Treant Fists quest...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yinn Yang, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

I am going to try to complete the Treant Fists quest (old classic monk item). I know I've seen Kaz hanging out in RunnyEye recently and I'm sure others have probably been hunting there too. All the pieces are "no drop" so I'll need to get them myself, but I'm curious about the spawns and if people have actually seen them.

The goblin alchemist is the hardest to get to spawn, so I want to be sure he really exists (I know he did on AK, but the one in Xrobbs Gorge was insanely rare... he drops the Humerus Handled Mace). There is also a goblin alchemist that spawns in Misty Thicket (same spawn cycle as Mooto, he drops the Ribcage Chest Armor), he is semi-rare, but not like the guy in Xrobbs Gorge. Then a pickclaw mindripper in Runny Eye is supposed to drop the Cat Skull Cap and a pickclaw bonemender or the goblin captain in Runny Eye should drop the Fractured Femur.

So my question is, has anyone seen any of these spawns or items while playing in and around Misty/RunnyEye/Xrobbs Gorge? Do these names ring any bells?

Also, my final turn-in will be done on Kerra Isle, I assume that exists and is up and running?

2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

the goblin alchemist in misty does exist in our database but as a very ultra rare spawn. not sure about the other. but I can check sometime.

3. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

I was usually able to get the one in Misty to spawn in about a 2-3 hour camp at most. The alchemist in Xrobb's Gorge spawned right near the entrance to RunnyEye (MQEmulator.net shows the right spot). He was by far the rarest (probably even more difficult than Raster of Guk, notoriously insane camp). The scenario was that there were 2 spawns in virtually the same spot near RunnyEye entrance; one was on a 6 minute spawn timer and roamed a little (about 100 yards down the path and then back), the other was on a 72 minute timer and also roamed the same path... not far from his spawn and then back. Both spawns were always goblins and if you found both goblins up (which was rare because roaming minotaurs would attack and kill goblins), you could kill both and then wait precisely 72 minutes; the one that popped after 72 minutes was your alchemist PH... the 6 minute spawn timer goblin was definitely not a PH... so you can just leave him alone to roam back and forth until a minotaur kills him. Then, once you find the 72 minute spawn, you keep coming back and praying for alchemist... I think he was 10% chance of spawn or something. With a 72 minute timer and 10% chance of pop, you can imagine how long that camp was.

I did it on AK when I first started there in 2009. The alchemist finally popped after about 50 hours, I was fighting him and had him to 5% when I went LD. Needless to say, when I came back, there was no corpse, no loot, and no alchemist.... it was quite disheartening.

4. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Just noticed that MQEmulator shows him as a 8.5-9.5 minute spawn timer in Xorbb's Gorge, that was definitely not the case on AK, I watched the spawn many times. That timer could have been for the identical spawn that popped in the same location, but was not for the alchemist spawn.

5. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

he wasn't in our database in xorbb. He is now. a goblin captain doesn't have much info on alla other than back in 2000. you know what the PH is? and a gelatinous cube I would imagine it's PH would be a_slime_elemental.

6. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

I actually don't recall ever seeing/killing a goblin captain (on PC EQ or AK). I'd guess he was a very old spawn that was eliminated. IIRC (and I can't be certain), I think I got the Fractured Femur [Thipt's Femur] off of either a Pickclaw Bonemender or from a gelatinous cube within RunnyEye (if that was even possible?). The Cat Skull Cap dropped from the Pickclaw Mindrippers. You had to get down into the heart of RunnyEye to get those two pieces.

The Ribcage Armor dropped from the Goblin Alchemist spawn in Misty Thicket and the Humerus Handled Mace dropped from the Goblin Alchemist in Xorbb's Gorge. The Alchmists had their drops 100% of the time... it was just tricky to get them to spawn.

7. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Okay, I've seen the Alchemist spawn in Misty Thicket and got my ribcage armor; but has anyone yet seen the Alchemist in Xorbb's Gorge yet? If he spawned, he would be right outside the Runny Eye entrance. I don't want to work on the rest of the quest until I'm sure the Alchemist in the Gorge spawns... he can be very elusive. 72 minute spawn timer and about a 10% chance of spawn makes for a very rare spawn.

His info can be found here: http://mqemulator.net/npc.php?id=16040
    However, as mentioned above, the spawn info isn't entirely correct. On AK (and way back on Povar in early 2000's), his spawn or PH was right next to another generic goblin spawn, it was quite odd. The two spawn locations were one right in front of the other (I watched them both spawn at more or less the same time on one occasion). The generic spawn was about an 8 minute timer and the alchemist/PH spawn was 72 minutes. Both spawns would roam up and down the corridor, but not far at all (to the first intersection and back, 50 yards?). Both goblins were KoS to Minotaurs, so they weren't around too long before a Mino would come along and eventually kill them. IF the alchemist spawned, he was a bit tougher and could give the Minos a damn good fight, but typically he would succumb to the Minos eventually also.

8. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

beholder_a_goblin_lookout1 -
    NPC Chance
    a_goblin_lookout (16014) 99 Edit this Spawngroup Member Remove this Spawngroup Member and Balance Group Remove this Spawngroup Member
    a_goblin_alchemist (16040) 1

despawn: None despawn timer: 100- Rob does this mean the timer doesnt matter because the despawn is set to none?

1% spawnrate and 2 ph spots.

A humerus handled mace is his only drop .....and it always drops.

9. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

Oh he doesnt have a min drop set....so you could possibly NOT have it drop after all that time. Should the mace always drop?

10. iance

iance New Member

11. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Yes, if the Alchemist spawned, he always had the mace. So it was a rare spawn but if he spawned, not only did he have it, he was always wielding it.

12. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

FWIW, when I did the quest on AK, I did get the Cat Skull Cap off a Pickclaw Mindripper... no doubt about it. Never went to the Qeynos Catacombs to try the Gelatinous Cube there, but he may have dropped it too... no idea. There was no Gelatinous Cube in the AK version of RunnyEye (that I recall).

13. iance

iance New Member

Yeah that got removed with the revamp.

14. iance

iance New Member

I found this quote on the allakazaam page for cube

15. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

So yin you need to database bug report this to Rob that the mace needs to be mindrop 1 so it will always drop