TAKP mob information (Where do you guys look for information)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Textman, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Textman

Textman Member

Hello Everyone,
    I still consider myself new to this server, I'm still in a learning curve for this server. I'd like to ask you all what sites or sources of information you use to get info like mob level, spawn zone, spawn location, etc....

I've been questing and using Alla Kabor, Alla Clone, and Allakhazam to look up informantion on the mobs I need to kill and items I need to loot.

I've found that in alot of cases, all three of these sites have contradicting info on mobs and items.

So my question is, What source of information do you guys use when you are looking up mob/quest/item information? Right now, I'm spending alot of time camping the wrong spots just to see if any of these sites are correct.

Thanks.

2. Textman

Textman Member

Oh, I forgot to add that I haven't signed up on the TAKP Discord yet. Is there information there that I need to be looking at?

3. necra

necra People Like Me

Well allaclone is from our servers db so should be the best source of info above all others, my favourite site is mqemulator.net and then check the results against allaclone.

In terms of spawn points etc i find mqemulator.net mostly correct but sometimes wrong, its generally a case of making the best guess you can or reaching out to the community in alliance or the takp discord

4. Braven

Braven Well-Known Member

mqemulator.com seconded.

Allaclone is more accurate for drops, but the former can give good approximations of mob melee capabilities, spawn locs and rates, etc. I find it tends to be less accurate for the resist stats it has for mobs, but otherwise a nice resource.

5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Eq Magelo can be pretty good, there's a map with dots for the mob

Allakhazam old comments can sometimes provide description also

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  6. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

I've been using our Alla and cross-checking against our Wiki. The P99 Wikis are a little more filled out and I've found those to be a pretty good resource for anything pre-Luclin.

7. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

P99 wiki is great, alot of those things are well written, etc. Just have to becareful with some quest things, like epic quests. I definitely use the p99 wiki Class page when I'm trying to find specific info to a class, like warrior discs, etc.

8. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I use the P99 wiki a bit, you do have to use it with a grain of salt though. Lots of classic stuff is accurate for here, but there are exceptions, like Quillmaine, Greenmist (allakhazam has differences too).
    The PoM zone and all that info is pretty dead on for here.
    VP key is identical.
    You kinda of learn which sources are good for what over time. If you see something on the TAKP wiki, it was typically built because there were differences found elsewhere.
    I tend to look at Allakhazam mostly with comments in our timeframe.

9. Textman

Textman Member

I'll check out mqemulator.net when I get home. Thank you very much for the tip.

10. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

I use p99 a lot. As long as our server isn't different specific to whatever you're looking up, it's handy. Class armor lists, quests with checklists/checkboxes. When you look up a specific mob, and it has "Map" next to it's name, it brings up an eqatlas map with a red X where it spawns - again, not always accurate, because of server/era differences).

11. tragedie37

tragedie37 Active Member

I use a lot of resources:

• P99's wiki
    • Allakabor's site
    • Zam's older posts, like @showstring mentioned
    • Magelo
    • TAKP forums
    • And, finally, our wiki, magelo clone and allaclone
    Lately, I've been going to our wiki first and seeing if something exists; if it doesn't, I look at creating the page, with links to TAKP-specific information. I don't expect a lot of people will learn the mediawiki syntax, but if you're inclined, or already know it, then adding the pages takes a little while but would, I think, provide a large benefit to the community.

Mokli likes this.
  12. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

On this note, maybe we could have a wiki recommendations thread where if enough people like the post, we can build it on the wiki. I am not entirely sure what people would find useful at this point or would like to see on it. I just know what I want to see on it and end up doing that stuff, but it would be good to get a feel for what others would like to see and find useful.

tragedie37 likes this.
  13. tragedie37

tragedie37 Active Member

I think that would be a good idea; maybe we could get a sticky post and work on it. I'm noticing things that are outside the game, but are needed for TAKP services, such as the Privacy Policy on the wiki. I just completed the initial draft of one and it would be nice to be able to coordinate things. Also, I asked if it would be possible to set up templates, much like P99 has. @Lenas was open to the idea, so I'll look into it more when I get back home later this evening.