This is my dream server.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vannari, Aug 24, 2015.

1. vannari

vannari Well-Known Member

Just thought I should mention this to the owners, partly because I am glad to give complements and partly because I don't actually play here yet. I made my characters and got to level 2 but it is sloooow with old school exp, and I also have levelled to max level in EQ, then SoD, then P99, then EQ Mac, then PEQTGC, and have various characters on other servers too, not to mention other games. So I have to find the motivation to start here, and I also am kinda hanging on for Kunark to be finished and maybe a bit of Velious. But during all my time levelling time and time again, I always wondered what my dream server would be.

I came to the conclusion that macroquest just automates the whole game and it becomes boring, and 6 boxing means nobody ever groups, and playing one character just seems to simple and boring after multiboxing for so long. I also have a preference of era, modern EQ is horrible to me, too simplified and easy, hate mercs etc. Even GoD era I don't really like because the gear makes you so overpowered in the older expansions, it's like having godmode=on, and the new content I don't really like. And yet p99 I got really bored, not just because of no boxing, but because there just isn't enough content. I need some really long term goals. I think Velious would be enough for me, at least for a few years. But really PoP is the ideal era to lock the game for me, because you can take your time reaching PoP, even take years if you want to be thorough and do previous raid content. And then when it gets to PoP it can take a looong time to get through all that to the end, and there is so much to get.

TL'DR, I love that it is 3 boxing, it is enough to make the game exciting, deep, and interesting, but not so many that nobody will group. And I love it being locked at PoP, it is enough to provide many years of content and stuff to strive for, but not so far that it kills the feel of early EQ that I love.

So this is my dream server :) Even though I don't really play yet... :) But I will soon. In the meantime I'm working through my backlog of single player games.

p.s. I would have probably found my home in EQ Mac for many years, I had a full team of 6 on there and had just levelled them up when it closed :( I also played a lot of Vanguard and the ^%£! closed that game too. But this server is even more perfect.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Tesadar and Oiwon like this.
  2. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

Don't let the release of PoP, Velious, or even Kunark hold you back... it's staggering how much content there is in Vanilla, especially when you have multiple toons to equip and level. You won't find the same kinds of issues here in classic content that you find on other servers (P99, new Progression), largely because the vanilla content isn't picked over because of overpopulation.

I'm finding the rate of progression here to be "just right", and am not even sure all of my favorite characters will be "ready" for Kunark when it launches (rumoured to be weeks away), and I've been playing regularly here since last January.

Best of all here, is the population: relationships between guilds is cooperative, amiable, and mature; this server's staff regularly involves themselves with the population and genuinely cares about player's concerns and requests; and the people here are fantastic. I couldn't imagine playing anywhere else anymore. I miss old friends on P99, but I don't miss that environment at all.

Welcome, and hope to see you in-game!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Tesadar and Oiwon like this.
  3. vannari

Thanks :) I needed to time to catch up on my backlog of single player games anyway. I played Talos Principle, Dragon Age Inquisition (what a stinker), and then Witcher 3, and now I'm half way through GTA5. After that I'll get stuck in to levelling :)

4. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

GTA 5 is a damn good game, but you'll be here before long.

5. vannari

Just finished it, it was shorter than I expected. Started on Alien Isolation, (better than I expected), and then it's TAK time :)

6. Hyacinth

Hyacinth Active Member

Van! Good to see you post here, I just started about 2.5 weeks ago, i'd guess I have about 35-40ish hours in and recently hit 17. I've got to say, I never actually got to play in Upper Guk as a level-appropriate, era-appropriate toon, and it is a TON of fun =D Would love to see you in game, hopefully pre-Kunark!

7. vannari

Sounds good :) I love Upper Guk, they don't make dungeons like that anymore... It is huge! I've hunted at the left bit at low levels (just beyond that weird circular bridge). And then slightly higher level I hunted in the room to the right beyond the first throne room. It has a hidden room in the back and tons of frogs so I just sit there and gank. And then at higher levels I hunted at the back end near the Lower Guk entrance. Gotta love having a zone that can suit so many levels. I logged in tonight for a while, Alien Isolation is great but it's a bit anxiety inducing for me :O Getting the crap kicked out of me by a robot was... unpleasant.