Shaman race…

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by d3adr3d, Nov 5, 2022.

1. d3adr3d

d3adr3d Member

Hey guys, returning player. I am rolling a shaman mainly to be a 4th for a buddy who is leveling a trio but also because my 65 tank doesn’t have a slower in his trio (sk/wiz/clr). At max level my shaman will mainly be a buff bot when my buddy is playing with me. But it think I would use him to slow in my trio if my buddy isn’t on.

Sorry for the backstory! My question is, do I go iksar/troll for regen or would ogre stun immunity be more important?

2. Inacht

Inacht People Like Me

IMO Ogre is going to be considered the most optimal choice. Having said that, picking a different race is not a severe penalty, and some do prefer the extra regen.

You can go with whatever you like with minimal impact.

3. DubRemix88

DubRemix88 People Like Me

Go troll for cool leather hats
    trollhat.png

4. Delorne

Delorne People Like Me

Frontal stun immunity is very beneficial, but I don't generate a ton of agro on my shaman bot. If you were running the shaman as your main, or had goals to solo cool stuff on the shaman, I think ogre would be the optimal choice.

Troll or iksar for the regen is a solid pick. I also like troll because of the clickies they can get. If you go innoruuk, you get access to the clicky snare amulet which is incredibly useful if you don't have someone else with snare. You also have the option to do the iksar cudgel quest line for clicky primal essence, provided you do the faction work. But I might be biased as troll shaman.

Toomuch, Neealana and Pithy like this.
  5. Braven

Braven Well-Known Member

If youre just going to be a buff bot, a cat seems like the obvious choice so you dont have an xp penalty. Barb if you don't like cats (5% penalty).

Toomuch and Pithy like this.
  6. Kithani

Kithani Well-Known Member

If it can be Troll, it should be Troll, simply from a superior appearance and role-play perspective.

Hoodlum, Ripwind and DubRemix88 like this.
  7. Toomuch

Toomuch Member

I might be too late with this feedback, and your friend might have already created their character, but I thought I heard in Alliance Chat at some point that the "Frontal Stun Immunity" is a little bit different on TAKP than some people are expecting (as in, coming from P99 possibly).

I don't really have a way to personally confirm this, no access to an Ogre Shaman or Ogre SK, but as I understand it, you can (and will?) still be interrupted from the front with kick or bash, because "interrupt" and "stun" are coded differently. More specifically, you won't get spin-stunned with a kick/bash, and maybe if you're backing up (or standing still) you won't be stunned in place for a second by a kick/bash, but kick/bash will still (instantly?) interrupt a spell cast.

Maybe I heard wrong, or misinterpreted what I heard, and this only applies to (some) mobs that are flagged as being un-stunnable, but can still be interrupted with a kick/bash? But if I'm remembering right, this Alliance Chat conversation was in context of Ogre frontal stun immunity being deemed overrated, because it didn't/doesn't help you channel your spells the way it does on P99.

Hoodlum likes this.
  8. d3adr3d

d3adr3d Member

I figured I would update y’all, I came to the conclusion fashion quest is most important and went with a female barbarian. Maybe I’ll come to regret it if she ever replaces my cleric. For now though, I am having a blast playing her as my very first shaman with my buddy’s trio. She just hit 37 and slow already feels busted. Thanks everyone for your advice!

Hoodlum, Mokli, Toomuch and 4 others like this.