When luclin goes live.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fadetree, May 11, 2017.

1. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

I would like to remind the powers that be of the Great Archery Event that happened in Luclin. I am fairly sure it was pretty soon after it launched. There was some kind of patch that got applied, a side effect of which was that Archery delay got set to 0. For 8 glorious hours, teams of insanely laughing Rangers were mowing things down left and right with Archery Uzis. Some of them had various levels of AM and EQ. Many were the screams of surprise and dismay on that glorious day, I tell you. The zones ran red, or green, or whatever with the pixellated blood of many creatures, and the halls rang with the angry shouts of Rogues and Wizards as their targets got facemelted right before their eyes faster than they could punch buttons.

In the interest of the fidelity and accuracy of the timeline, I think the Overlords should re-instate this event shortly after Luclin opens.

2. Diro

Diro Member

That would be pretty cool.

3. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

If you know about it in advance, it will get abused significantly more and have a vastly more dramatic effect than a surprise unexpected bug that nobody anticipated

4. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

I know, that's what I'm shooting for. Pun intended.

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Around the same time the z-axis limit was also broken and you could shoot straight up or down.

6. Diro

Diro Member

Why so serious.

7. Sparking

Sparking New Member

I thought this was going to be about the great archery event / contest of Surefall Glade.. shortly after Luclin at least on my server they had a GM archery contest at Surefall. Can't have been but a couple months after Luclin released because I remember I was the only one on the server at the time with AM3. Was good of the GM's to have the contest so I could validate the endless hours I'd spent soloing shrooms in FG to myself! An Oakwynd would have been a fitting prize, alas that wasn't it...

8. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

I've never heard of that, but it sounds really cool. AM3 was a really long grind, which I did mostly in Ahkeva. Several times I questioned the wisdom of spending so much time killing the little alien guys that said 'wheee' when you hit them, but I persevered. AM3/EQ meant more to me as a long time Ranger than anything else in the game, ever.