TAK Download

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragonslayer, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer New Member

Cannot get the download to work it downloads so much then freeze's anyone have it stored somewheres!

2. iteronMKV

iteronMKV New Member

Use a download manager (such as Internet Download Manager).

3. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer New Member

Okay got the DL manager for chrome gonna retry it Is there a faster way to get the download besides link on Rerolled?

4. mad4plaps

mad4plaps New Member

I too, am having an issue with the download link on Rerolled (both the google drive one & torrent).. some help would be appreciated.

5. iteronMKV

iteronMKV New Member

Just gotta make sure the download gets captured by the manager. I had the same problem but IDM solved it for me.

6. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer New Member

Okay guys have logged in and got it up and running then after the loadscreen says world finished loading its about to open character select screen it just poofs and closes and isnt giving any kind of messages at all I tried changing eqclient.ini resolution but didnt work any suggestions?

7. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

i had that same problem occur for me when trying to use the modern UI. it didn't happen the first time i used modern UI, but after messing with my UI files a bit it kept happening. i am able to play currently by setting the NewUI line in my eqclient.ini to NewUI=FALSE .

i really hope i can figure out a solution tho but right now classic UI is good enough, and i'd rather play than troubleshoot.

8. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer New Member

Now im getting this after entering UN/PW to even log in Error 0009: Login server did not respond. \nPlease try again. \n

9. dkissick986

dkissick986 New Member

I found the "fix" to the problem of the NewUI=TRUE crashing after the server connection. I am not sure all of these steps are necessary, but they worked for me. I would be interested if somebody just did the part with the UIFiles folder if that fixed it without doing everything else. I was able to fix this on one of my computers, and a buddy's machine that was having the same issue.

1.) Open the Mac Resources folder - go ahead and select all folders and files and copy them again into C:\EQMac directory. Overwrite/Replace any existing files/folders. I know we already did this in initial installation, but I did it again just to be sure.

2.) Same with the EQmule patch - go ahead and select all and copy these over to C:\EQMac again, overwriting/replacing any existing folders/files. I know we already did this in initial installation, but I did it again just to be sure.

3.) Now, open C:\EQMac and find the folder called UIFiles. Open it and delete all of the contents of this folder completely.

4.) Then, open the UIFiles folder in the Mac Resources folder, and copy the folder called 'default' and paste it into the UIFiles folder in C:\EQMac.

5.) Edit your eqclient.ini file - your NewUI should be true, and your VideoModeBitsPerPixel and BitsPerPixel should be 32 not 16

NewUI=TRUE
    VideoModeBitsPerPixel=32
    BitsPerPixel=32

6.) Edit your eqhost.txt file - delete everything from it and paste this:

[Registration Servers]
    {
    "loginserver.takproject.net:6000"
    }
    [Login Servers]
    {
    "loginserver.takproject.net:6000"
    }

Please let me know if this fixes this issue for you guys as well!!
    Cheers!!

10. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer New Member

I can login with the eqclient.ini =FALSE but if I change it to TRUE still crashes.

11. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer New Member

Okay well I deleted the entire folder and all of the files for now this sucks but guess ill just wait until someone has their entire folder with velious + default UI and ready to go for PC and then ill extract/change eqhost,etc and login.

12. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

I have a copy of the necessary PC files that were posted by someone thinking long-term on that other forum that EQcrackheads usually go to. If anyone has suggestions I can upload it somewhere as well. I don't really know where I can freely upload a 50g rar