Quillmane Farm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Malcyte, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Malcyte

Malcyte New Member

Does anyone have any good references for farming here? I read one and I'm currently killing the North/South roamers that wander over the Paw Ent. Going on a few hours with no spawns so far. Thanks.

2. Aithne

Aithne Member

There are like 20 or 30 possible spawn points.
    There is a list of possible mobs as placeholders.
    You need to find the PH (you recognize it by timing the respawn with track, the PH or QM spawns after 78 seconds).
    Best to use max tracking ranger to cover (almost) all spawns (from south of Split Paw).

Rumor has it that at some point the PH will always come across Paw spires but i cannot confirm that.

pivoo likes this.
  3. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

If you kill the mobs that roam over the paw entrance, you're killing the right ones. I got lucky and got a Quillmane spawn with a cloak in a couple of hours, and wasn't tracking spawns or anything. Just killing mobs that roamed over the paw entrance. Stick it out and you'll get one.

pivoo likes this.
  4. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Complete video guide, takes two trackers, druid and ranger, start is slow until you get into proper rotation, then you can get several:

TAKP - Quillmane hunting:

Kithani, Break and showstring like this.
  5. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

pivoo, Break and showstring like this.
  6. RichardCox

RichardCox Active Member

Wednesday morning, right after server reset, three of us did this with two rangers and a druid. We each got a cloak (about one-third of the Quill spawns). The PH mob when we finished was a mist wolf which we shrunk twice and gave a light. It didn't look brighter to us, but it was smaller.
    As described, kill PHs and watch for a respawn at seventy-eight seconds. Once you get that happening, you're golden. The druid was on the hill south of split paw, about n5000, p1000. For having the worst tracking, this was a good compromise; the rangers found more (I think they were north of there and spread out), but the druid got several kills when the mobs spawned to the west of that hill.
    The first Quillmane you get, take your time to get toons well-positioned. Don't rush it, because as soon as Quill dies the first time, your schedule is set until you give up or hand off the camp. I used the server clock; /tim command at death, add 1:18 to that and respawn is reliable.

pivoo, Wellmine, Frosst and 1 other person like this.
  7. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

Correct and to add we used a pet to summon yet again to keep the PH on track so we mass killed the zone all PHs. Once we downed QM summon a new pet after 10-15 mins let all the other mobs respawn. This was clutch to ensure we killed the correct respawn.

pivoo likes this.