Misc feedback requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torven, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Synthetix

Synthetix Well-Known Member

From what I remember, they hit for around 180ish, have 8 hour respawn, pretty sure everything except Warders and Golem bosses is on a 8 hour respawn.
    The Final Arbiter has VERY high resists, very hard to slow, but is slowable and Flurries. The Progenitor is unslowable and flurries. Master of the Guard is slowable, but not as hard to slow as The Final Arbiter and also Rampages. The Trash mobs are all slowable. the newly created sentry mobs are actually charmable and rootable, very good dps as pets. Nothing in this zone can be mezed.
    The aggro radius in general in Sleeper's tomb is very low, you have to go very close to almost everything.
    Not really any noteworthy gimicks/quirks, except maybe that The Final Arbiter was often fought in the Tube room before dropping down. Would also mention that everything in this zone is moving slow, you could basicly kite anything with just Jboots (Except maybe the gargoyle casters)
    Loot table for Golem bosses is identical, they always drop 1 Primal weapon with a rare chance to drop an additional, but this could also be a Priceless, if they don't drop 2 weapons, its always 1 Primal and 1 High end spell. The trash has rare drop chance of Priceless Weapons and BP gems.

On a side note, I do not know if Prismatic Dragon Scale dropped on AK, but if it did, it should be ultra rare and drop from anything in the zone. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=12320

Actually I found this written in the questline on Allakhazam:
    Find yourself a Prismatic Dragon Scale in Sleeper's Tomb. These scales are rare drops off the warders. (If The Sleeper has been awaken, any mob in ST will drop it rarely).
    So I guess maybe it should be on AK?

EDIT: The Final Arbiter Flurries, NOT rampage.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Torven likes this.
  2. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The level 45 progenitor adds also have an 8 hour respawn? Do no more spawn when the Progenitor is aggro?

3. Synthetix

Yeah, they were also on a 8 hour respawn. Not that I know of, we were always careful with killing to many of them on Live, because we wanted our enchanters to have 1 each as a pet, the enchanters even used them as pets against the Warders.

4. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

oh this has a few screenshots, may be helpful : http://www.e-douguya.com/cgi-bin/vtop/data/0722.shtml

another link to their next sleeper raid 4 days later : http://www.e-douguya.com/cgi-bin/vtop/data/0726.shtml

one warder kill shows 5 primals + 1 regular loot lol

also mentions first golem dropping primal avatar spell, which I remember being somewhat of a rare spell drop in ST

also a couple of those screenshots show the agro message for the warders!

Oh there's a xygoz kill from may 13 2001 showing robe of invocation : http://www.e-douguya.com/cgi-bin/vtop/data/0513.shtml

5. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Tangently, why not make the Robe of Invocation a 1% drop? It'll only drop once every 2 years with constant farming.

6. Synthetix

Old Warder loot screenshots is always interesting to look at, was trying to find an old screenshot that had 3 SoDs, but can't seem to find it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

oh and this screenshot always makes me smile, most ive ever seen Dozekar drop personally is 6 tears, but this is just crazy

[​IMG]

These are taken from Legacy of Steel

7. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I'm fairly sure we didn't have the Essence Lens quest on AK; perhaps it was removed when the ST key was added to the keychain, since the quest involved handing the key in.

I'm guessing the scale didn't drop at all, since I participated in a reasonable number of Warder kills and don't remember going through the standard "oh, yeah, that thing is for a quest we don't have on AK" dance of disappointment.

Edit: as far as aggro range on the trash, I would describe it as unremarkable. Certainly not large, as it is in many raid zones, but not abnormally small either.

8. Delorne

Delorne People Like Me

We definitely did not have Essence Lens quest on Al'Kabor. The quest NPCs were present, but the quest requires a post-Wake ST, which never existed on AK.

Frosst likes this.
  9. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Confirm seeing a few 6-tear Dozes on AK. I'm not recalling 7, must be a low chance, 1-5% for that.

10. Delorne

Delorne People Like Me

From way earlier in the thread, but the biggest let down ever was when I tried to solo Praetorian Myral. 5 chants + Angstlich's with a TDoK/Max AAs and he regenned it back immediately after he lost the health. His regen must have been greater than 800hp/tick. I never tried with my Rathe Drums (~867dmg/tick), but I don't think I would have fared much better.

Going through my notes, I found that the gnome in GE that drops the alchemist's stone also had ridiculous regen. I gave up trying to solo her because I knew there was no way I could overcome it.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  11. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Does anybody know anything about 'wardstones' in Sleeper's Tomb?

12. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Just this, from Zorb's logs, which you've probably already seen!

[Thu Mar 20 23:40:14 2008] A wardstone says 'DEPART!'
    [Thu Mar 20 23:40:14 2008] A wardstone begins to cast a spell.
    [Thu Mar 20 23:40:14 2008] You resist the Telekinesis spell!

Looks like a trap near the ZI?

13. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

yeah it is a trap we had collected from AK. There's 7 of them.

14. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Could use some input regarding Priceless Velium weapon drops.

My logs have very few drops of these in them because they were no drop and useless on a server with Luclin and PoP open.

I need to know which Priceless weapons Ancient Sentries, Aged Caretakers, and the Golem bosses could drop. Could they all drop any of them? Or did each drop some the others couldn't?

Priceless Velium Spear (confirmed sentry drop)
    Priceless Velium Warsword (confirmed sentry drop)
    Priceless Velium Battlehammer (confirmed sentry drop)
    Priceless Velium War Lance (either sentry and/or caretaker drop)
    Priceless Velium Battle Axe
    Priceless Velium Brawl Stick
    Priceless Velium Claidhmore (mentioned on Japanese guild webpage)
    Priceless Velium Knuckledusters
    Priceless Velium Reinforced Bow (mentioned on Japanese guild webpage)
    Priceless Velium Fist Wraps (dwarf exchange quest)
    Priceless Velium Knight's Sword (dwarf exchange quest)

Are the battle axe, brawl stick, or knuckledusters new additions from the revamp? (seems strange to have a dwarf quest for fist wraps if knuckledusters drop)

I assume the Fist Wraps and the Knight's Sword are only from the dwarf quest.

15. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I remember the primal versions of brawl stick and battle axe for sure - but never heard of any kind of knuckle dusters, primal or priceless.

Yeah the fist wraps and knight sword were only from the exchange quest.

Also I believe the drops were just like primals, if a mob could drop priceless - it could drop any kind.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Mambo likes this.
  16. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

As far as I know all of the priceless/primal drops shared tables. I never looked forward to one mob over another for a bow or anything.

Mambo likes this.
  17. Synthetix

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  18. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Agree. If the Knuckle Dusters existed, I surely would have collected them. Never saw anyone with one ever.

19. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

ST Bosses were 5 day respawns?

20. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Are you absolutely positive that you got BP gems from Sleeper's on AK? I see zero looted in my logs and magelo doesn't show any in the 12 sentry kills it has. I know the revamped version drops them. I don't have a lot of trash logged however.

21. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I can't personally vouch for his accuracy here, but a search through the Tem forums turns up a comment from Utdaan that all ST bosses were 7-day respawns. (Which likely means a 24-hour window spanning from 6 to 7 days.) Maybe Pithy or somebody from Vintage knows for sure, though? I only killed a handful of Warders, and mostly back in my earliest Al'Kabor days.

22. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I boxed the warders a lot on AK, but sadly didn't log the kills. I CoH'd down, so I don't know anything about trash drops. My recollection, unsupported by evidence, is that the warders respawned in ~5 days with some variance. I was pretty much the only person farming them at the time, though, so I didn't keep super close track.

23. Synthetix

5 Days on Warders and 3 Days on Golems from what I recall.

I did see that on the current Progression server Ragefire, it was set to 3 days on the Warders tho (Before waking the sleeper and revamping it with Ancients). I asked a friend from a guild called Darkwind about this.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  24. Synthetix

No, im uncertain on this. Probably should not drop BP gems in original ST.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  25. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

This is not matching my research.

I have no less than 8 golem boss kills in my AK logs. Only one shows a primal dropping. Two of these logs have both chat text in them and were guilds raiding the zone to get primal so it's highly unlikely that they wouldn't be linked/looted.

I've also been reading my old guild's message board, which had these:

The first quote was from my guild leader and the second was actually from Elidroth. He was in my guild before he become a developer, coincidentally.

I see no confirmation of priceless drops from golem bosses either, but it's possible they were unlooted and unlinked.

I also have three cases of Primal Avatar dropping in AK logs. Two were from warders and one was from a golem boss. I found an old post which more or less made the claim that it only drops from bosses.

As far as I can tell, there were three versions of the zone: pre-woken pre-revamp, post-woken pre-revamp, and post-revamp. We have the first one. (correct me if I'm wrong) So you guys may be mixing up your memories with a different version and/or another emu.

(big thanks to Nester and Zorblak btw, for submitting logs without removing the chat, which makes the logs much more useful)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  26. Synthetix

Yeah you are probably right.
    I found 2 screenshots tho here is Primal and 2 spells from MOTG
    https://web.archive.org/web/2001082...sancti.org/newspic.cfm?newsid=204&picnum=pic1

Here is Priceless Battlehammer and 1 spell from a golem, can't read if its named or trash. I couldn't get the link to it to work, so you must scroll down and zoom in yourself to make it work I guess.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20010618114841/http://www.illuminati-sancti.org/

Its also mentioned in the link above: "First to die was Prog...he went down on the first try to 18 of us, not a single death on our side. Well, Gobaner, but no one really liked him to begin with. He, of course, had useless spells."
    So Yeah, apperently its not 100% drop chance on Primal afterall.

Here is another page of news https://web.archive.org/web/20010720163752/http://www.illuminati-sancti.org/

Great finds Torven!. Really like that were getting closer daily to having everything Classic! I apolegize for providing false info on the drops, the 100% drop chance from golems is not from the pre-woken pre-revamp and my memory was incorrect/twisted from probably post-revamp.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Mambo likes this.
  27. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Calling all you non-log submitters: I need emotes (aggro slay and death messages) for the following NPCs:

a newly created sentry
    a tireless servitor (seems to have no death emote)
    an aged caretaker
    a debris covered guardian (seems to have no death emote)

28. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Wish I had logs from my Pathfinder days- we'd actually fight our way down and probably kill some of those. But, alas!

29. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Ok, time for another round of me spending half a day of my life to try and disprove somebody's 20 second 'I remember X' comment because the burden of proof is always on me and nobody else.

I posit the following:

* That the Hide skill was nothing more than mere regular old invisibility that broke when moving and didn't fade.
    * That the uniquness people attributed to the skill was from Sony giving Rogues free IVU along with any normal invisibility spell or skill.
    * That NPCs don't have a 'see hide' attribute and that any see invis NPC will also see Hide, except for SoS rogues.

I will present my case.

Firstly, I have yet to find a non-undead see invis NPC that doesn't see through hide on Live. If anybody knows of one, please mention it.

I did find (very) old mentions that Frontier Mountain giants, drolvargs, and hill giants saw invis but not hide. So I went to all of these NPCs and none of them saw invis or if they did, they also saw hide.

I propose that the rare mention of 'see invis but not see hide' is likely from the random nature of see invis flags on some NPCs, and/or from normal invis just dropping randomly and people missing it. It makes little sense for Sony to have invented an entirely different class of invis and then apply it to virtually every non-invis-seeing NPC then only unapply it to a tiny handful of unimportant NPCs.

There are any number of old threads that claim that Hide was just invis. Here's a long comment on Allakhazam on the Sneak skill, but mentions Hide:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/skills.html?skill=31
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/hide-vs-invis-whats-the-difference.36421/
    http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18367
    http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-13795.html
    http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=3099&start=25
    Now for some patch notes.

February 6, 2003:

- Failing to hide while invisible will now make the invisibility icon disappear.

April 8, 2003:

- When under the effects of invisibility, a character that hides and
    then moves and breaks their hide also breaks their invisibility. The
    invisibility icon will now disappear under this circumstance so that
    the player knows he is no longer invisible.

If Hide and invis are different, then when does breaking Hide break invis? Also, from Yealight, the EQClassic developer:

http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=3099&start=25
    Sounds like the same thing to me.

Now, regarding rogue Hide; Patch note from Jan 20, 2000:

*Rogue Enhancement*

Whenever a rogue is invisible, whether by spell, potion, or skill, they are now
    also invisible to undead.

This change was made to add a definite class-advantage to the rogue, allowing
    them to do something that no other class could do. It is the first step in a
    multi-step process to improve the rogue class.

There was an item found in Fungus Grove called Tiny Cloak of Darkest Night, which was bard and rogue only and had a click effect of a 2 minute invisibility spell. I gave a dozen of these away.

[Sat Jan 05 07:05:31 2013] Klarg tells alliance:1, 'the best pre AA sos item in game'
    [Sat Jan 05 15:56:20 2013] Twangin tells alliance:1, 'damn somone should hop on that!'
    [Sat Jan 05 15:56:32 2013] Ahzeem tells alliance:1, 'ugggh I want it!!'

[Mon Jan 14 15:45:13 2013] Kuron tells you, 'Basically, when you cast invis on a rogue, it acts the same as hide sneak'
    [Mon Jan 14 15:45:20 2013] Kuron tells you, 'With IVU too'
    [Mon Jan 14 15:45:35 2013] Kuron tells you, 'So with this, you can basically be pre hidden and snuck before zoning'
    [Mon Jan 14 15:45:53 2013] Kuron tells you, 'Yep, pretty much'
    [Mon Jan 14 15:46:23 2013] Kuron tells you, '2 minute duration, but you can cast it before zoning and it persists - hide sneak won't'

Here are some comments under that item on allakhazam:

Jan 2002:
    Feb 2002:
    It is however noteworthy to mention that this doesn't appear to be the case on Live now. Rogue hide works like invis+IVU, but not casting invis on the rogue unhidden.

Does anybody have anything to offer to counter this?

30. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Take it for what it's worth- As a rogue main, I didn't box on live back in 1999 (I didn't box until AK). So I can't speak to other people invising me, and that acting as invis + IVU. This was due to me preferring to trust my own hide/sneak back then, and not the fickle nature of invis. If "Rogue extra beneficial invis" was widely known back then, I probably would've asked for invis when, say, for porting up to Hate or Fear. (which are the only "hot" zonein I can think of) But, it wasn't. At least not to me. I frequented The Safehouse forums back then and never saw any mention of this trick. I was definitely a EQ newb back then, though. (fwiw, never played rogue on AK)

I most certainly remember the Jan 20 2000 patch. I remember thinking "WOOT I'M GOING TO MAKE SO MUCH MONEY CR'ing PEOPLE IN GUK AND BEFALLEN" But I never did :p I did explore Guk and Befallen throughly, though, since only some named there saw through hide at that point.

I also remember thinking I GOTTA GET the Tiny Cloak of Darkest Night. But once I got it, it stayed bagged. I doubt I used it more than 10 times total in the rest of my EQlive career, which extended into GoD and occasionally beyond. There just aren't that many "hot" zone-ins unless there were trains occurring. And even then, there was a "grace" period where I could hit sneak and hide before fully zoning, and finish loading while sneaking/hid, and I typically just did that if I suspected my life was endangered.

I agree with random see invis flags on spawns muddling things. I know they were on live- e.g., I would con a mob, and it would see thru hide, and con another mob of the same type/name, and it wouldn't.

I don't feel that NPC's had "see hide" flag, but they most certainly had "see SoS" flag (mostly PoP and beyond).

Confirm that moving while hidden without Sneak broke Hide.

I do recall if having the invis buff, and using the hide skill while invis, and the moving (unsnuck), Hide would break.

I suspect that looking at logs for rogues with them conning stuff with hide/sneak active would not help as much as it could, due to the nature of sneaking causing rogues to be 100%, no fail invis if behind the mob.

TLDR; Gut feeling is that Hide was just Invis + IVU. Moving with spell invis after using skill hide, would bust all forms of invis. Had to Sneak to make Hide persist while moving. No "see hide" flag (yes to See SoS flag).

Mambo likes this.