8-16-2023

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Aug 16, 2023.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Solar

* tweak GM train window so it doesn't pop up blank when player has insufficient faction with trainer
    * tweak cancel magic stuff
    * adjusted resistant discipline scaling
    * reworked intimidation/instill doubt (monk/bard/rogue skill)
    * add a missing message when dropping items on the ground
    Torven
    * The attack delay timer is now reset after spell casts for non-hybrid classes. This includes NPCs.
    * NPCs now benefit from hybrid innate spell haste.
    * Archery damage is now a tiny bit more accurate. Non-Trueshot hits should now theoretically be precise.
    Secrets
    * Fix for crashes observed in Client:putLootInInventory and lua command unique_spawn where FixHeading would infinite loop (observed in neriakb on PQ Server)

Database:
    Solar

* Quintessence of Elements book text added
    Elroz
    * Added Clockwork MM in akanon
    * Named in northkarana can now spawn at any location on their pathing grids
    * a gnoll reaver / an undead reaver in eastkarana are day/night spawns now
    * Added "Grimtooth" in northkarana and made korvik/grimtooth a day/night cycle spawn chance.
    * Added "Splintered Claw" in eastkarana, rare night spawn gnoll
    * Added "a spirit stalker" in eastkarana and made it a night spawn
    * Added "a treant" to eastkarana, can spawn at druid rings
    * Added "a griffon" to eastkarana, the only griffon that is on druid/ranger animal faction
    * Added "a cyclops" to eastkarana
    * Added "twisted ajrah treant" to eastkarana, very rare spawn / Luck of Allix quest can be completed now
    * Added "a dread corpse" in misty
    * Added "a goblin worker" in misty
    * Added "a goblin whelp" in misty
    * Added "a piranha" in qcat, fights fish and large piranhas
    * Added "a fire elemental" in erudsxing, there are 2 versions, a low level trash mob and a higher level named version that is larger and drops Flare Stone
    * Added "a vampire bat" in erudsxing, there are 2 versions, a lower level warrior trash mob, and a higher level necromancer version that drops Thin Boned Wand
    * Added "a thought bleeder" in erudsxing, rare spawn that drops level 49 research materials table
    * Added "a skeleton sailor" in erudsxing and made it a night spawn, also added zombie sailors to the roaming night spawn table
    * Added "a thought bleeder" in lavastorm, rare spawn that drops level 49 research materials table
    * Added "a lesser nightmare" in lavastorm, rare spawn
    * Added "a dry bone skeleton" in lakerathe, night spawn
    * Added "a skeleton" in lakerathe, night spawn
    * Added "a brigand" in lakerathe
    * Added "Grodl Ripclaw" in warrens, rare spawn
    * Added "elder spearguard" in iceclad, rare spawn
    * Added "a necro initiate" to befallen
    * Added "a large wisp" to unrest
    * Added "a dark terror" to unrest
    * Added "a werewolf" in kithicor
    * Added "a Krag elder" in butcherblock
    * Added "a faerie guard" in gfaydark
    * Added "A Trog Hunter" in netherbian
    * Added "a savage pinewolf" named in jaggedpine
    * Added "a great kodiak" named in jaggedpine
    * Added "Jerg Oakenfist" named in jaggedpine
    * Added "an ancient treant" named in jaggedpine
    * Added "Lady Fianya" named in jaggedpine
    * Added "Queen Nasheeji" in lfaydark
    * Added "Mina Glimmerwing" in lfaydark
    * Added "Scrounge" in sro
    * Added "Erg Bluntbruiser" in sro
    * Added "a goblin canyoneer" in frontiermtns
    * Added "a goblin headhunter" in frontiermtns
    * Added missing agro/death emotes to most akanon npcs
    *Fixed up level ranges and emotes on Befallen NPC's, the shadowknights will all be the proper levels now (Troll SK was 25, will be 14-16 now, etc.)
    * Reworked the 2nd and 3rd floors in befallen to be much more diverse and accurate spawns, the level progression of the zone will be better as a result.
    * Tweaked the newbie zones factioned trash mobs, level 1-4 rats/snakes won't assist each other anymore, and whiskered bats in qeynos2 won't assist anymore. Higher level rats/bats/snakes will still assist low level ones.
    * Nektulos guards no longer attack piranhas or willowisps
    * Qeynos Hills guards will kill putrid skeletons now
    * Added "Poison" proc to all guktop heart spiders. Fixed "a heart spider" to spawn as 11-15 and the named PH is a level 17/kos version. (instead of all heart spiders spawning 11-17)
    * Added missing Dew Woven cloth armor drops to potemide matriarchs in jaggedpine
    * Fixed Kurrpok and Verish Mal Executioner interactions in paw
    * Fire Beetles can now drop 2 fire beetle eyes instead of 1 max
    * Added ghoul root proc to rancorous ghast in lfaydark
    * willowisp in kithicor will no longer be immune to spells, and instead will be immune to non-magical melee
    * Fixed Rolon Banari spawn in qeynos2 to spawn in a valid location
    * Updated VP dragon faction hits, they are much larger now, and equal to the faction hits of other Kunark RoS dragons.
    * Ice Bone skeletons are now flagged to be immune to non-magical melee damage (like willowisps) and added "icebonefrostburst" spell to the rathe mountains and everfrost versions
    * Slea Pinewhisper in commons will be indifferent to all
    Torven
    * A minimum amount of combat regen granted to all NPCs. This will only be noticeable on extremely low level NPCs.
    * charasis: 'bile sentinel' renamed to 'a bile sentient'.
    * charasis: Acid Etched War Sword added to a bile sentient's loot table.
    * feerrott: 'an alligator' is no longer KoS but guards will not kill them (intentional) and they will spawn less frequently.
    * feerrott: Minor adjustments to spawn diversity in eastern side of zone and roam box region borders.

Script
    Elroz

* Added the ondeath "Clockwork MM" spawns to all the clockwork spider npcs in akanon
    * Added a little missing dialogue and a faction check message on freportn priests
    * Added missing dialogue to avenging caitiff in mistmoore
    * Added the 2 missing frontiermtns goblins to the named cycle script

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
    DubRemix88, Pithy, Frosst and 5 others like this.
  2. Tecmos.Deception

Tecmos.Deception Active Member

I can't wait for NPCs to cast gates and nasty nuke/dots in like 1-2 seconds each :eek:

3. dalidali

dalidali Member

Hybrids don't gate

Break likes this.
  4. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

You guys are also overlooking the fact Torven put a change in that makes casters/priests easier. After they finish casting a spell, their attack delay starts over.

DubRemix88 and Tecmos.Deception like this.
  5. Break

Break People Like Me

Walex and I were having a discussion in Discord regarding this change. We couldn't tell what the message means.

Does this mean that if I'm wielding, say a Darthor great hammer, it will swing immediately after I cast a spell? He's under the impression it means the delay will pause it's countdown during casting. The way it's worded, it could even mean the weapon waits for its full delay after a cast has completed.

6. Elroz

We currently had it where every caster/priest landed their swing directly after a spell casted, this should have only applied to hybrids. The same goes for NPC's as well. I don't think it pauses the countdown during casting, but resets it - Torven knows way more about it than me though. It'll only negatively affect casters/priests that melee a lot. But it makes caster/priest NPC's a bit easier (they won't land a nuke immediately followed with a melee round).

Break likes this.
  7. Break

Break People Like Me

Okay. That makes sense from the way Torven wrote it and your point about "making them easier". I thought you mean easier to play rather than easier to kill. My mistake.

I guess it also makes charm pets of those classes slightly worse as well.

8. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

It's about spell weaving. When a priest for example casts a nuke spell, their melee timer resets when the cast finishes, so they have to wait 2.6 sec if it's a 26 delay weapon before it auto attacks again. For an SK for example, they can cast a DoT and while they're casting their attack timer is running, resulting in a swing immediately after the cast is finished, if the cast time was long enough for that to happen. The distinction is that hybrids don't get this penalty and it makes sense to cast spells while their weapon is on cooldown, that's the hybrid part. For casters, they have better spells and that's their primary focus so they have to ready their weapon again after finishing a spell I guess. If they just chain cast while auto attacking they won't melee much because the swing timer begins when the cast is finished, instead of becoming ready during the cast.

DubRemix88, Cadsuane, Radda and 2 others like this.
  9. Elroz

Oh yeah, easier to kill is what I meant. It's a very small nerf to the players but a pretty large nerf to the NPC's

10. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Ehh i'd say it's a pretty big hit to casters. Kelp hilted mace is the best DPS option for silkies and it has an enormous delay. Now I'll be doing quite a bit less DPS when I chain nuke Insanity.

11. iraxion

iraxion Well-Known Member

Does that only apply when the caster is attacking while casting, i mean, when auto attack is on (or has been on and the weapon is still on cooldown)?
    Not looking for a loophole there, just trying to understand.
    When I idle around, or do something that is not casting, and then start swinging my weapon, it will hit immediately. There is no delay to "ready" it.
    Does that change when I have just cast a spell before?

Break likes this.
  12. solar

Yes basically that's how it works, if you cast a spell then it spends your attack timer as if you just did a melee swing, so you can't weave them unless SHD/PAL/RNG/BST. Bards cast while they melee so it's different there.

13. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

If you turn melee off while casting and manually hit it after spell, you should melee instantly tho right?
    So just requires you to be a pro high apm gamer now?

Cadsuane, Radda and RossGuy like this.
  14. Break

Break People Like Me

I think it runs the routine whether attack was on or not, but I imagine it could be circumvented by switching out weapons really quickly. Seems like a lot of work.

Hotkey setup for every caster if we had a bandolier command:
    /bandolier *fast weapon*
    /cast nuke
    /bandolier *slow weapon*

15. solar

You can't do this turning attack on/off stuff. When you activate auto attack your weapon is still on cooldown after casting the spell.

You guys are thinking of it wrong. Casters regenerate mana while they're on a horse and not attacking, or sitting. Because attacking reduces their mana regeneration and it does inferior damage to casting another spell, they should be spending their time casting spells and not meleeing. Hybrids have to do both to keep up because their damage is split across the two, so if they aren't doing both, they aren't doing the full damage/benefit they're capable of. Of course if you analyze the details, like paladins only having Flame of Light for a nuke, you can see this isn't as simple but that's the overall idea.

iraxion and Break like this.
  16. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

@solar , any particular issues we should watch out for? I drop things to the ground a lot (tradeskill skillups /shakesfist) and don't recall not getting a message.

Now, dropping a forage for example, gets 2 messages.

17. solar

Hmm yea I wasn't sure everywhere it needed to be added, there are like 8 ways to drop items. Thanks for reporting.

18. iraxion

iraxion Well-Known Member

Well yes. On the other hand they do get weapons. :) Those are fashionable and have stats, but also come ready to use with their pointy or blunt ends to hurt the enemy. And procs of course. So if there's nothing else to do at the moment, there's no danger added by meleeing, and it does something significant (or is simply fun), they might as well melee.

(Personally I'm fine with that change, though!)

Played around some. It seems you missed (or intentionally left out?) the case when the spell is interrupted. No additional weapon delay after that.

19. solar

I get what you're saying but the point I was trying to make is that you don't have to melee on a caster unless you want to, and I think that was the intention with this. We're just trying to emulate the Sony game not making up new stuff, and I'm just trying to explain why I think it works this way.

Having this attack timer reset, it frees up casters from having to pick between meditating and meleeing. If they could weave melee and spells, then they would be expected to do both to deal maximum damage, so by not having this ability it means they don't have to use it to keep up. If you play a class that casts buffs, you're expected to buff people, that's why there are classes like SK for people who don't want that, I guess. I'm sorry to the people who got used to playing their casters like a hybrid, but they shouldn't have had to do that in the first place, had this been implemented in eqemu earlier. There are probably many more things like this, they're all minor but important to somebody, that's why we're excited when we can implement another missed thing - it makes the game feel that much more like the real game we're emulating.

Radda, iraxion and Break like this.
  20. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

People play SK's because they want to be awesome. I actually apply my single buff to anyone that needs it.

21. Elroz

I always kept Voice of Thule on Darchon, just to make sure the fights went the way they should.

Palarran, Radda, Aithne and 2 others like this.
  22. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

Whereabouts? Zam says it spawns in the goblin traitor room.

23. Inacht

Inacht People Like Me

@solar

I think this patch has broken hybrid detrimental spell haste for players. I'm noticing my bst slow is taking extra time to land versus yesterday.

24. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I'm guessing you haven't played a caster with a good proc weapon. It is far superior than 'meditating and casting spells' by a long mile.

c'est la vie

Radda likes this.
  25. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

To clarify, the way it worked before and for hybrids still is that the swing timer simply was not touched at all from spell casts. This often resulted in a swing immediately after the spell because spell cast times are lengthy compared to melee hits, but if the spell cast time is short and the weapon delay long then there still could be some delay.

Now when non-hybrids cast a spell of any cast time, the swing timer resets back to full duration at the end of the cast. It's still ideal to start casts immediately after a swing for everybody.

26. Sverder

Sverder Well-Known Member

Casters/priests having swing timer reset was classic EQ mechanics. I'm surprised it wasn't noticed to be incorrectly implemented here before now.

27. Elroz

it's on the named cycle - basically whenever a named goblin spawns, it has a 1 in 11 chance of spawning

28. Elroz

and i just realized the canyoneer was a droga spawn that got moved out to FM with the other droga named in 2003, i'll figure out his ph spot in droga and fix it for next patch. I lumped him in with the other named goblin that was on the named cycle by accident

Manstache likes this.
  29. Elroz

from what i've found, his ph in original droga was the roaming spawn by the inner sanctum gate in droga. Apparently one of the TLP's (or agnarr?) has original droga so magelo shows the spawn as well - which lines up with that info

Manstache likes this.
  30. solar

Will see about hotfixing tomorrow, thanks.

Inacht likes this.