Tradeskill caps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seknah, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Seknah

Seknah Member

Is there any level caps for tradeskills? I think I can get to 200+ at level 1 with most, however special ones like Alchemy, Tinkering, Poison, and Research may have limitations based on level. I'm more interested in knowing if I could leave my casters at 16 for Research (and Gnome tinkering) and max out or if I would need to level up every 5 skill ups to get higher level.

2. DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma Member

My lvl 36 Wizard has his normal tradeskills to 150+, some almost 200. So those arent capped. My Rogues poison however was capped at 200 until 51, then the cap has gone up 5 points a level since until 60. I don't think I raised until late 50s, so not certain if its cap went up per level before then. Research however does cap per level. And the cap for each level isnt what you would expect. You would expect to train it at 16, and the cap to immediately be 85ish. But its not. Its lower. I forget which, but I think stuck at 16 for a few levels, then goes up 5 points per level. At the very least the cap is lower then the trivial skill to make a spell of a spell level when you ding it.

Tinkering and Alcmemy I cant say much about. I know you can make a level 1 gnome, have tinkering already and it starts at 50. But I'm not sure if the skill goes up.

3. Seknah

Seknah Member

Found what I was looking for.

At level 16 when you can train the skill you are capped at 5, however it defaults to 16. Making it so you can't get a skillup until L19 when the cap would be 20. So it sadly looks like I will need to actively level my casters to train Research. I planned to level them anyways, just probably not as soon as I would have intended to.

Thanks for your reply DarkAkuma - It lead me in the right direction to find what I needed to find.

4. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

What spells do you need or do you just want to have all tradekills done? I have a max researcher in all four classes.

5. Seknah

Seknah Member

I'm a Tradeskillaholic. So I will be working on the skillups, however I may pester you for key spells such as NEC and MAG pets just so I don't have to worry about failed combines and not getting the pet until I no longer need it - Such as had happened on live so many times.