What to do during spell gem lock to survive while fighting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saskoris, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

I have tried zoning, which almost always still gets me killed if I'm soloing.

I have tried force quitting. I still die.

I have tried shutting off laptop. Still die.

I need a sure fire way to get my character out of the gameworld once it happens or else I simply cannot solo anymore.
    Is there something in my files I can edit to get me to ld out faster once I force quit? I suppose as long as I could get out once I saw the gems locked it would be fine, and I would be ok with the desyncing since I just get out anyways before I get hurt. Finally, why doesn't the game register me as zoning when I hit the ZL wall and the game "freezes" for the loading the next zone? Doesn't the game automatically stop registering you in that zone?
    It has gotten so bad I don't actually think I can play TAK until its resolved.

2. Tylaric

Tylaric Well-Known Member

Re: What to do during spell gem lock to survive while fighti

I Sas,

I was having this problem as well. I was also crashing overtime I zoned and like you I was getting pretty frustrated.

In my search for results I've tried (and you should try as well):

1) Use the default UI (to rule out UI Problems)
    2) Looking through your UI Files and search for the expression " Feedback ". Remove any line that looks like: <Include>EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml</Include> .. I had once instance of this in a file called EQUI.xml
    3) Use a LAN connection if possible. In many cases UDP Traffic drops over WiFi.
    4) Port Forward: 6000, 7000-7500, 7778, 9000 to your computer
    5) Use a VPN service and verify that you are connecting via the VPN. To verify; with the VPN turned off, go to Google and type in What is my IP, google will show you your IP address.. Now enable your VPN and repeat this and you should notice you have a different IP address. If you don't then you may need to tunnel your VPN over a different port such as 443 (like I did).

I also tried other things like editing datarate.txt but I really felt that was grasping at straws and wasn't really a valid solution.

For me, the fix was the VPN. Since running that a few days ago I haven't crashed once, no spell gem blackouts, and no other issues.

3. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

I could not find those files you mentioned.

4. Tylaric

Tylaric Well-Known Member

Mac or Windows ?

5. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

Mac

6. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Member

I was in the same boat and created a static IP and that has resolved it for me for a few days.

7. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

Can I have a DMZ set up and a static IP at the same time?

8. iance

iance New Member

Usually setting the DMZ makes it necessary to choose an IP for your mac address anyhow.
    Depends on the router though, at least it was like this for all my routers so far

9. Orruar

Orruar New Member

Is it just me, or have they resolved this issue? I had at least one toon crash every 10-15 minutes like clockwork up until yesterday. Between yesterday and today I've probably played 5-6 hours without a single spell gem lock desync crash.

10. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

Yes it does seem considerably better now.

11. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

Still getting spell gem lock then death. Anyone have new tech or ideas to get out of the game faster once you realize you are desynced? It seemed on AK you were out of the game much faster once considered "LD" but on TAK you stay in forever still your character finally exits game world.

12. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

yeah its getting really irritated. I crash alot upon zone and when it happens I cant get back in for about 5-10 minutes and its driving me nuts.

When i /who on my box, my main character who crashed says I am level 0 in zone:unknown for about 5 minutes then finally im able to log back in.

The amount of time your character hangs after LD is absolutely unnecessary. 30 seconds would suffice.

13. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

It's a difficult section of code to deal with. CD knows about this. Will fix it in a way to avoid an exploit as soon as he can.

14. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

Thanks speedz <3