Paypal news

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neealana, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

From https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full?locale.x=GB

“When providing us with content or posting content (in each case for publication, whether on- or off-line) using the Services, you grant the PayPal Group a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademarks, database rights and intellectual property rights you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future. Further, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you waive your moral rights and promise not to assert such rights against the PayPal Group, its sublicensees or assignees. You represent and warrant that none of the following infringe any intellectual property right: your provision of content to us, your posting of content using the Services, and the PayPal Group’s use of such content (including of works derived from it) in connection with the Services.”

2. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

I saw that the other day, reminded me of how facebook is like 'we own the content of your posts, GG.'

3. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

Been seeing these kind of terms a lot lately and now with banks doing it. You either accept or get lost.
    I have no idea how or why the governments are allowing it.

4. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

It's because the big companies are writing the laws these days. Then they buy a government official to enact it.

Speedz likes this.
  5. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

That is a fact my friend.

6. Blaze

Blaze Member

the political stage is just a muppet show to please the sheep. Much more efficient than an open dictatorship. :)

Ghakim and Speedz like this.
  7. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

It's a clause about non-exclusive use and pertains to copyright. I have to wonder, what exactly do Financial Services need clauses like this for? The only "content" we provide to financial service sites like Paypal and banking is transactional (amounts, who exchanges cash, when, where and how often, etc) and personal information.

What they do with that data, and the value of said data, one can only speculate.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  8. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

I called TD bank and wanted to ask for motorcycle insurance. They read me a long TOA before they would talk to me stating that any and all information i gave them they could use and provide with third party companies if they so wished it.

9. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

And the government requires you to have insurance.... I agree 100% with the comment Blaze makes.