Where to go at level 14?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitya, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Mitya

Mitya Well-Known Member

Hi everyone - I'm (slowly...yay dadhood) getting my trio up there. I've got my bard/sk/cleric team up to 10-11 and will be staying in Crushbone until level 14 and then turning in a ton of belts (like seriously I have 80 belts saved up lol) to get a boost from 14.

Where do you guys think I should go at 14? I'm so used to being outdoors and just picking off those dark blues, I'm not used to having a tank, heals and utility - which is working out surprisingly well.

I know HHK is a good place, but I thought that was mid 20s?

2. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Najena would be my choice.

Oiwon likes this.
  3. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

I would head to Unrest -> HHK Gobbies/Guards

If you like being outside you can always explore Mistmoore when you're a bit higher :)

Don't put off the belt thing for too much longer.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  4. Mitya

Mitya Well-Known Member

Haynar that might be a great idea. Najena has those delicious tentacle monsters with the stun whips!

[Edit]
    Just realized that both Upper Guk and Najena have the XP bonus. Either one would work... I will check the loot tables since I know there are some named that start showing up in some of the rooms there at some point.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  5. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

If you want "safe" experience, Unrest yard trash when no one else is in the building is an easy trip from 14-17. I can't stand the lower levels of Unrest, though. I think Befallen or Najena could be fun. You could even turn your cleric into a nuker when mana is flowing.

Other safe places:
    High Hold Pass 15-20 (orcs, gnolls)
    South Karana
    Oasis

At 24 or so, the possibilities really open up. You have HK goblins (safe), SolA (risky with loot), Unrest (risky with loot) and Mistmoore (safe at the entrance).

6. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Exp bonus in Najena. +++

7. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

HK would start around 22-24 depending on your gear, whether you group up, and probably how well you box.

I usually stay in CB throne room until 17 since the ZEM is so nice. Belts at 14 won't give much xp; I'd save them for an alt at 5 or 6 or sell to others for some cash.

Oasis gators at 17-22 is very casual and safe but slower than other options due to the lower ZEM (but not that much if you're doing CRs elsewhere ;))
    Unrest yard is a little more likely to have trains but has a decent ZEM.
    Najena may be good, haven't tried it for xp. Could feel crowded if you're looking for something open.

Part of it comes down to the learning curve on the dungeons rewarding better xp. If you're looking for relatively fast and easy I'd go Oasis or Unrest. In the long run, Najena or other dungeons may be more fun.

8. Mitya

Mitya Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I've done just fine in CB as a sort of duo/trio while I tried to catch my SK and Cleric up to the Bard's level. I've gotten them both to level 10 by having the druid outside the group. I plan on switching in the bard at 11 and that will give me more responsibilities in the boxing beyond just switching for a heal. But I took Ghakim's advice and made some macros for heals and targeting and it's been pretty easy to switch, press a button, get a heal, and switch back. It'll only get better when the cleric gets Heal.

My only concern is being able to switch to the bard in order to do some significant damage/singing/twisting and not having something "get away from me" - this will stop being a problem when my SK gets snare.

9. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I did a few levels in Najena (high teens and early twenties) and had fun, but in the mid teens you may have trouble finding a suitable part of the zone to hunt in due to the level spread: lots of mobs in the blue-yellow range will be hanging out with deep red cons.

The heart spiders in Upper Guk should be pretty good at 14.

Oiwon likes this.
  10. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

I've always done Upper Guk spiders camp from 12/13 - 20. Not only does Upper Guk have a zone bonus, but you can sell the spider silk you loot as well

Khorpus and Oiwon like this.
  11. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Kurn will open up in a couple of weeks. That'll be a good zone to level up in.

Mokli, Khorpus and Oiwon like this.
  12. Suriinya

Suriinya Well-Known Member

Befallen is awesome fun if you're very cautious.

13. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

I did upper guk spiders from 15.5-17 last night. Fairly straight forward, however they do assist so you'll need to lull with cleric or bard. Otherwise, very safe spot to xp. Only the large spider was aggressive and red. Everything else was light blue to white, but mostly blue. Had about 3-4 stacks of spider silk in the short hour and a half session.

I think I'll try a little befallen for the next level or two, then jump to Najena.