SGA - Bug Posting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by furst, Nov 10, 2014.

1. furst

furst Member

After speaking with people who have been around here awhile I thought I mention/make a post about this.

There have been tons of repeat bug posting, tho I agree it is a good idea to draw attention to issues you find in the game. We do not need 10 posts about the same subject. Please use the search function.

Also when posting bugs be descriptive as possible. Try to follow:

Who: Mob / Class / Toon / Quest
    What: Issue / Spell / Pathing / Loot / Food Issue / Crash / LD / exploit / ect
    Where: Zone / Multiple Zones / While Zoning / ect
    Can it be repeated: yes / no / frequency

Also make sure the posts go into the correct Forum. If it is in the wrong forum mods will end up moving it:

Client Bugs: This is for client side only, there isnt much the team can do for this, tho the community has found some work arounds so keep your eyes peeled if you do have one of the issue. Example on certain video cards you would see arms flairing while meleeing in first person. Abacab(?) found a post on redguides that fixed this issue.

Database bugs: Mostly this is mob data, including loot, All issues with Items / Spawn Points / Non-combat pathing ETC.

Pathing Bug: Pretty self explainitory, Any bugs relating to pathing while in COMBAT only.

Quest / Script Bugs: All bugs with Quests and Scripted events. Please include Zone name, NPC and quest name if you know it in your report.

Server Bugs: Any issues with logging in, game performance, and other non-database related issues.

Website related bugs: Any issues for the forums or website or other non-game server services.

edit: SGA = super good advice

2. abacab

abacab New Member

3. furst

furst Member

That should help a bunch

4. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for this guys. It helps quite a bit.

5. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me