Stein of Moggok Quest Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EverQuestrian, May 21, 2016.

1. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

I had some good advice in /ooc last night but thought I would verify in the forums regarding the "Stein of Moggok" quest if anyone can chime in on the subject. I was following the P99 guide to the quest which states that an Agnostic Enchanter at level 12 with Dark Elf illusion you can complete the quest. I know this isn't P99 but I tried turning in the "Bar Keep Compendium" to Clurg with Dark Elf illusion and had casted alliance on him only to get the Compendium back stating that he "had no need or couldn't use it". I also noticed that alliance didn't change my faction with Clurg. I've noticed that the illusion/alliance faction only seems to work in specific cases. I am new to the Enchanter class so I have obviously much to learn.

Someone in /ooc said they were able to do it at level 20 with Ogre illusion. I am a High Elf, Agnostic, Enchanter. Can anyone verify being able to do the quest with Ogre illusion and casting alliance on Clurg with my race or better yet a secret trick that would allow me to do the quest now? ;)

Thanks

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  2. Aades

Aades New Member

I had the same problem with my High Elf Agnostic Enchanter. I just hit 20 with her this weekend and tried again. Ogre Illusion still had me at Indifferent, and he would NOT complete the quest. Then I tried Alliance, and he and he was still Indifferent and still would NOT accept the Compendium. Then I tried the level 20 spell Benevolence, which made Clurg Amiable and allowed me to get my Stein!

TLDR; Ogre Illusion + Benevolence will work for a level 20 High Elf Agnostic Enchanter

Edit: I think Benevolence was more important than Ogre Illusion. I went OOM twice with fizzles getting Ogre Illusion to work. You might try Dark Elf Illusion again if your Divination skill is as pitiful as mine.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  3. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

Excellet News! :D
    Thanks so much Aades for the tip.

4. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

EverQuestrian likes this.
  5. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

A dark elf with alliance can do the quest without faction. You'll need benevolence or faction quests to do it with dark elf illusion

6. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

Thanks for the link Neealana. Good to know there are other routes to achieving this quest.

7. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

Since reaching level 20 on my Enchanter I have been able to complete this quest twice. My Enchanter and Necro are both very happy to have acquired a nice int item with a healthy disease resist. Thanks for the advice and tips.:D

Ransom likes this.
  8. Haynar

Haynar Administrator