Tiny & Frank vs The Plane of Fear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tiny, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Tiny

Tiny Guest

2. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

Hacks.

/reported

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Confirmed pull script working as intended .... :p

4. Tiny

Tiny Guest

I'll send you guys a bill for the scorched video card in my laptop.

5. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Haha awesome, did your frame rate slow right down? I was trying to break fear by flopping necros to the north end, and then I found I couldn't even kill a gorilla. This was before their run/root patch, and the charm patch, so the only option was kiting them at run speed, which didn't work so well. It wa also my first time playing a necro, so I am no expert. I suspect a good one could slowly break some of fear? North near the firewall seemed totally safe to me, but a long run! Someone told me that a lot of the trash gets kited away from the portal and the North wall, and everyone just runs in/camps at the safe spot. Safer then a west wall break anyways. I have never played in fear this early, only 60-65 killing Cazic for his loot when everything else was down. So there wasn't as much strictness since the gear/knowledge overpowered the mobs. Looking forward to some fear raids here, hopefully nothing to crazy

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Breaking fear at level 50 is a three group min, unless you are cool with risking your corpse to rot.

7. iance

iance New Member

I think the keys to success are

A. Good pullers / trainers
    B. Break in with few boxes and bring the rest in once it's broken

I think with a team of capable trainers with decent mr gear and mobs actually procing their procs instead of casting them from 200 range, you can recover any corpse

Also druids who can snare cc are for the win and on last break in we couldn't snare at all

8. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Theorizing, couldn't you attempt a naked break? Caster gear isn't as important, and then you don't have to worry about someone with a corpse under CT that you can't retrieve. If a guild parks a cleric at the North Firewall clear area they are set as long as they are careful. No mobs seemed to run around up there. But then I guess your out a cleric. I agree a smaller team that knows what they are doing is smarter then a zerg, Those scarelings have a crazy aggro range here at level 50! And they see invis! I didn't realize mobs were casting their procs, that is an issue for sure. But this is all theory craft, I will let the ones who have done this before in a classic environment lead the way. Does fear get significantly less dangerous once people are VP/Kunark top end geared? Does Kunark gear improve that much?

9. iance

iance New Member

It all depends on where you set up/start. If you do a good trainaway and get people to the north wall, it is very very secure compared to west wall. Ofcourse it takes a bigger effort to get everything trained away. Last break in the train agrod on the raid because we didn't relog once we arrived there. I think with everyone fresh and buffed, no train and no LDs it would be a much easier break in as well.

10. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Ahh some of you have already broken in? Or attempted to break in but dragged mobs up to the north firewall safe spot? Armed and Hammered or a pickup raid? Anyone been up to Air yet? I have lots of questions....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've done air on my gm only...Torven has put a ton of work into the mobs there and the pathing looks really solid.

Armed did a guild raid into Fear and got conquered by LD bug and almost didnt get back out.

12. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Thats cool about Air, its a pita to raid, but it is a unique one for sure. Glad Torven was able to collect a lot of data on it

13. abacab

abacab New Member

I can clear a path to north wall with a naked bard and a DA idol; just blow DA when shit gets bad and kite from entrance around to the fire wall then dive due east as far as you can go.

Bard can then die, go back to feerrott loot his corpse and come back in.

14. abacab

abacab New Member

This is how I do it.

Step one: corpse a bard at PoFear portal, just duel him to death
    Step two: hand him a shiny brass idol and a few shadowstep items like http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=48211
    Step three: Lev him up and sow him
    Step four: zone him in and selos it up and just run zigg-zaggs north until you pass the firewall
    Step five: People zone in
    Step six: Just have the bard shadowstep everywhere and DA if needed
    Step seven: suicide the bard in the south-east corner
    Step eight: Bard comes back loots his corpse and zones in GTG

If you're a REALLY talented bard you can save DA til' the end and run back up north, DA and /q and log back in.

15. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Glad we got some p99 folk, they know how to kite fear around like pros by now =) Unfortunately our CT isn't going to be beatable for a good while, he is velious era one. Cool tactic though to get to the safe spot in the north, thanks for the sharing. Although knowing and doing are two different things =)

16. abacab

abacab New Member

Hell, if you want the safest way to solo kite the zone as a bard; just zone in with your gear and die; then comeback in with the DA idol.

As you're kiting away have a cleric rez you and once you hit the SE corner after you circle around the firewall DA's hit 'accept' and just log out.

17. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

As as matter of fact, back in 1999, one of my guild's necros solo broke fear by doing precisely what you suggest: run to the north wall safe spot and kill from there. Fear mobs don't have super high resists, so it's just a matter of reverse kiting carefully and some luck. Those were some of the best gamers I ever played with.

Fear was breakable with less than 3 groups as well. You could invis to the SW corner near the gate with one group and simply try to get at least one kill then evac out when too many mobs added. After several trips you could thin the gate area enough to no longer have to evac. This was back in the good ol' days of evac being extremely useful/required. CRs worked similarly: invis to corner naked, if you aggro don't train the corner and die someplace, res geared corpses as much as you can and evac when required. (enchanter could buy some time) Good kiters going in first and removing nearby mobs also works very well.