Trader and 3 box limit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mithryn, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Mithryn

Mithryn Member

I tried to search if this was discussed, but couldn't find anything on it.

As I understand it, the idea behind the 3 box limit was to allow boxing but at the same time encourage grouping as at least 2 "3-box-sets" could merge.

With that in mind, would it be allowed to have a Trader active while 3-boxing? Or would it be too difficult to police if someone is using the 4th logged on toon as a Trader or not?

I personally think either way is fine, but figured asking is better than assuming.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  2. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

Just to add to the discussion, maybe could flag an account as a trader/mule account and make it so no characters on that account can level up past 1, to prevent them from being useful outside of the bazaar/muling.

3. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

We have this coded in to work lthis way. But Speedz would have to implemented it on Web side to somehow tie it to forum account.

Lenas, Elrontaur, Neopolitan and 2 others like this.
  4. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

The way I coded it is that you can have a 4th account with limited characters (I forgot what I set the limit to, maybe 3) and none of those characters can obtain XP. The code is all ready to go as Rob has mentioned, has been for a long time. Just waiting on the web side to catch up.

Elrontaur and Elroz like this.
  5. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

I have been ultra busy and had multiple hard drives fail.
    I still am moving things around to accommodate the loss in data space and create a raid setup so I don't lose work if yet more die.
    As is right now I do not have a ready to work dev space yet.
    The first thing I am planning once I do in regards to TAKP is a donation tracking ticker.
    Past that I'll see what I can do for this on top of other things that are needed.

I plan a serious overhaul of the web backend for game related things.
    So additions and edits have been on hold for the most part until I can get a dev setup and start working on the ideas.

Ghakim and Elrontaur like this.
  6. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

Excuses, excuses. :p

7. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Ghetto drive cages

[​IMG]

naekko and Elrontaur like this.