Shawl and Ring Quests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hendo, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Hendo

Hendo Member

Hey all,

Contemplating starting the shawl and ring quests for my mains. Just wondering if it's something I can do right now with my 3 chars around 53 as it stands and just wondering how heavy the workload is with the trade skills. I've always hated tradeskills. I'll quest and run around all day for a quest but tradeskills are just not my thing and I know it's involved in it so just curious on how much time is involved in that part. Just wondering people's opinions on time involved to reward.

Not only do I like the shawl/ring but it seems there are also some other cool items you get along the way during the quest. Love me some FT items :).

Thanks for any input!

2. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Ring is easy peasy. Shawl, not so much

3. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

I found the ring to be fun, with cool story lines. Shawl is mostly a tradeskill grind, but it also has some cool quests.

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Ring 1-8 you can solo with the correct approaches to Ring 4,6,7,8 events. Ring 9 you will need to be higher to box the plate cycle. The other dwarves can be handled with the correct approach.

Shawls 1-6 are an easy solo, but it's mostly about the tradeskill grind. Shawl 7 you need to clear out Plate cycle area for the royal blood and farm sirens for a bit.

Ring 10 you need a solid raid force with a decent strategy. Shawl 8 you need 1-2 decent groups plus more tradeskills.

Ring 8 and Shawl 7 should be quite feasible right now.

5. tibbs

tibbs Member

for royal blood, doesn't it drop off of the kromzek sorcerer near WL zoneline? It's a full building, but he's the only DB to 60, and he nukes hard, but has low hp, esp for a giant.

6. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

hmm out of 142 observed loots https://eq.magelo.com/npc/16715. there is no sign of royal kromrif blood even tho ZAM says it does. None of the post there mentioned it drops off of it so I'm not sure how they got that info.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  7. tibbs

tibbs Member

Ah, musta been yet another instance of oversight of details from p2002 ;)

Ransom likes this.
  8. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

We research everything we are provided. Posts on zam or elsewhere are notoriously inaccurate. You can cherry pick to make things nearly whatever you want.

Posts to references are great. Its a good starting point. But we look it up too. Including getting on eqlive for unchanged content. We parse damage, mob hps, drop rates of items. Whatever it takes to be accurate.

Mokli, tibbs, Draeko and 3 others like this.