Psa - camp epic spawns at your own risk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dranthor, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

Just found out the hard way on a super rare spawn that should have 100% drop chance that these may not be entered correctly in the database yet. Unless the epic quest is verified as functioning correctly you could walk away empty handed. And, since it isn't officially in yet, there is no GM assistance. Although, it would also be nice to know the GMs official stance on this once they are released, if drop rates end up being off (e.g. if a rare spawn should have 100% drop rate and doesn't, will the item be provided or is the player still out of luck).

Don't do what I did, and throw away a day camping stuff that's set at 85% instead of 100%.

2. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Few more details pls ! Who what when where ! You have a right to be frustrated, but possibly link mob and details from a reliable source ?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  3. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

4. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

Thank you for your concern for fact checking, but that wasn't really the point of this thread.

5. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

It may not have been your point, and I say this with all due respect, but if the item isn't indeed a 100% drop rate, then that would affect the attention required by the devs. Additionally, it's a "requirement" (I use the term loosely, but the best term I can think of at the moment) to have links which indicate facts that back up our assertions when making statements such as "100% drop rate", so the devs can ensure the server is operating properly, and all updates are made accordingly.

Having said that, like Robregen said already, only the wizard epic is supported, so I personally wouldn't invest too much time just yet into epics.

6. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

Also, it's just good form to supply as much information and details to our fellow server members so we can all be aware of issues and avoid them. :)

Cutty likes this.
  7. robregen

Lord Grimblox doesn't drop the ring 100% of the time. That was reported already so that will be fixed at next server update. =D

8. robregen

Well you know. it can always reported in the database bug section on these kind of thing even though it's not supported and hasn't been reviewed. So that can be fixed for the next server update.

9. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

I fully agree that 100% drop rates need to be backup up with information (I love real data), but again that isn't the point of this thread. If I want to start a debate about the specific item that I had an issue with I will do that. I wanted to give people that are trying to get a head start on epics a heads-up that it isn't just hand ins, drop rates may also not be right, and the devs have confirmed that those too are "at your own risk."

Had I not already discussed it with Rob I would have put it up in the database bugs to at least get looked at. As Rab said above, it was Lord Gimblox. As far as I can tell nobody ever mentioned killing him and not getting a ring (although I admit that I didn't read every single post) on zam. P99 wiki has this set to Always/100%.
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1667

IMO it's bad form to jump on a helpful heads-up thread looking to get into a debate over something unrelated to the topic. Why would anyone want to help more if that's the reaction they're going to get?

10. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

No one's looking to get into a debate except you. Neea originally just posted asking for more info (for reasons that I stated above), and despite it not being your main point, the drop rate automatically becomes a point of this post because of the ramifications. And I "jumped" in because I know you're new to the server (I believe I saw a post of yours recently indicating so, if I'm incorrect then please accept my apology), so I wanted to give some background to Neea's queries.

Cutty likes this.
  11. shortok

shortok People Like Me

(As far as I would guess):

If you're camping anything quest specific, it's at your own risk. If anything doesn't reflect al'kabor, it needs to be reported, even though it might be a known issue(WIP). Never hurts to report stuff if you can't find a post on it. Someone will usually set you straight. I'm good at being wrong/redundant.

Good sentiment to keep in the public consciousness though. Good post.

12. shortok

shortok People Like Me

I wouldn't say that. It's probably greatly appreciated and adds a lot of credibility but ultimately there's plenty of stuff around here that's going to end up being put in place through overwhelming/honest/trusted consensus.

13. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

I respectfully disagree, Sturmm. I labelled the thread PSA and left out any specific mob details intentionally to avoid any debates over the details of a mob in this thread. The thread actually had nothing to do with the mob I camped except the percentages that I used for examples. Neea's post came straight after those details which I interpreted to be opening this up for a debate that had nothing to do with what I was posting about ("link mob and details from a reliable source"). Neea may not have meant it that way, but that is how it came across to me. Although debate over that mob may be worthwhile, my point was that this isn't the place for it.

14. shortok

shortok People Like Me

Pedantry thread.

Mokli, Lenas and Neealana like this.
  15. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Basically everything on this server is "do this at your own risk."

Elrontaur likes this.
  16. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Welcome to beta testing. It worked yesterday on AK, it doesn't work today on TAKP. Cie La Guerre.

Lenas likes this.