Spell effects issue help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hendo, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Hendo

Hendo Member

So I am pretty sure I accidentally changed a setting or screwed something up. The odd thing is the only thing I know for a fact I did roughly around the same time I started experiencing this issue was add a second chat window and split what comes through on those windows. But I thought that was stuff only in the chat box. To be clear I did do a test and delete the second chat box to see if it helped and it did not.

With that being said, here's my issue. I generally 3 box on a mac on 3 different desktops with a char uploaded on each one.

What's happening is if I cast a nuke on my chanter when it hits the intended target (an npc) I can see the spell effects fine on my enchanters screen but not my druids or warriors. Same goes for any spell cast on an npc... slow, snare, you name it. I can see it on the casters screen but not the other two. To be clear I can see the spell effects that surround my character on all screens when they start to cast. Aka the green swirly stuff around my Druid when he starts to cast snare, however when the spell hits an npc target I only see the green swirly stuff on my Druid and not the other two. Same applies to all chars that i box AND any people I group with. I cannot see their spells land on an npc only on their character when they start to cast.

The odd thing is that it's JUST for spells targeting npc targets. If I cast a heal spell on a player character I can see both the starting and landing spell effects on any and all screens. This goes for all spells, buffs, heals etc.

It sucks because since i never know when or if a spell lands from another player on an intended target.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows how to fix it thanks! I have tried almost every setting in the "display" tab in options and nothing seems to help.

Open to suggestions thnks!!!!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017