Misc feedback requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torven, Aug 27, 2015.

1. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

I was wondering as in regards to enchanter mem-wipe on charmed npcs. When charming I would park my BL and pet on top of my enchanters charmed pet. Sometimes when it broke it would attack the BL first instead of the enchanter. This was before I had a bard to mezz-roll.

2. Seduce

Seduce Member

+1. 'Id also like the discuss about the memblur line of spells as Ive had 1 succuessful memwipe since rolling this character. Its very broken to the point of not having a functional spell you'd expect to work.

Update: Blanket of Forgetfulness works a level 44 spell, before though the early mumbler line does not.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  3. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

The issue with memory blur effects rarely succeeding has been reported a couple of times (here, here), so it's a known issue, I think.

I think there is a problem with charm as well - it seems that players other than the enchanter who were on an NPC's hate list pre-charm are getting dropped post-charm, which is wrong - but I haven't gotten around to playing around with it and pinning this one down. I think if someone wanted to look into it and post a bug report, that'd be good!

Seduce likes this.
  4. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The wipe of non-enchanters when charming is how the behavior works on Live-- I in fact use charm to mem wipe on my bard commonly.

I don't personally recall if AK was different.

5. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I am pretty sure that anyone who was on the pet's aggro list before charm was on the list after charm on Al'Kabor (*of course, the top charm caps at 7.5 minutes; I'm not positive what happens to the hate list if the 10-minute blur rolls around during a lengthier charm like allure, though I am guessing nothing, since the enchanter himself doesn't lose aggro). If charm broke and my enchanter died, the mage (malosinia) went next, pretty much without exception, but often the cleric escaped aggro entirely. In cases where people other than the chanter had cast high-aggro spells on the mob prior to charm (or during prior charm breaks), you'd sometimes see the mob going for snarers and stunners before enchanters on breaks.

It's possible I'm misremembering, of course, but I don't think I am. Anyone who did a lot of charming on AK want to corroborate, or disagree?

(Remember also that for much of AK's history, charmed NPCs in places like BoT were likely to have been perma-pacced, so the aggro situation after charm was usually pretty clear. this is why I'm fairly sure that aggro messages from the logs quoted above don't *really* indicate mobs with empty hate lists after charm breaks: a perma-pacced mob who broke charm would have stood around harmlessly or just wandered away, and this never, ever happened that I can recall.)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    Seduce likes this.
  6. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

When i charmed I almost always ran screaming when it broke regardless of what anyone else did prior to charm.
    But I have no solid data to back this up.

Mokli and sourdiesel like this.
  7. furst

furst Member

I tend to believe this with no facts needed

Ransom and sourdiesel like this.
  8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Charm mem-wiped any action taken on the creature before charm.

Once charm wore off only the enchanter retained a position on the hate list. Druid snares or Sham/Mag Malo aggro was completely wiped away after charming.

The mob only reaggroed once the enchanter was dead or once you did something to reaggro the mob.

I certainly remember cleric walking away from wipes because CHing pets yielded no aggro at all. But I also remember enchanter getting destroyed before I could do anything on the Druid and having the pet sit there still ensnared over enchanter corpse while Druid/Cleric sat safely in a corner.

Most of the time you don't notice this however because when charm breaks and kills the enchanter, you're either engaged in combat with a mob, which would proxy the aggro to the old pet and Debuffers would be put back on aggro list, or you do something like redebuff the pet on break or heal the enchanter to try to stay alive on a break (adding you too the hate list) or it was close enough to reaggro via proximity.

Charm should be a memory wipe every time it lands. When it breaks it should only remember the aggro of a single charm spell cast by the enchanter I believe.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Suriinya likes this.
  9. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

What about sit aggro if someone was in the path (or close aggro range) of the NPC as it pathed towards the Enchanter? Did that trump its hate for the person that originally charmed it? I want to say that sit aggro trumped all within a very small range of the NPC.

10. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Certainly not with a charm break. I distinctly remember Kael raids where a charm pet would break during down time, walk through a sitting raid force and exclusively pummel it's previous owner whether or not the charmer was sitting during the break.

Ransom likes this.
  11. Speedz

As well as Rallos raids. Very charm heavy fight if that tactic is used.

12. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Well, it looks like I'm outvoted! If you're all sure that charm dropped everyone but the enchanter from the aggro list, though, then Torven must also be right about the blur, because it was definitely not the case that the charm pet always went for the chanter first on breaks.

(Personally, I still think everyone in this thread is wrongitty wrong wrong wrong, but I suppose with Al'Kabor gone I'll never prove it. :p)

13. Speedz

Yea when charm broke if no one was near me I ran off and died/recharmed. If I died the mob would walk back and reset.
    Very specifically in PoV fiends. I would yell at healers if they healed me at all due to them causing group wipes.

But, the person who snared my pet b4 charm sometimes would retain agro. Not often, but it did happen.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  14. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Yeah, not going to claim that it memblur's the charmed mob but successfully charming a mob certainly generated a buttload of aggro or at the very least put the charmer on the top of the list +1

15. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Some NPCs constantly look for new players to hate around them while already engaged, but most do not. It's conceivable that the scenario you described could happen depending on the NPC. I don't know the precise hate value of charm breaks however.

16. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Does anybody have a log of Venril Sathir from 2002 onwards that shows two legs dropping? What I'm seeing suggests that his loot table was changed in late 2001 or sometime in 2002.

I have noted 21 Venril kills from 2002 or later, including five from AK, and every single kill was leg + staff. Magelo data doesn't show number of drops, but their drop chance data does not disagree, showing a higher chance for staves than legs, which would make sense as there are fewer staves.

However looking at kills online from 2001 I find many examples with either two legs or two staves. Venril's spawn rate was changed to 3 days on April 17, 2001 (mid-Velious) but most two drop kills I've noted were after that patch, so the change would have been done later.

Gnarled Staff, Deepwater Greaves, Blackened Iksar Bones, Nightshade Scented Staff -- allakhazam comment 2014
    Gnarled Staff, Singing Steel Greaves, Shissar Guardian Staff, Blackened Iksar bones' -- my kill nov 2014
    He dropped SS leggings, Lycanthropic Staff, Spell: Bedlam, and Blackened Iksar Bones. -- allakhazam comment 2009
    He dropped wiz epic piece(guildie looted just in time), blood ember greaves, some cleric staff and some shaman quest item. -- allakhazam comment 2009
    Dropped Lycan staff and Singing Steel Greaves -- allakhazam comment 2007
    Dropped Zerker legs,wizzy epic peice,Mag only stick,iksar bones. -- allakhazam comment 2006
    Looted the Shaman Pants and an Enchanter only Tash stick. Had the no drop wiz piece on him too. -- allakhazam comment 2005
    Dropped Ancient Shissar Gauntlets, Gnarled Staff (happy me), Donals Legs, and Blackened Iksar Bones -- allakhazam comment 2004
    Dropped the gnarled staff, nightshade staff, JB greaves, Mark of Karn. -- allakhazam comment 2004
    got to loot the Gnarled Staff, a requirement for the Wizard Epic. He also dropped the Nightshade Scented Staff (NEC only) and the Deepwater Greaves (PAL only), and the Blackened Iksar Bones -- 2004
    I got my staff (1st attempt) and we rolled those : Blackened Iksar Bones, Lycanthropic Staff, Wild Lord's Trousers and Spell: Mark of Karn. -- allakhazam comment 2003
    Gratz to Frackus on winning his epic piece, a Gnarled Staff, and Laquina on grudgingly taking the Shissar Guardian Staff! We also netted an Elder Spiritist's Greaves which will look lovely on some guild druid. -- Seofon guild news 2003
    Gnarled Staff for Credence, Singing Steel Greaves for Tubian, and a Lycanthropic Staff for Willowrose. -- Seofon guild news 2003
    I got another staff =P Grats to Garington on cobalt greaves -- Seofon guild news 2003
    Dropped: Cobalt Greaves (in picture), Shissar Nullifler Staff, Gnarled Staff (Wizard epic drop) -- Utdaan on Temerity's forum 2007
    [Tue Feb 19 20:03:45 2013] --You have looted a Cobalt Greaves.-- --You have looted a Spell: Bandoleer of Luclin.-- --You have looted a Shissar Nullifier Staff. -- Nikaya log
    [Thu Feb 14 21:17:07 2013] Darchon tells the group, 'Elder Spiritist's Greaves - Ancient Shissar Gauntlet - Gnarled Staff' -- Darchon log
    [Wed Apr 24 17:54:44 2013] You say out of character, 'Gnarled Staff - Waters of Impenetrable Aura - Elder Spiritist's Greaves' -- Darchon log
    [Fri Aug 30 16:29:25 2013] You say to your guild, 'Ancient Shissar Gauntlet - Gnarled Staff rotting FCFS im logging otu for awhile later' -- Darchon log
    Droped: 1. Gnarled Staff 2. Diamond Encrusted Staff 3. Naltrons Mark (sp?) 4. Blood Ember Greaves -- allakhazam comment 2002
    Tolans Legs: Banked * Enchanter Staff: Tenacious(Iien) * Wizard Staff: Belarbrina -- Synergy guild news a June post Velious

*Dropped JB and BE legs -- Realm of Ages guild news 2001-11-20
    *VS dropped cobalt legs, deepwater legs (guildfund), and wiz epic staff (Elrimn) -- Realm of Ages guild news 2001-11-03
    *Killed VS, dropped 3 staves, including Wiz Epic (Ywen) -- Realm of Ages guild news 2001-10-08
    *Dropped Blood Ember Legs (Bort), Mryo Legs -- Realm of Ages guild news 2001-08-06
    Dropped SS Legs (Krulin), Wiz staff (Dakart), Druid staff (Drumil), VS Stones (Medazoa, Lonnlarcan). -- Realm of Ages guild news 2001-05-21
    Dropped Tolan's Legs (Kinsawt), Wiz Staff (Purpel), Cleric Staff -- Realm of Ages guild news 2001-06-15
    *Bard & Ranger Leg -- http://www.moemoe.gr.jp 2001-04-28
    *CLR & DRU Leg -- http://www.moemoe.gr.jp 2001-04-23
    *SHD、PAL(!)のLeg -- http://www.moemoe.gr.jp 2001-04-19
    Loot was Cobalt Greaves (Toshido, RoA), Nightshade Scented Staff (Repents, NW) and the Wiz epic staff -- Realm of Ages guild news 2001-04-18

April 17, 2001 3:00 am - We have increased the spawn rate of Venril Sathir and his skeletal remains.

*another crappy set of drops; a wizard and cleric staff. -- Realm of Ages guild news 2001-03-20
    *Loot was a disappointing two stones, and two necro staffs -- Realm of Ages guild news 2001-03-12

17. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

I don't have logs unfortunately, as I've lost all my data from back then, but I distinctly remember leading VS raids where two legs dropped. In fact, when I won Tolan legs, two pairs of Tolan legs dropped. We were excited to reward our other Ranger who wasn't on at the time. This would have been between February and May of 2002. By Summer of 2002 we were raiding much more velious and luclin and only hit VSR's for epics.

I know it doesn't help much without being a log, though.

18. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

here's a guild site from 1-19-2002 : http://www.rimzig.com/journal/2002-01-19.html

Venril Sathir dropped the following:
    Blood Ember Greaves (AC26 STR7 INT7 HP25 effect Feign Death) for Hsrool
    Deepwater Greaves (AC26 STR8 AGI7 DEX8 HP50 effect Spirit Strength) for Camenie

that rimzig site shows him dropping leg + staff and leg +int caster gloves on 2 kills the next 2 months

19. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I need an estimate as to how many hitpoints the golem bosses in Sleeper's Tomb had. For reference, Vindicator had 180k, the four warders had 200k, Statue of Rallos Zek 400k. (most likely anyway)

These have to be estimated because the versions AK had are long gone. Oddly AK didn't have the revamped ST which happened mid-Luclin.

20. Elroz

My best guess would be 180k on the 3 golems, vindi hp seems about right, long fight with 2-3 groups.

21. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Which revamp do you refer to?

The ST revamp adding the 4 ancient dragons in place of the warders was added after PoP, which is why it didn't exist on Al'Kabor. Some time around early 2003 I think? Probably after our code break. I don't think those items are in our DB but it's been awhile and I don't recall if I checked or not.

Unfortunately I don't think I ever killed a named golem in there. Just did named dragons and that's it :/.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  22. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

I somewhat disagree with Elroz. The Final Arbiter had a bucketload of HP - probably close to Vindi's - but Prog and MOG had far less. Those could be one grouped on AK (and wizards blasting could see sizable chunks of HP getting blown away with each cast) and two grouped in era in like thirty-ish minute kills. My non-log estimate would be like 120k on those two if Vindi was 180k.

I'm not saying MoG and Prog were pushovers but they certainly weren't hard.

23. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Looks like the revamp I was talking about happened after PoP's launch. They just announced it several months earlier making me think it was sooner.

24. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I don't want to start a thread for this, but if anybody has a high level character on the Trakanon server, they could really help me out by loaning me their info or simply giving me some platinum or whatever helping hand they feel comfortable giving me. I realize not many people have characters there so I doubt I'll get a response, but that is precisely why I want to level up some characters over there.

25. surron

surron People Like Me

pretty sure i have a couple of trakanon toons because i played with a progression guild a while back... I have several logins on daybreak, is there anyway to see which character is on which account on their website?

got a 66 bard on there

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  26. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Is it possible to transfer characters still ? and what do you consider a high level character ?

27. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Trakanon is the one server that doesn't allow transfer to which explain the low population.

28. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I have a 85 monk and shaman there already. They stink for powerleveling and I need to level up a 65 warrior and Time gear it. What I could really use is a high level SK, like 75+. 90+ of any other class would also be helpful.

29. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I am requesting more feedback regarding Sleeper's Tomb trash and golem boss NPCs. The logs I have mostly skipped these via CoH or just skipped the Progenitor at least. I have what I need for the Warders.

More specifically, I need:

How much damage does 'a newly created sentry' do? And how fast did they respawn? (the low level progenitor adds)
    What were resists like on trash mobs and golem bosses? Immunities?
    How large were the aggro radii?
    Any noteworthy gimicks/quirks to the golem bosses?
    Describe the loot tables for both the trash and the golem bosses.

30. Elroz

For trash loot, I remember getting BP gems fairly commonly, maybe 5-10% chance, but I don't remember any of the other quest gems dropping. I also think trash could drop high end velious spells like aego, focus of spirit, death peace etc. Spells dropped every few kills, not very rare.