What do you box, and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superindeed, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Meh Pal is 2 stuns and forget about it~

2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

boxes is boxes

3. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

hey Fang, welcome back brother :)

lurari likes this.
  4. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

FTFY
    And Hi Pithy! Congrats on Vulak and AoW and Vyemm! Glad to see AK representing!

5. Loraen

Loraen Well-Known Member

Update: I'm definitely a lot happier with Monk/Shaman having geared/leveled up (courtesy of Imperium's insanely noob-friendly loot policy). I never rolled a Shaman on P99, so I didn't appreciate just how flexible they are. Malo/Slow/Torpor/Canni are awesome as expected, but that is not the end of the Shaman's bag of tricks! Raev has enough resists to mostly ignore spellcasters now, and while he still takes a lot of melee damage he has enough HP to not get pulped on pulls (most of the time) and Torpor is pretty efficient at fixing him up. Stonestance on a 3 minute cooldown is amazing. Both classes should get a serious powerup in Luclin with Rapidfeign and Cannibalization AAs.

Clr/Enc/X is still the way to go for serious firepower, of course, and is also much less gear dependent, but I am resenting Darchon a lot less for talking me into not abandoning my Iksar tag team.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Tarkon, pharmakos and Ransom like this.
  6. Kalyrian

Kalyrian New Member

I'm running clr/enc/mag and thinking the same thing. I kind of want to be in the action after a while, but this being my first go around on the server, not needing much gear to stay alive is nice.

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

level the mage/enc enough to make farming some starter stuff easy and then add a melee

8. Kalyrian

Kalyrian New Member

Thats the plan, thinking rng because i played one back in the pop days but might go with SK, never played one, seems fun.

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  9. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

i did the same plan. for me, it was once i was able to start EXPing off of hill giants on my necromancer. farmed up a few thousand plat easily, and then was able to gear my paladin. i'd imagine mag/enc/clr coud probably start doing hill giants at a reasonable pace starting around level 34, if not sooner.

10. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Knights are a lot of fun, if I were to pick a melee for a new trio it would def be a pally or SK. Troll SK, Troll Shaman, Delf Enchanter, or Eru Pally, Eru Cleric, Eru Enchanter.

Loraen likes this.
  11. Loraen

Loraen Well-Known Member

Erudite Paladin/Cleric/Enchanter sounds both effective and off the beaten path, too.

pharmakos likes this.
  12. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Paladin shaman bard! Be crazy!

13. GreldorEQ

GreldorEQ Active Member

I keep going back and forth between boxing and no boxing. I try soloing for a while, then break to level some partners. I eventually get annoyed with the work of boxing and go back to solo.

However, as I get my Necro higher and higher, I am finding I am enjoying his solo power. It is a ton less work not having to box, and I feel I enjoy the game more when I am running just one.

I think I'll go back to soloing for a while and see how that goes - I am nearly 32, so just hitting my necro stride.

14. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Maybe move slowly. If you really don't want a lot of work add a wizard or something. Great transport and you can set up hotkeys where you switch to your wiz. Tap a button that will have him stand, assist your necro, nuke, and sit again.

15. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

a solo necro is, in many circumstances, stronger than a lot of boxing combos, especially while still levelling. you picked a great class if you want to single box.

16. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

In process of trying SK, BST & CLR trio. Swapping out a shm for a bst.

I knew someone who duo'd a monk and enchanter. They loved it. They didnt always group with others either.

17. Kalyrian

Kalyrian New Member

I've been very happy with switching my mage for an SK. SK holds aggro really nicely and my clr/enc duo can mostly stunlock a caster if need be.

18. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Enchanter w/bedlam on a monk can keep it up for a long time w/o heals - I rune fairly often to help alleviate the load for my poor druid who doesn't yet have her quality heals.

19. tibbs

tibbs Member

My 2 trios are:

SK/clr/bst
    mnk/dru/enc

Both amazing for all the aforementioned. Only bummer with the first one was initial grind to sow on BST since it was my first trio on server so didn't have much help getting high enuf (I'm a bit of a solo player)