Server Error #2 Playing with coworkers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barry, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Barry

Barry New Member

A coworker with a deep rooted history in EQ has hooked us all into playing on TAKP. We are super excited to enjoy the server, but found that after more than three of us connect, the others get a failed to connect to server error #2. Initially we tried VPN's, and ultimately the only thing that worked was using a different wifi connection to a nearby public network. This was a spotty connection at best.

I assume this is some kind of 4+ boxing preventative, is there any kind of whitelist we could get on to enable more than 3 of us to play together? We would love to play during our lunch break, or while waiting on lengthy builds perhaps—we are a mobile app development shop.

Thanks for the help, already thoroughly enjoying some EQ!

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

You also live with your coworkers? Or you are all playing at work?

You need to request IP exemptions for whatever network you use.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  3. Barry

Barry New Member

Playing at work. Makes sense, thanks.

4. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

Yeah you can request the IP exemptions in the petition forum. I think they just need your forum account names and the forum accounts need characters created on them.

5. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

This is funny, as I ALSO work in mobile app development and have considered getting others to play with me. The only thing preventing me from recruiting them is that they would be able to see how much I play while AT work :)

6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

It would behoove you to read through the rule/FAQ posts listed in his forum:

https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?forums/server-info.90/

I'm pretty sure IP exemptions are covered in the rules 101 thread

Cadsuane likes this.