Poll: What do you think is the most and least played class?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anasterian, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Anasterian

Anasterian New Member

Just thought I'd get a discussion going.

Which class do you think is most played and why?

Which class do you think is the least played and why?

From my experience most played is either Enchanter or a Druid, seems like everyone wants to Charm kill and have access to SoW/Ports. I hardly see any Paladins, is there power not all that?

What are your thoughts? :)

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  2. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Most played - Enchanter cus charm, look at the amount of alts that are just chanters.
    Least played - Necromancers because they are a solo class, never fit well with others.

Saskoris and Break like this.
  3. Kovah

Kovah Active Member

A while back there was a similar thread. Someone managed to get stats from takp magelo and post them. If memory serves Enc/Clr/Dru were all pretty high, necro/rogue/paladin were pretty low.

4. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

I was wrong in my previous post. Least played class is Berserker, and coincidentally the least played race is Drakkin. I can deduce that this entire server is racist against Draconic hybrids.

RichardCox likes this.
  5. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

I filtered out characters below level 20.

census-classes.png

census-races.png

census-raceclass.png

Edit: I don't know how to attach images on this forum without them getting mangled, trying with links.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    pivoo, Hoodlum, pharmakos and 8 others like this.
  6. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Solar's list isn't the most accurate for "played"

When I think of played, I mean actually being played, and not including cothbots.

One thing that surprised me is the lack of tanks, most of us three box and fewer people than expected have a tank in their trio.

pharmakos likes this.
  7. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

I thought about that, at first I didn't filter the level 1 mules and warriors were #1. Then I saw the tons of gnome mages and realized I could filter out those too, or filter by last login time, or by time played, or if they have elemental gear, etc. There is so much variation in how people play. People come and go all the time, returning after years of hiatus, starting over.. some people only play a few hours a week, others are on around the clock, some active, some AFKing at dark bank. There are lots of people who log in 3 characters but don't actively play all 3 so the definition of 'played' is going to be variable depending on who you ask.

Hoodlum, Ripwind and Pithy like this.
  8. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

If only we could all filter out the gnomes.

9. Break

Break People Like Me

I'd like to see a gnome magician party, where we take out perma-stunned raid mobs with our air pets.

Also, no wonder my flayed skin tunic won't sell. It looks like I'd have trouble even giving it away.

10. Braven

Braven Well-Known Member

About a month ago I did a bunch of /who alls at various times of day for level 60+ and its Druid (most common) and Necro (least common). Not even close.
    upload_2023-2-1_9-3-44.png

I had done this in early 2021 as well and the differences are:
    upload_2023-2-1_9-6-3.png

So overall a bunch of people replaced non-Enchanter casters with melee.

DeadSurvivor, pivoo, Pithy and 3 others like this.
  11. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Can we get a breakdown of how many Wood Elf Druids are Female, and how often those characters are played in a 3rd person view? I have a hunch about what the numbers might be.

showstring and Ripwind like this.
  12. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

After further review of Solar's data - I have confirmd I am basic and choose normie race/class combinations. I resolve to fix this and my trio will be Half Elf Warrior, Human Necromancer, and Erudite Cleric.

pharmakos and showstring like this.
  13. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Think of the impact on the dataset you could have if you did 3x half elf warrior! You'd corner the market on 20% of that combo.

pharmakos likes this.
  14. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

I feel attacked.

pivoo likes this.
  15. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

These charts are fun! If you feel motivated, how about the split among deities?

Guessing veeshan / tribunal / e marr are lowest

16. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

Would require polling the community but it would be fun to get a breakdown of the most common 3 box combos as well. Some like my paladin / necromancer / shaman combo are probably exceedingly rare. :)

17. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear the backstory of how a godly paladin became traveling companions with such an unholy bunch.

18. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Human Paladins aren't godly.

19. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

Jesus ate with sinners and tax collectors y'know? No one is truly evil. Madriax does her best to mitigate the evil tendencies of Pharmakos, and Pharmakos does his best to ensure that Madriax keeps a realistic perspective about the impure nature of the material world and all the creatures in it.

In the end, tho, all dualistic philosophies are ultimately just a shadow of the truth. Good and evil were made by the same being. As above, so below; and as below, so above... Working the miracles of One.

Plus they both hate frogloks so they have common ground there.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    CTroi, Ripwind and Frosst like this.
  20. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

I recently rolled a trio that I haven’t actually played yet at all just because I was tickled by the idea of a group of adventurers brought together by their shared love of swamps, mud, fungus, decay etc..
    Troll bst, human Druid, human necro. I’ll get around to playing them one of these days, and I’ll definitely do some guk and some temple of cazic thuule with them, not sure where else to hit on the way.

21. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

As a half elf warrior I’m astounded that others would choose any combo but that one. This chart reads more like a listing of other warriors’ poor decisions to me.

22. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

So least played overall appears to be necros, followed by rogues. Not too far off of what I would have guessed!

23. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

This explains why Saryrn's Companion was so hard to acquire

24. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

Strange that there's so few necros. They make excellent boxes to augment many group setups. I guess this server is mostly about the raid game, tho.

25. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

I think the problem for necros is that in almost every situation a druid or shaman will be a more convenient substitute.

26. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

Idk. Depends what you want to kill. The longer the fight, the more you want a Necro. Just get your tank ecosystem set so that it doesn't die and watch the necro slowly go to town on everything.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  27. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Human paladin, opinion irrelevent.

pharmakos likes this.
  28. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

Humans make the BEST paladins!

29. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

You need to put one halfling on top of another to get the whole number. So, charts not AKKurate!

30. JemiS

JemiS Active Member

What I'm getting from this is that choosing Half-Elf for my warrior was the right choice.

Cillipis likes this.