Dire Charm xp penalty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slayzz, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

I know this has been discussed before but I don’t believe any concrete answer has been noted, just assumptions. And the wiki doesn’t have an answer either. It even says unknown.

Does anyone know for sure how the Dire Charm xp penalty works if there is one?

Is it flat regardless how much dmg is done if one is used?

Is it only if the Dire Charm pet (along with other pets) do 100% of dmg so that you only have to do 1 dmg from PCs to avoid it like all other pet xp penalties?

Is it if that PCs have to do more dmg than the Dire? IE 51%. And if so do other PC pets like mage and regular charm pets account toward the players dmg?

Or is it something else entirely?

Thanks for any insight :)

2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

The devs have not commented on the TAKP implementation, so there's no way to know for sure. Here is an outline of how it probably should work from an SOE dev, although it doesn't answer every question you could ask.

Ransom and Slayzz like this.
  3. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Current logic we're using is this:

Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]
    I just grabbed this quickly without much examination, so I can't say for sure if anything else is done, but it looks unambiguous.

Ravenwing's link sounds like it should scale instead of using two flat tiers. Probably (if pet does >50% dmg): exp% = 75% - (petDmg% - 50%) / 2

lurari and Slayzz like this.
  4. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

In this setup is it Dire Charm pet vs all other dmg?

The heart of my question lies in whether or not PC pets Including charm pets go toward players dmg...

Hope that makes sense

5. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

In regards to the dire charm exp penalties, it's all dire charmed pets combined vs. all other damage sources combined (including non-dire charmed pets).

6. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

#torvenforpresident

Thanks for the info and all you guys do as always :)