Question about Enchanter AoE Mez and Self Mez

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EverQuestrian, Jul 28, 2016.

1. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

1) I was given some good advice earlier on the boards from Darchon, for some mez scenarios, to use the combo Entrancing Lights (fast cast - low duration) PBAoE run a short distance away then use (X) TAoE Mez (longer duration) so that I don't accidentally Mez myself since I also have very low MR. And does self mez become negligible at 56 on AK as it does on P99? Soon I will get my 8 sec stun so this will actually have a longer duration than EL so this will probably be a better option for avoiding the self AoE mez issue.

And this leads into my next question.

2) Disregarding resists, on AK what is the max # of mobs a PAoE or TAoE mez will work? On P99 I believe its 4. I quickly went into field of bone to test it and was able to use the AoE mez combo EL + Mezmerization and saw at least 5 mez'd msgs and 5 wear off msgs but didn't have time to attempt anymore as I am very busy atm. So I'm wondering what the max limit is on AK or is it based upon spell level / mob lvl / my lvl etc..?

Your expertise is much appreciated. :)

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

PBAOE spells hit an unlimited amount of targets. Targeted AOE Mez will hit up to, I believe, 5 mobs.

Mambo likes this.
  3. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Targeted AE mezzes (Mesmerization, Fascination) will always have a chance of hitting you, even above level 55. Level-based immunity is a P99 oddity. So buff that MR!

The line of color stuns (flux, shift, skew, slant) is another enormously useful tool in the enchanter toolbox. A lot like Entrancing Lights, but they stun the mobs instead of mezzing 'em (so damage doesn't wake 'em up).

5. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

Excellent info. Very good to know, Thanks. And then lastly something I have not properly understood for much too long and a directly related is the burning question of a spell's frenzy and reaction radius. For instance:
    Lull :
    Frenzy Radius 15/30
    Reaction Radius 15/30

Calm
    Frenzy Radius 5/50
    Reaction Radius 5/50

So a ratio in relation to a radius somehow? How would I practically visualize or determine this radius measurement in game. How would I be able to calculate their numbers approximately in a given scenario? Is there a nice write up somewhere that already addresses this aspect of the game?

Thanks

6. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Frenzy Radius X/Y means the spell reduces the mob's frenzy radius to X feet, and the spell works on mobs up to level Y. So Lull works on mobs up to level 30 and reduces their frenzy radius to 15 feet. Reaction radius is similar.

Frenzy radius is how close you need to get to the mob before it aggros you (aka aggro range). Reaction radius is how close the mob needs to be to another mob in order to assist that mob when you aggro it (aka assist range).

For a distance reference, complete heal has a 100 foot range. Most other spells have a 200 foot range. So 15 feet is very close to a mob. 5 feet is tiny -- basically inside most mobs' models.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Mambo likes this.
  7. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

Once again thanks. Having a better understanding of these things will help me make more informed choices and hopefully produce a more favorable outcome.