Please Help!! Trying to get on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LittleSorcerer, Jan 1, 2015.

1. LittleSorcerer

LittleSorcerer New Member

Hello, i downloaded the necessary files, but I cant figure out how to get onto the correct server and cant find a post saying how to =( Sorry if its obviously somewhere but i needs some helps! =)

2. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

You're looking for eqhost it sounds like?

[Registration Servers]
    {
    "loginserver.takproject.net:6000"
    }
    [Login Servers]
    {
    }

3. LittleSorcerer

LittleSorcerer New Member

I get to the server select now, and i push load in to get to the character select screen, it starts loading in then crashes =( any ideas?

4. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

What files did you download?

5. Dhos

Dhos New Member

I am having the same issue. DId you find a fix?

6. dkissick986

dkissick986 New Member

I've found that changing the following in the eqclient.ini makes it work, but it will ONLY work with the original/old UI which for me is fairly unplayable

In eqclient.ini change:

NewUI=TRUE

to

NewUI=FALSE

Anyone have any solution/advice to this crash?

7. squinty

squinty New Member

An incompatible UI would do that. There aren't many UI's compatible with it as far as I know. Check the UI forum for one that has been tested successfully.

8. dkissick986

dkissick986 New Member

The odd thing about it though is I am using the same Default and Default_old directories as ones that I have that are working no problem.

9. squinty

squinty New Member

Each EMU has different quirks. Some more tolerant than others. A lot of people have gotten this to be relatively stable client side, myself included after a lot of issues initially.

10. dkissick986

dkissick986 New Member

Could anyone PM me a link to their C:\EQMac\uifiles folder for testing? Or maybe even a Mac version of the uifiles folder.

11. dkissick986

dkissick986 New Member

I found the "fix" to the problem of the NewUI=TRUE crashing after the server connection. I am not sure all of these steps are necessary, but they worked for me. I would be interested if somebody just did the part with the UIFiles folder if that fixed it without doing everything else. I was able to fix this on one of my computers, and a buddy's machine that was having the same issue.

1.) Open the Mac Resources folder - go ahead and select all folders and files and copy them again into C:\EQMac directory. Overwrite/Replace any existing files/folders. I know we already did this in initial installation, but I did it again just to be sure.

2.) Same with the EQmule patch - go ahead and select all and copy these over to C:\EQMac again, overwriting/replacing any existing folders/files. I know we already did this in initial installation, but I did it again just to be sure.

3.) Now, open C:\EQMac and find the folder called UIFiles. Open it and delete all of the contents of this folder completely.

4.) Then, open the UIFiles folder in the Mac Resources folder, and copy the folder called 'default' and paste it into the UIFiles folder in C:\EQMac.

5.) Edit your eqclient.ini file - your NewUI should be true, and your VideoModeBitsPerPixel and BitsPerPixel should be 32 not 16

NewUI=TRUE
    VideoModeBitsPerPixel=32
    BitsPerPixel=32

6.) Edit your eqhost.txt file - delete everything from it and paste this:

[Registration Servers]
    {
    }
    [Login Servers]
    {
    }

Please let me know if this fixes this issue for you guys as well!!
    Cheers!!