How much plat am I looking at to fully twink a Beastlord?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loadsamoney, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

So Velks nothing is going to be “easy” without a healer/slower. You probably want to do Velks castle area use pacify and pull singles. Problems will be on named mobs when they replace place holders. I doubt you will solo them once they spawn. Best bet? Make a group experience it with others OR farm plat and buy gems.

2. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

I check bazaar every day for gems, one guy is selling them but heavily overcharging at the moment (2500 per Crushed Black Marble, 1500 per Crushed Topaz, etc), so I'm not indulging him.

Managed to buy 2 Flawed Sea Sapphires from the druid vendors near PoG, so only need 1 more of those.

3. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

Well, after a combination of mass sentient armor farming yesterday with a friend, and some bazaar shopping this morning, I now have ALL of the gems needed to complete a full set of Beastlord Thurg armor with both bracers.

Just need the eroded leather MQ's now.

Jakkoris likes this.
  4. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Velks should be pretty easy w/o a slower.

5. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

But castle solo as a paladin?

6. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Gotta keep the faith.

7. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

The sentient armors proved fruitful in the end, it took time but I got what I needed from them, so they and the geodes will be my go-to spot for armor gems in the future.

I just need one bracer (two would be redundant since they'd have the same buff clicky, will use a Bracelet of Quickness instead), arms, and the helmet to complete the suit now.

8. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

Somebody informed me of an interesting aspect of the Claw of the Savage Lord proc, in that, unlike its weaker counterpart Claw of the Savage Beast, the Lord version of the proc is also a lifetap, a 75pt lifetap in this case, and apparently procs quite often at that.

I think, instead of going for a SHFD/SoD combo, I will instead opt for a combo of Khashek's Katar and Gold Inlaid Ulak at 50, 12/20 and 16/28 respectively, to double up on those procs, and they should be more than sufficient as placeholders until the epic. I already have Fist of Iron and Zekha's Katar to cover 40-50 as well (they start proccing at 40).

So I just need to keep my eye out for a decent price for those two weapons and hope I can find someone selling a CoF or SBC and a Thurg Leather Helm MQ soon.

9. Ludamorm

Ludamorm New Member

As someone solo leveling a beastlord as my first real character I've found this thread to be pretty interesting. I don't really have money but I've been thinking about trying some hilll giants or something to get some for some weapon upgrades. Of the ones you mention you like fist of iron and zakha's katar for the procs? Maybe I should just look at getting the other two because they proc life taps? I'm lvl 42 now but haven't been in a rush to level up.

One item I always drool over a bit when searching stuff in the baz though is the Crown of Narandi. Have you considered this? Great stats and flowing thought.

10. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

I don't know if the 50pt procs Fist of Iron/Zekha's procs are lifetaps or not. I only know the ones on Fist of Steel (which I still haven't been able to find), Khashek's Katar and Gold Inlaid Ulak are lifetaps.

11. Ludamorm

Ludamorm New Member

Well I'm lvl 45 now and would gladly test them out for an evening and return them to you :) Oh and I'm not sure if the fist of steel drops any more or if it ever did, seems to be some mystery about it and I can't say I've seen one listed in the bazaar. I will say I would like to get the Khashek's Katar and Gold Inlaid Ulak to use around 50 if I can manage.