already being endorsed by the company who holds © or ™.

Break likes this.
  23. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I'm pretty sure they don't really care. The Everquest IP is so minuscule in terms of gaming IP's these days. If Everquest was a household name like Starfield or Counterstrike it would be different. They are clearly choosing to ignore the darker aspects of the EQEMU community, so that they get possible player base when some people want to try the official servers. You are talking about a game that not even 50k people play on the live servers. If suddenly there was a rash of internet articles about rampant RMT in the EQEMU world that made some news cycles, then *maybe* they would care and act for public appearance reasons only. Sorry, I don't buy it.