Poll: What do you think is the most and least played class?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anasterian, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

I see you, JemiS.
    It’s really the only choice when you look at all the data.

2. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

Erudite paladins and clerics are hard to find, especially Quellious worshippers. Erudite clerics of Cazic-Thule are also hard to find. The starting stats of Erudites just don't lend themselves to being good paladins and clerics. Their wisdom is OK, but their physical attributes are weaker than most. They have too many of their immutable starting points invested in INT, that could be better used elsewhere if you want to play a cleric or paladin, where INT is of relatively little value.

3. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

There is no class that a half-elf can play, that can't be played better by another race. As for warrior, ogre is the only real choice. Unstunnable from the front is a god mode ability, that allows the ogre to continue to draw aggro and do damage, when other tanks are standing there, useless, because they are unable to move due to being stunned. The only problem ogres have, is that they may need someone to shrink them to get through small spaces, once in a while, but that is not enough of an inconvenience to offset the unstunnable thing.

4. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Frontal stun immunity had its hay day before PoP, but now Wars get an AA that gives wars like 80% stun immunity. Even before then, we have Barbarian Wars that tanked perfectly fine all the way through Velious and Luclin. Ogre's have a very high starting STA as well making them easier to gear for raw HP. If anything, Ogre is the tank easy mode (looking at you beasts and SK's too). However, their CHA is abysmal, requiring CHA songs and/or buffs for their entire life if you want DI to proc.

Frosst likes this.
  5. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

Not to mention their exceptional STR, which not only helps them to do maximum damage with their weapons, but also gives them bonuses when blacksmithing, making fails less likely, so they can make more profit from the skill. Blacksmithing is one of the most expensive crafting skills to master, so fails can be extremely costly.

6. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

In my experience, Necro players need to learn to hold back with the DoTs, so they don't steal aggro from the tanks. Too many times I see necros stacking too many DoT's at once, and the tanks can't maintain aggro because the necro is doing too much damage.

7. JemiS

JemiS Active Member

This perspective is 100% antithetical to how I play the game. Why play an MMO with a ton of character creation options, variety in backstory, and then.... min-max for tiny bonuses so everyone plays the same thing?

Frosst, Mokli and Cillipis like this.
  8. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

the real reason not to play a half-elf is those turned-down boot tops. very unfashionable.

Kithani, Ripwind, Frosst and 2 others like this.
  9. DeadSurvivor

DeadSurvivor Member

Most played: Shaman
    Least played: Paladin

10. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

Shaman is understandable, because early game, Shammy is crazy OP against the environment. They don't really start to fade PvE, until after Velious.

11. Break

Break People Like Me

12. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

I can't think of a single time I've seen a racial ability make a difference in the end game. People should play whatever they like / whatever makes them happy.

Tryfan and Mokli like this.
  13. Denzal

Denzal Active Member

Racial hide is so nice for afk!

14. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

And enhanced regen helps Iksar necros when converting their hit points into mana.