/target order

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J1zmak, Apr 4, 2017.

1. J1zmak

J1zmak Well-Known Member

I was wondering about the inner workings of the /target command. All three of my characters start with the same 3 letters (Jizmak, Jizwiz, Jizzard). When I do "/target Jiz" while playing Jizmak or Jizzard, I get Jizwiz as my target. When I do the same command on Jizwiz, I get Jizmak as my target. If I run Jizwiz out of /target range, I get the "cannot find a target" message on Jizmak and Jizzard.

Some folks in my guild consistently get Jizmak on their "/target Jiz" command. Other folks consistently get "Jizwiz" for the same command.

It is based on order of zone in? Order of log in? Proximity? I thought it would make sense if it was alphabetical (Jizmak -> Jizwiz -> Jizzard). I have certainly died on numerous raid occasions when I request a spot heal while tanking on Jizmak, and my healers do a "/target Jiz" and heal my 100% hp wizard...

Can I do something on my end to force other peoples' "/target Jiz" command to select Jizmak? (short of re-roll / name changes...)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Spell more than 3 letters

-BUMbum, BUMming, BUMmer, BUMm

3. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Yeah, its probably based on proximity. Always need to spell out the name beyond the common characters. A couple of incorrectly spelled (or short) /target keys by clerics can kill a raid.

4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Should reroll anyway cause who wants to be named Jizz?

Bum, Mokli, showstring and 1 other person like this.
  5. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Although JizzWizz has a certain panache to it.

Mambo likes this.
  6. Mambo

Mambo Well-Known Member

I forgive him as soon as I read Jizzwiz.