Dev server changelog: Quest NPCs decline hand-ins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mithryn, May 24, 2016.

1. Mithryn

Mithryn Member

Just curious if the change listed in the 5-23-2016 "Quest NPCs will now decline hand-ins if their faction with the player is threateningly or scowling." will apply to Herald Telcha in Chardok?

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I was wondering that as well.

It should probably be a flag rule devs, some mobs definitely allow hand ins below dubious

3. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

I thought you had to grind kill in droga for Herald telcha to accept turn ins?

4. robregen

yeah just read the post on that NPC and looks like they can accept turn ins.

Lenas likes this.
  5. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

I'll add a NPC flag so you can check a box for exceptions :)

Lenas likes this.
  6. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Thanks guys!

7. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Reads as applying to all kos mobs. If so, FYI On ak (posts on Alla for this too) I was able to do the CoM human Skeleton turnin while kos w/o charm, for the brain bite / concussion spell quest (Round the corner turnin tech)

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  8. robregen

I'll add the exemption as we go along.

9. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I suppose it doesn't make any difference on the front end of things, but I imagine that the way this was implemented on live was not with a special rule against KoS turnins and then a bunch of exemptions to the rule, but by simply imposing a minimum faction requirement on most quests.

10. robregen

11. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

Another exception I think was dark elves in kithicor, when handing in sealed box to spawn general. I think you could mez some of them and blur them and hand it in while KoS.

12. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

Rob, let me know what you want to do with this one since you requested the change. Should I make the faction check the exception with the npc flag? So if it's checked the NPC will block KOS hand-ins?

13. robregen

Yeah that would be a better idea. just flag the npc that requires dubious or higher.