Quinting.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fadetree, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

So, I was quadding snow kitties on my druid. Then, I had a brilliant idea! Since I had so much mana left over after a quad, what if i pulled 1 more, and then just re-targeted a different cat every couple of nukes. So I did 2 nukes, and then managed to target the fifth one...no damage to him yet. Great, thought I. I then nuked him, but the other original four took damage and not him. I kept him targeted and circled a few times to move them around a bit, but no matter what I did he never took damage, but the other 4 did.
    This was surprising to me. I expected the algorithm to start at the target, apply to it, and then check for others in radius. What it actually does I guess is just pull all in radius into a list, and then applies to the first four in the list. How the list is ordered is unknown, but I'd guess by some sort of hate list position, because he was the last pulled.
    I wasn't a big quadder on Live, so I've no idea if this is how it is supposed to be or not, but I'd thought I'd mention it.

2. Rhyss

Rhyss Member

This is how it's supposed to be. If you have the mana and/or regen then just pull 8 or 12, much faster.

3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Selecting of targets is based upon the lifespan of the mob. Whichever mob is the "oldest" is what will be selected first. On down the chain. They will list first in the zone's entity list and therefore be selected first.

This is why if you get a respawn and put him into your pile he shouldn't get hit until you clear out the rest.

4. Bastette

Bastette Active Member

If you want to quint, the Al'Kabor line should hit 5 mobs. It's still more efficient to just quad though...