"server is not allowing open logins at this time."

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aporia, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Aporia

Aporia Member

Hi all, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere--I've tried searching and can't seem to find any mention of it.

I'm trying to help a buddy get set up to play on the server. He's made his forum and game accounts, but gets the following message when trying to log into the game: "Account activation required. The server is not allowing open logins at this time." I don't recall this being part of the account creation process, but my own accounts were admittedly made about six months ago. Do new players now simply need to await GM approval before being able to play, or is there anything else my friend needs to do on his end to advance the process?

Cheers and thanks.

2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

is he on the same ip as yours? If so, need to make an ip exemption. You can click on chat on the top of this forum here and one of us will help you and your friend.

3. Aporia

Aporia Member

I have logged in from his home once before, but we are not on the same IP, and the accounts certainly were not created on the same IP. However, I'd be happy to petition for an exemption if that would solve the problem.

4. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

you can come in our chat room. There's a button on top says "Chat". click on that and we will work to resolve that for you.