Pet follow/back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Verdent, May 5, 2015.

1. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

Was there a change recently that involved pets following or coming back to you? I notice that my pet doesnt follow quite so fast in a certain range and just walks towards me, this is correct but i think the range should be much smaller. In the melee range maybe? Right now when i press pet back/follow after hes been hit and trying to get him to round a corner in LGuk he slowly saunters over. Makes it very hard to get a mob back to camp.

2. scrubber

scrubber New Member

The 29 Apr patch made the following changes to pet movement. I do noticed too that maybe because the position update packets been cut down. The pet are moving very slowly now/less responsive now

* Moved pets to walk at their owners walk speed, to make their movement while following smoother.

* Pets will now have slightly different distances to when they start to follow their owners and when they catch up. That way pets are not starting/stopping so much and sending more position update packets.

* Pets at a distance will now send their position updates out to everyone less frequently.

3. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

Thanks for posting that, I ended up checking it after I posted but I figured I'd leave my post up to at least bring attention. It's not game killing just sucks pulling with a pet class more than before. I also just found the progress tracker and was very pleasantly surprised to see that a good chunk of Kunark is finished. That's awesome guys!

4. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

The old way certainly made it easier to pull with and control the pet in tighter areas. I wonder if there would be a way to have the commands cause the pet to function the old way but keep the new pathing for general movement/following. Or have the initial incoming pet move quickly (run to player) but have the adjustment range larger (something like: run in to 3 yards; don't reposition or only walk until character is 10 yards away again). It doesn't seem like it will be impossible to get used to though, and stability is definitely a bigger priority.

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I was able to get data usage down, without totally screwing uo how the pet follows. So much of that which is in now, will be fixed in wed patch.

H

6. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

Thanks guys