Misc feedback requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torven, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I think the see SoS flag should be named see rogue. Because the flag wasn't just SoS. There were see invis creatures that rogues could hide sneak past. But ones that saw them.

Examples being in Sol B. They could hide sneak past kobold which all see invis. But not fire Giants, which see rogue.

2. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Hide sneak is supposedly a combination of invis+IVU+sneak, which means if hide fails due to see invis, then sneak may still prevent aggro. The combination of which may be causing the confusion. Also, I've read that (but not verified myself) sneak delays aggro even when inside the front arc similar to being threateningly, which could also add to the confusion.

I have discovered a couple of NPCs that see through sneak on Live, which I went to because an old post mentioned one of them. The old post was a thorough description written in 2004 of sneak and hide on the Allakhazam page for sneak: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/skills.html?skill=31 This post also said that hide was merely invisibility. It looks credible to me.

What the emus have right now are 'see hide' and 'see improved hide' flags for NPCs and no 'see sneak' flag at all. This is making hide much more powerful than it should be because they're/we're using that flag instead of invis+IVU and not nearly everything flagged as see invis is also flagged see hide. Sneak is also more powerful than it should be because we have no way to flag NPCs to see it; although very few NPCs could apparently.

Kobolds on Live were altered and don't see invis anymore, so I can't test on those. Giants however I don't think were touched. (raid content was generally left alone while leveling content was altered) Giants have such a large aggro radius that I don't see how rogues could avoid their front arcs. They have see invis so SoS would be required to get by them. They wouldn't need a 'see rogue' flag to squash them.

3. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Was the knockup ability (Fling) cast by Vex Thal bosses avoidable by hiding behind geometry on AK?

4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Nope. Other AEs in the place were, but the fling wasn't. It has a weird target type in the spell data.

Mokli and Mambo like this.
  5. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

In fact, I remember at least one occasion when DC zoned in to do some clearing (perhaps a crawl, or the TVXs?) while we were killing fling bosses upstairs, and their raid got tossed around all the way down on the first floor.

6. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

Ditto Gadzooks, I recall that raid. Not an expert by any means, but I'd guess the fling was coded with an enormous z axis reach (if such exists?). The Mini Aten room comes to mind as well. There were four small ledges high up, the fling AE still hit even if you lucked into landing there.

7. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I remember fling ae in VT hitting through walls on live as well.

8. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Can anybody tell me precisely how much direct damage spells were reduced by in PvP on AK?

9. Pane

Pane Member

I'm guessing Near would know. He's on a semi afk break at the moment.

He was an ex RZ guy and he dueled a lot on AK.

10. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I dueled and arena'd a bit on AK, but it's hard for me to say since everyone I dueled had high resists. I rarely nuked, and when I did they usually got mitigated or outright resisted. Sorry.

11. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

My logs show Ignite hitting for 32 damage when the spell should be doing 32-37 depending on level. So either that particular spell is doing ~85% normal damage, or it's using the damage unmodified by level. It's hard to search for PvP hits in logs so I figured I'd pick some brains here.

12. Cromis

Cromis Well-Known Member

Damage from damage shields was not adjusted at all. I seem to remember Harm Touch landing for its full value in PvP as well (but its been years and memory can be faulty).

13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

[Sat Oct 13 14:41:04 2012] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 1076 points of damage.
    [Sat Oct 13 14:41:12 2012] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 1076 points of damage.
    [Sat Oct 13 14:41:20 2012] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 1076 points of damage.
    [Sat Oct 13 14:41:27 2012] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 512 points of damage.
    [Sat Oct 13 14:41:35 2012] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 987 points of damage.
    [Sat Oct 13 14:41:43 2012] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 1137 points of damage.
    [Sat Oct 13 14:41:51 2012] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 1084 points of damage.
    [Sat Oct 13 14:41:58 2012] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 1076 points of damage.
    [Sat Oct 13 14:42:06 2012] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 916 points of damage.
    [Thu Jan 03 01:40:38 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 890 points of damage.
    [Thu Jan 03 01:40:54 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 1111 points of damage.
    [Thu Jan 03 01:41:02 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 1058 points of damage.
    [Thu Jan 03 01:41:09 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 1005 points of damage.
    [Thu Jan 03 01:41:29 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 1878 points of damage.
    [Thu Jan 03 01:41:36 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 890 points of damage.
    [Thu Jan 03 01:41:57 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 1076 points of damage.
    [Thu Jan 03 01:42:13 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 1040 points of damage.
    [Thu Jan 03 01:42:26 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 815 points of damage.
    [Thu Jan 03 01:43:00 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 484 points of damage.
    [Thu Jan 03 01:43:14 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 839 points of damage.
    [Thu Jan 03 01:48:09 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 550 points of damage.
    [Thu Jan 03 01:50:08 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 439 points of damage.
    [Tue May 07 21:55:37 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 732 points of damage.
    [Tue May 28 18:38:07 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 855 points of damage.
    [Sun Jun 09 08:06:58 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 546 points of damage.
    [Fri Jun 14 15:38:46 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 635 points of damage.
    [Tue Jul 02 07:52:18 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 617 points of damage.
    [Sun Jul 07 10:42:57 2013] Your flesh blisters from a blast of otherworldly heat. You have taken 802 points of damage.

The October 13th logs are from Huffwins dueling me, unsure what sort of focus he had at that point. The rest I believe are from Near dueling me, using a 30% Nuke focus.

What I think is peculiar is the 1076 DMG value rolling that often in the small sample. This is from Summer's Flame 1400 base DMG. Which would put it at 76-77% of the base damage. Though there are hits higher than this, so I dunno.

14. Elroz

seems like my tranquil staff always got mitigated down to like 98 damage or something. I can't remember for sure though, but it was unresistable.

15. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I was doing some digging yesterday and from what I can tell, Lure of Ro casted by a level 65 hit for ~62%. A 65 warrior wielding The Sword of Ssraeshza proced for 62 damage (it's a 100 dmg proc). So the reduction for most spells seems to be 62%. However Ignite (a low level spell) casted by my 65 druid was hitting for about 86%, so the reduction probably scaled somehow. It's going to be near impossible to figure out how the scaling worked with almost no data to work with.

16. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Can anybody think of mobs that INNATE PROC (not cast) a dispel, shadow step, or beneficial spell other than these: scarelings, phoboplasms, haunted chests, phinigel, blood of ssraeshza, phase spiders?

17. Elroz

I could be wrong but I think Magi Curse proc may be beneficial here (if it is, Fright and a couple other npc's proc it I think)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  18. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I need this for Live. Magi cruse is detrimental on Live. Thanks though

19. Elroz

ah ok, i edited my post a minute ago while I was digging around. When they added /blockspell, there was tons of old encounters that were trivialized because some of their instant spells were flagged beneficial and people went through and found them and just /blocked them. They pretty much all got fixed up after that happened I think, and turned detrimental.

20. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

The worms in ww proc a dispel right?

21. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

I was thinking the Ice Burrowers did too, Quillen, but casual googling didnt say anything.

22. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Innoruuk 2.0 (the version we should have and the version live TLPs have) should proc a dispell like Phinigel.

Being that PoAir is the worst zone in the world, I know a few mobs do these too. I checked and one of the Suit named on PoAir procs the scareling proc.

Plane of Sky, also being one of the worst zones in the game, I think he eyeballs on island 3 proc dispell rather than cast it. An avenging gazer and a watchful guard are the mob names.

23. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Worms in WW proc a damaging spell with a dispel component, so it's unusable to me.

Isle 3 stuff casts, not procs.

Unfortunately that version of Innoruuk is in accessible to me or I'd have visited him.

24. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

I don't know about AK, but I clearly recall that Venril procced his lifetap.

25. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

not a beneficial spell

26. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

What about chromadracs or whatever in skyfire? I believe they use phobocancel

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  27. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

casted

28. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

29. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The perfect zone to leave as a hot zone for years and years.

I'll check him out, thanks.

30. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Yes, you could setup clerics in the room next to AHR and they wouldn't get tossed.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017