My experience 'back' on al'kabor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vaynara, May 3, 2016.

1. Vaynara

Vaynara Member

I am grateful that I found The Al'Kabor Project. I played EQ live back in 1999 - 2003, and later heard about EQmac in 2012. I was sure I had lost my community forever when EQmac was thrown into the void. Yesterday I quickly made my characters again and started exploring Greater Faydark when I bumped into a familiar name <Destiny>. Although I had never seen Elroz (hope the name is right) I was running from a centurion orc to newbie lift. Elroz stopped me and said. "invite for c2". So I did, I mean who wouldn't! He buffed me with haste and c2 for my healers. I was grateful and thanked him, he then left me with a gracious amount of pp and said "some spell money, good luck!"

Thank you kind soul. Thank you for being the first of what I hope to be many more wonderful experiences to come. I love that I have a place to call home again. I cannot wait to see you all soon!

- Vaynara, Dinadur, Lardainia

Verdent, Neealana and Lenas like this.
  2. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

Glad you are happy here!

Elroz is a wonderful community member.

Verdent and Neealana like this.
  3. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

Just to add to the Elroz appreciation, he deserves a shout out for buffing my 6 year old son's Ranger in Qeynos about an hour ago. I was showing him how to run around the city and all of a sudden there was a glow in front of him. He is now convinced that Elroz is the nicest, uberest person - ever.

To be fair, the same should be said of Austerity members Gopro and Iajitsu, who both showed me great kindness when I joined the server - and subsequently the guild Austerity.

Much like Vaynara, I thought my days in EQ were over, but takp has been a breath of fresh air. The credit for that fact belongs to the devs and so many in the community here.

Verdent and Neealana like this.
  4. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

thanks for the shout outs! I'm just happy to see so many new people starting up here. I encourage everyone to look for new players that are trying to find a friendly/stable environment to play, to make them feel welcome here. Answering questions, giving out buffs, spell money, some start-up gear, or just some friendly advice - goes a long way.

I want to give a shout-out to the people who have been writing the "getting started" guides for the wiki. Every person I've ran into that has been having issues, I direct them to the wiki and their problem gets solved. Also fryguy for all the work with the UI's, one of the first things people do when they start, is to try and get their UI set up properly, and his UI work gives them plenty of options. So keep up the good work everyone!

5. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I can't find Elroz and I've been trying - maybe time to camp orc hill. Glad to see a new face looking forward to your "what combo should I 3box" post soon!

Ghakim likes this.
  6. Vaynara

Vaynara Member

haha, as soon as I found out 3 boxing was allowed I had my game plan. I went with Warrior Shaman Druid. Solid Healer Dotdps and Tank. I do miss 5 boxing on Eqmac Druid Cleric Mage Warrior Necro was a good combo I found.

7. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

Dabber the gnome from Austerity won the 1k I tried to pay Elroz for some jewelry he made me. Elroz wouldn't accept payment and told me to give the cash to someone new. Really cool of him to do that, I even had fun running a little scavenger hunt in POK. Elroz for president!

8. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

who's elroz?

9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

some jerk making us look bad

Verdent likes this.
  10. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Elroz gave me a Mirror of Self Loathing! Also, I once saw him walk across a lake to heal an injured duck.

11. scrubber

scrubber New Member

Elroz give anyone who hail him 1000pp.

12. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

Why would you want something like that?

Sounds like Elroz pulled a fast one on you.

13. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Well, it keeps me humble, at least.