Sac in pok

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spankage, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Spankage

Spankage Member

Why was it disabled?

2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

it was disabled to prevent having corpses littering all over the pok. Some of us were complaining about it.

3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I prefer the term "corpse art"

4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Because for some reason (inconsideration), some people forgot how right click on their empty corpses to poof them.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  5. Spankage

Spankage Member

Having to run to a starting city, bind, do sacs, then rebind in pok is more bothersome than a few corpses by a single person in pok.

6. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

Or just have your necro bind you where you stand? Such as just outside of the freeport/kelethin/kaladim/FV/ pok book portal?

7. robregen

last time, it was more than just "a few corpse" there was at least 50+ of them, scattering throughout every section of pok. leaving trails and some of it was purposely doing "corpse art".

8. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

You guys have it all wrong... the reason behind the corpses is right here!

9. Spankage

Spankage Member

I'm still not seeing an issue with corpses in pok, unless there was 100's in 1 spot causing mass lag for people still playing eq on a potato hotwired to a watch battery. Disabling sac in PoK just cause of a few peoples OCD of seeing corpses in pok is pretty lame.

10. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Binding is two casts, and starting cities are literally a few steps away. Get over it? Leaving corpses is a dick move no matter how you cut it. When I sac, I clean up every corpse as I make it.

11. robregen

this is being discussed in the dev channel to make sac corpse last a few minutes, so this can be unblocked for pok to not be an annoyance for some players.

12. Spankage

Spankage Member

Thank you for looking into alternatives.

13. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Aside from extreme examples of hundreds of corpses lagging up banks or piles making it impossible to click on a PoK stone, can you cut it a way where it *is* a dick move instead of simply asserting that it is?

14. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Knowing that it only takes a single click to get rid of a corpse, I can't think of a single instance where leaving one in PoK wouldn't be a dick move. If you don't wanna be called a dick, you can hope for 'lazy bastard' at best.

15. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Why don't you try actually answering the question instead of dodging?

16. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I'm not dodging anything; I don't know what you want me to say. There's been more than one discussion on it, people have reported it, GM's have disabled it. If people cleaned up corpses as they made them no one would ever have an issue.

17. robregen

okay Sac will be enabled in PoK next time the server patch. Sac corpse will last only 3 minutes.

18. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Will gear stay on the player being sacrificed or will they have to loot their gear within the 3 minute timer? If someone goes LD while reloading after death that could be an issue.

19. robregen

only empty sac corpse. all other zone except nexus and bazaar will just have a normal sac corpse timer.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  20. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

These never annoyed me. I think it added something to the game, another way for people to express themselves. The corpses game me something to think about while I ran past them. I thought it was nice when I could figure out what the artist was trying to do. Anyway makes no difference to me, if they are there or not. I just want to say that they did not annoy everyone. However, I personally always loot my corpses, unless it is holding no rent item or I need a corpse for rez out of VP.

21. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

Stacking up ogre corpses at the entrance to SolB is inconsideration... but corpse art? I think that's a stretch. I found some of them quite useful!

22. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

I can proudly say that I got several dozen compliments on my corpse lines in FV from the PoK book to the Dreadlands Zoneline. Yet several of these individuals are the same people who got pissy about a corpse line from the FV stone to the main bank.
    For shame.