Best stats to focus on for enchanter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golligolli, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Golligolli

Golligolli New Member

Hello -thinking of making an enchanter as my first character here. The p99 wiki recommends focusing on CHA but is that the way to go for this server as well? Not sure if INT would be a better route. Thanks

2. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

TLDR; Hitpoints and AC are the most important stats for meta played enchanters on the THE server. CHA does almost nothing. I really think that as an enchanter you could put all of your starting stats into Wisdom and it really wouldn't make much difference at the end of the day.

3. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

INT is probably only useful for leveling up; it'll max itself pretty easily in the long run.

CHA (not useful for extending charm duration, but handy in other ways) and STA (hit points!) are both good choices. They'll also probably max out with high-end raiding gear (example), but not until significantly later, and the benefits you'll get from investing in a stat that might not max itself (STR, AGI, DEX) are negligible at that point.

4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I geared for HP/AC, highest AC shield I could equip (probably orb of infinite void -> tactician's shield), and Affliction Haste focus (green silken drape, crysoberyl talisman -> circlet of falnikan)

Cadsuane and Pithy like this.
  5. Sverder

Sverder Well-Known Member

For starting ench stats:

INT will help some with a larger mana pool while leveling, but will be easily capped at end game. Pretty easy to raise from cheap bazaar gear too.

STA has some very minor HP, but again will be capped at endgame.

CHA doesn't have a whole lot of benefit any time, at least once your high enough (100? 105?) to get the best prices from merchants.

AGI will benefit you while leveling, and potentially at end game too depending on gearing.
    https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/how-does-armor-currently-work-here.4224/page-8

STR isn't a terrible choice. Being encumbered sucks while leveling, and extra STR is also helpful to let you move even with REZ effects.

Personal opinion, I'd probably go AGI.

DubRemix88 likes this.
  6. DubRemix88

DubRemix88 People Like Me

What sverder said, AGI is such an easy stat to skip over. It's generally a lot easier to cap stamina than agility (depending on class), but once you are full raid geared with max defensives, agility is pretty much the only way left to make defensive gains.

7. Golligolli

Golligolli New Member

Thanks everyone for the advice so far

So let’s say hypothetically that i was mostly going to solo a single character and not get into raiding that much, does that change which stat would take priority?

thanks again

8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Agility is the sleeper best option. The amount of avoidance AC it adds is quite large and

Intelligence is great for all the reasons people mentioned but you will cap it naturally through gearing especially if you’re raiding. If you aren’t raiding 355 can be tough to hit once you’ve unlocked those AAs but not impossible.

Charisma is largely useless as others mentioned. It isn’t the determining factor in holding a charm like it is on P99. Here it’s only for the initial resist on cast of charm and critical pacify resists, both of which are pretty rare even with low charisma.

Stamina seems like a good option but really the health returns on stamina are so marginal that it’s very unlikely to make a difference in most scenarios. If you were to dump all your stats in stamina you gain about the amount of HP as having a Misty Thicket Picnic as your food source full time.

Strength nice to hold loot early on but it’s not enough of a game changer to lock into this decision forever.

Dexterity and Wisdom would be useless.

9. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

CHA also improves your chances of landing mez spells and increases the success rate of memory blur.

AGI's avoidance benefit is capped at 200, and Vallon's adds +52 AGI.

10. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

quite the leap bruh.